Author Topic: Tigers aim for big AFL 'mini season (Ninemsn)  (Read 2510 times)

10 FLAGS

Re: Tigers aim for big AFL 'mini season (Ninemsn)
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2011, 10:40:48 AM »
whats of interest that hardwick hasnt changed much at the club

Is it too late to sign Sheedy?

:thumbsup

hate to tell you all this, but the successful coaches have run the club they way they want( footy wise ) and make an ""imprint"" on the club, they change the CULTURE or create a culture, RFC have a succesful culture of SPIN !!!!!

I will wait until the end of the season. If Hardwick doesnt make the changes required then Ill probably be supportive of your arguments. Need to see him get rid of the crap at the club. Need to see him avoid going for recycled players of little or no quality and need to see him go younger again with the list rather than try and bandaid his way out of a problem. He still has time to take the right track IMHO.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2011, 10:44:54 AM »
:lol
it's a nothing article, with very little substance in the actual quotes from Daly.

The "mini season' crap is the reporters spin, not the clubs, but hey, lets not let that stop the boots being sunk in.

There are no outlandish statements from the club in this article at all
In all fairness al its not reporter spin. Ive heard Jack Reiwoldt and Deledio mention on the radio over the last few weeks more or less what was said in this article.

Lids said it on the footy show as such

As such? exactly what did he say? I must have missed that part.
The "Mini Season" is nothing more than a media beat up I can't believe people are getting so hysterical about it. where is this actual "quote" from a Richmond player or official?? There's not because there ain't one because once again it's just another media beat up that has sucked you guy's in once again :wallywink  :banghead :banghead  even if we win the next three games our ladder position is very unlikely to change anyway! I really don't get half the so called supporters on hear, you jump up and down that we are loosing and call for the coach to be sacked then you start jumping up and down when we look like winning and call for the coach to be sacked ??? ??? FFS some people really need to get a grip. I really hope we not only win the next 3 games but we come out and absolutely Flog Melbourne, Adelaide and Nort :birthday :birthday

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2011, 11:36:34 AM »
that may be the case tony, but most of the whines in this thread are in relation to the article to itself.

there is really nothing in the article that comes from the club that warrants the negative responses. it's just another piece of late season fluff, really and I'm pretty sure all clubs are under an obligation to provide a certain amount of interviews to the media so these sort of things are really unavoidable

Your are probably right about Daly's comments but Hardwick has definately referred to it when comparing us to Hawthorn of 2006. As for saying it is unavoidable to say "these sort of things" well it is avoidable. You won't get Malthouse drawn on winning the flag this year so why would anyone at the club be drawn on "mini seasons"?

It just seems a bit unnecessary.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.