Author Topic: Richmond interested in hiring Dean Bailey as senior assistant to Hardwick [merged]  (Read 16899 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Did Caro just say Bailey could end up at Richmond as one of his options open to him?

She mentioned Port and GWS as Bailey has connections at both those clubs and in the middle chucked our name in there.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Did Caro just say Bailey could end up at Richmond as one of his options open to him?

She mentioned Port and GWS as Bailey has connections at both those clubs and in the middle chucked our name in there.

Sure to be incorrect then. :lol

Lyon is a marshmallow.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
... But the Power could face stiff competition for the suddenly-available Bailey with Richmond considering hiring the sacked coach as a senior assistant to Damien Hardwick.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/any-port-in-a-storm-20110801-1i87o.html#ixzz1TqE0DZCM

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
That is just insane.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Lets go for it, we should get him, there isn't much more out there as senior assistants...
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Jackstar is back again

Oh Dear, the RFC will explode if this happens

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Neil Craig miles in front of Bailey . . . Bailey can not coach, was used to tank and nothing more.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Neil Craig miles in front of Bailey . . . Bailey can not coach, was used to tank and nothing more.
Well that would be cutting off your nose to spite your face! Why do this when you have the young talent they do on their list? Scully? Gone! Watts? Not progressing at the rate they thought! Sorry but i can not see why they would put a coach in purely to tank when the development of your list is at stake!

tony_montana

Bailey was a very very good assistant coach. Wouldnt be a bad move as it increases our footy department brains trust.

Craig is one of those big fish that is just a pipe dream for the RFC, no chance of landing him.

gerkin greg

Bailey was a very very good assistant coach. Wouldnt be a bad move as it increases our footy department brains trust.

Craig is one of those big fish that is just a pipe dream for the RFC, no chance of landing him.

Yes, he was good at Port as senior assistant when they won the flag and were minor premiers a few years running.
Was also a development coach at the Bombers when they won the flag in 2000.
Knows Hardwick well from both those positions.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame

Yes, he was good at Port as senior assistant when they won the flag and were minor premiers a few years running.
Was also a development coach at the Bombers when they won the flag in 2000.
Knows Hardwick well from both those positions.

This I like  :thumbsup
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond

I didn't take it that way; I just took it mean that we maybe one of the clubs looking at a more senior assistant, she then mentioned Craig and ended it with saying Craig to perhaps Bris
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Why would we want the deadwood from another club again?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Because he's been a effing good assistant elsewhere and has played a role in premierships? Does it honestly matter that he got the ass as coach of Melbourne? As GT said last night, they will get another coach in and then they'll sack him in 5 years too.

Bailey would be handy

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Yep sounds good to me. :banghead :banghead :banghead

Pies last year made a play for the best assistant coach in the West, Waters and they got their man.

we go after Bailey and Cameron.

Why is it they we dont go after the best. We couldve made a play for Balme a few years back yet we go after Cameron who did wonders for Melbourne.

We are not a charity case for the unemployed. The only exception to this is Craig or Choco

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.