Author Topic: Richmond interested in hiring Dean Bailey as senior assistant to Hardwick [merged]  (Read 16927 times)

10 FLAGS

LAIDLEY is a fine match day coach. Thats indisputable.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
If we want a match day tactician to help hardwick then get Laidley.

Yes that's working out well for Port isn't it.

it aint working at Port because Laidley isn't there all week, he flies in for part of the week only and is there on match day

Stupid situation to be honesy

Eeen more so when they have got many $$$$$ and they are flying him in & out .... but I suppose they look at it being cheaper than 2 full time assistants
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiger4life

• Future Richmond star
Don't lump Bailey in with Cameron. WTF has Cameron ever done? Bailey has had great success as an assistant.

i dont want anything to do with a senior coach who coached a team to a 31 goal loss. Even GC fight to the end

He was an assistant a very long time ago,

Another reject from the MFC. Ill pass

Craig or Choco

LoL that failed coach gave us a few spankings over the years.

Hellenic Tiger

We need to not give jobs to the boys or token jobs to blokes just to keep them in the system.
Find someone with some acumen. If Swann, Balme aren't available find someone who fits the bill not someone eho has the credentialls ie has worked in the system without the success.
Would take Craig over Bailey any day of the week. Neil Craig would be an appointment for the future loyal trustworthy and puts everything into his job.

Ox

Sounds like Frawley and Britain to me.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
now i feel ill.
thanks a lot ox
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Should get Chris Bond as General Manager.
http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=12496.30

In 2009, Chris was appointed GM Football Operations and oversaw major changes in the playing list as well as overseeing a new direction in coaching and player development, the introduction of a new player development academy and a remodelled recruiting structure. http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?action=post;msg=248685;topic=13722.15;sesc=26c58bacc2dd590d98e773763952683f

Neil Craig as Head of Development.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Bond recruiting record with Freo:

2008;
3      Stephen Hill
21    Hayden Ballentyne
37    Zach Clarke
53    Michael Walters
56    Benjamin Bucovas
68    Tim Ruffles
77    Chris Hall
Rookie
3     Casey Sibosado
19   Matt De Boer
34   Hamish Shepheard
48   Clancee Pearce
62   Jay Van Berlo
74   Greg Broughton

2009:
4    Anthony Morabito
20  Nat Fyfe
36  Joel Houghton
48  Jesse Crichton
49  Dylan Roberton
52  Justin Bollenhagen
Upgrade Broughton
PSD
3   Adam McPhee
Rookie
8    Michael Barlow
24  Alex Silvagni

20   Jayden Pitt
44   Viv Michie
Upgrade Barlow, DeBoer, Silvagni.
PSD
6    John Anthony
Rookie
20   Gavin Roberts
37   Nick Lower
Re-rookie Bucovaz, Ruffles

Think there is a distinct change in Freo's list management and recruiting since Chris's arrival with high-pick juniors and ready-to-play matures with the right attitude.   

tony_montana

RT that would be a couple of major coups  :pray

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Yeah and unfortunately major dollars, but a bit of forward planning may be called for with Craig in this year and Bond next.

Really think our elite performance (strength and conditioning and medical) needs urgent attention.
List management, recruiting and welfare need attention as well but can be improved with board and CEO close attention.
The overall ongoing management can be deferred depending on Cameron's performance in re-organisation next year.

Hellenic Tiger

Yeah and unfortunately major dollars, but a bit of forward planning may be called for with Craig in this year and Bond next.

Really think our elite performance (strength and conditioning and medical) needs urgent attention.
List management, recruiting and welfare need attention as well but can be improved with board and CEO close attention.
The overall ongoing management can be deferred depending on Cameron's performance in re-organisation next year.

Cameron has been very unimpressive for me RT. He'll have had five years and I think that we need to cut our links to previous admins appointments as I feel for the club Richmond want to set out to be and we want to see them become he simply does not fit the mould. I think Bond is one who has snuk under the radar because of how unfashionable Freo is here in Melbourne but maybe as a former teammate of Benny's we may make a play to lure him back to Punt Rd. :thumbsup

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Yeah Tucker, i don't know how Bond stacks up personally but it's a resume that ticks all the boxes for me.
Experienced player - Carlton, Richmond ('94 B&F) and Freo ('99 Capt)
VFL Coach - Werribee 2000-2002 (Premiers)
AFL Assistant - Bulldogs 2003-2007
GM of Football Operations - Fremantle 2007-2011 (accent on development)

A much overlooked aspect of Fremantle's operation is that their development (read Welfare) department needs to be top class with them being on the other side of the country.
With only two teams in town and young players so far from family and friends it adds that little extra responsibility for the club. 

BTW I'm intrigued by the thing about overseeing a new direction in coaching and player development.

gerkin greg

Should get Chris Bond as General Manager.

Neil Craig as Head of Development.

& Malthouse as Prez

That'd be some good gets

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame

Our record with rookie selections is embarassing
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
Bailey turns to Richmond
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2011, 12:14:21 PM »
http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/09/30/bailey-turns-to-richmond/

By Kim Hagdorn
30 September 2011 11:41AM EST

Bailey will reunite with the Tigers head coach who was a player at Port Adelaide when Bailey was an assistant to Mark Williams in Power’s historic first ever premiership in 2004.

He was also into his formative AFL coaching days as a development coach in 2000 when Hardwick was an integral member of Essendon's powerhouse premiership outfit under the great Kevin Sheedy.

Bailey’s Tigers appointment appears imminent.

Ironically, Bailey's new appointment will only need the former Demons boss to cross the road on the edge of the MCG from Melbourne's plush new headquarters at AAMI Park and into Richmond's refurbished facilities at home ground Punt Road.

Bailey was dumped as Melbourne head coach after a 186-point thumping from grand finalists Geelong at Skilled Stadium in Round 19.

He is expected to head to the Tigers as senior assistant to Hardwick.

Bailey, 44, has a wealth of coaching experience after stints under Williams, as well as Sheedy and also worked alongside Hawthorn premiership coach Alastair Clarkson at Port.

Bailey was at Port when Clarkson was originally appointed to take over Hawthorn during the 2004 finals series.