Author Topic: Fiora looking half decent  (Read 2053 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Fiora looking half decent
« on: February 26, 2005, 03:11:08 AM »
It's only the Wiz Cup but Fiora has played well in both games scoring 20 possies again last night. It would've been interesting what Wallace would have got our of him. Still it's too early to say he's changed from his decision-making free zone ways with us. I remember one Adam Houlihan scoring good stats and popping through goals for us in the Wiz Cup when we made the GF in 2002. Did stuff all after that for next 3 years.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

froars

Re: Fiora looking half decent
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 09:00:26 AM »
He did a few other good things last night.  Good luck to him - i hope he has a bit of success.  He is the lucky one - how many of Frawley's rejects would be wondering "if i only had a real coach, would i still be playing".

Offline Hammerfire

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 10:27:25 AM »
Danny Frawley, stuffed up the top picks, made something of the poo picks!

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 05:23:57 AM »
He did a few other good things last night.  Good luck to him - i hope he has a bit of success.  He is the lucky one - how many of Frawley's rejects would be wondering "if i only had a real coach, would i still be playing".

Hmm, very true froars, very true.

Spud the player killer. :banghead
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 11:27:43 AM »
I think this is utter crap

Fiora is simply looking the goods because he is playing in a side with more talent than what Richmond have had in the past 10 years, its easy for Fiora to look decent when he doesnt have to be held accountable and there isnt as much expectation to perform when he has 21 players matched up ahead of him.

Fiora reminds me alot like Des Headland, a superstar under a champion Lions outfit but whats he done at Fremantle since? bugger all.

That sums Fiora up IMO.

If he was still a tiger he would be still poo.
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Ox

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 12:35:36 PM »
Yeah right.

He still the same as when he was with us.

He'll never get to the level we expected of him so just let it go.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2005, 02:40:06 PM »
Nathan Burke on SEN said Fiora's put on 6kg (76->82). KB put to Burke how Fiora could be at Richmond for 4-5 years and not put weight on yet put on 6kg in one pre-season. Burke said Fiora didn't eat much so that was hindering him from adding muscle in the gym. The Saints had to increase his protein levels in his diet so when he did weights he would build extra muscle. Makes you wonder whether it was just Fiora getting off his backside to fit into a new club as his favourite past-time at Richmond was sleeping  ??? or whether our dietician(s) and conditioning staff are to blame on top of our former coaching staff.   

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 03:17:52 PM »
Nathan Burke on SEN said Fiora's put on 6kg (76->82). KB put to Burke how Fiora could be at Richmond for 4-5 years and not put weight on yet put on 6kg in one pre-season. Burke said Fiora didn't eat much so that was hindering him from adding muscle in the gym. The Saints had to increase his protein levels in his diet so when he did weights he would build extra muscle. Makes you wonder whether it was just Fiora getting off his backside to fit into a new club as his favourite past-time at Richmond was sleeping  ??? or whether our dietician(s) and conditioning staff are to blame on top of our former coaching staff.   

I think it's a bit of bith and probably more the latter.  it amazed me how a professional footballer couldn't gain muscle mass.  Speak to any dietician or gym junky and they'll tell you that diet namely protein and carb intake is very important and probably more important than lifting weights.  If Fiora was sleeping all the time and was merely having 2 small meals a day then he can lift all the weights in the world and it would not have made a difference.  If anything he would have lost weight.  It amazed me how the coaching staff could allow Fiora to sleep till noon every day.  Watching him the other day it was obvious that he has gained some weight, especially around the arms and now has some serious biceps.  It was situation of complete ignorance and negligence on behalf of our fitness and conditioning staff I'm afraid to say.  Let's hope it doesn't continue.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2005, 03:27:29 PM »
It was situation of complete ignorance and negligence on behalf of our fitness and conditioning staff I'm afraid to say.  Let's hope it doesn't continue.

Do we still have the same conditioning staff and dietician? I think one of the conditioning staff left last year from memory. Terry obviously laid down the law to them prior to pre-season when he lifted the number of skill training sessions from just 3 up to 11.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2005, 04:13:59 PM »
Fiora's diet and work out program at Richmond:

Breakfast   - Bowl of muesli w/ skim milk
Morning     - Swiss ball flexibility exercises
Lunch         - Twin pack of nori rolls - smoked salmon.
Afternoon   - Pilates and Tae-bo
Dinner        - Pumpkin soup
9P.M - 3A.M - Halo on the Xbox

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2005, 04:14:55 PM »
I was at a dinner last year and Fiora was sitting at the table near me.

On the menu that evening was steak which he certainly ate (was asking for 2nds IIRC ;D) - perhaps it had something to do with what he was eating rather than how much he was eating.

I used to work with a bloke who had steak and vegetables everyday for lunch and usually the same or pasta for dinner. He lifted weights ever morning and every night. He bulked up considerably - he said it was all about protien - no fat just muscle
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2005, 04:38:58 PM »
Fiora's diet and work out program at Richmond:

Breakfast   - Bowl of muesli w/ skim milk
Morning     - Swiss ball flexibility exercises
Lunch         - Twin pack of nori rolls - smoked salmon.
Afternoon   - Pilates and Tae-bo
Dinner        - Pumpkin soup
9P.M - 3A.M - Halo on the Xbox

LMAO Jacob.

Don't forget his afternoon snack of a vegemite sandwhich and a pack of twisties.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2005, 04:42:03 PM »
Its about eating protein, but also enough carbs and fats, and the right kinds of carbs and fats.

So roughly, if he is an elite athlete training every day, he should be eating about 3200-3500 calories a day (for an average male, I think the RDI is about 2700 calories). This should translate to about 200-250g protein, 75-85g fat and 320-350g carbs, I think.  He should try and keep the fats most mono and polyunsaturated. Since your body can only usefully process around 40g protein at a time, it is obvious that he should be eating at the very least 4 times a day with supplements. Getting enough rest is also important.

I got all this info from listening to a bodybuilding friend for a few hours, so I would assume that even a poor professional would know 1000 times more than me. Makes me then think that our F&C staff were either poor at communicating good practice to players, poor at/too lasy to individualise programs, soft on discipline, or that Fiora was soft on self-discipline.

froars

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2005, 04:53:52 PM »
I'd kill to be able to eat 3200-3500 cals a day.  I'd on a good day wouldn't even have 1500 and still put on weight lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2005, 06:26:03 PM »
So roughly, if he is an elite athlete training every day, he should be eating about 3200-3500 calories a day (for an average male, I think the RDI is about 2700 calories). This should translate to about 200-250g protein, 75-85g fat and 320-350g carbs, I think. 

In his 4-5 years at Richmond I can't imagine Fiora ever tucking into 9 weet bix for breakfast  :o.