Author Topic: Tigers aim for big AFL 'mini season (Ninemsn)  (Read 2516 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers aim for big AFL 'mini season (Ninemsn)
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 08:05:23 AM »
I have no problem with what they are trying to do, I have a massive issue with making it public as a "mini season".
Why do that? Just do for a change Richmond.

The one I hated the most was when Dimma said "That is not us" after the Carlton game. Excuse me, it is us and it has become you since becoming coach.

The Eagles are an example of how to conduct yourselves on and off field - they just delivered with making continuos unfulfilled promises.

STFU, deliver on field, get credibility back and keep doing it without "saying what you are gunna do".

Getting pick 10 or 12 or 14 won't make a huge difference as compared to a couple of good wins at the end of the season.
Win a couple this year, close up shop and play 22 competitive games with 12 wins next year - then we'll listen Dimma.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 08:07:03 AM »
I have no problem with what they are trying to do, I have a massive issue with making it public as a "mini season".

The one I hated the most was when Dimma said "That is not us" after the Carlton game. Excuse me, it is us and it has become you since becoming coach.

The Eagles are an example of how to conduct yourselves on and off field - they just delivered with making continuos unfulfilled promises.

STFU, deliver on field, get credibility back and keep doing it without "saying what you are gunna do".

Getting pick 10 or 12 or 14 won't make a huge difference as compared to a couple of good wins at the end of the season.
Win a couple this year, close up shop and play 22 competitive games with 12 wins next year - then we'll listen Dimma.

100 point loss to carlton is nowhere near us

Tigermonk

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 08:37:20 AM »
Richmond should media ban itself. So many stupid comments come out of the place.  :chuck :chuck

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 08:54:14 AM »
Richmond should media ban itself.

:lol

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2011, 09:10:31 AM »

Fantastic post  :thumbsup :gotigers

tony_montana

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2011, 09:15:41 AM »
I was thinking about this - does any other side make these statements? I honestly cant recall any sides publicly announcing these types of comments. Its pretty funny and obvious what they are doing (this is all about our 2012 membership campaign). Its a cycle. They do this and we get a pretty good membership return next year - if we stuff up monumentally again next season, there is a get out of jail clause -  sack Dimma bring in a new messiah, sell the new msg and get big membership numbers again. Ive accused this club of being very stupid on numerous occassions but when it comes to self preservation and pushing the propaganda barrow we give the AFL a run for their money. If only the powerprokers at the club used their powers for good instead of evil  :lol

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2011, 09:18:58 AM »
whats of interest that hardwick hasnt changed much at the club

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2011, 09:22:25 AM »

Is it too late to sign Sheedy?

:thumbsup

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2011, 09:26:27 AM »
it's a nothing article, with very little substance in the actual quotes from Daly.

The "mini season' crap is the reporters spin, not the clubs, but hey, lets not let that stop the boots being sunk in.

There are no outlandish statements from the club in this article at all
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2011, 09:27:44 AM »

Is it too late to sign Sheedy?

:thumbsup

hate to tell you all this, but the successful coaches have run the club they way they want( footy wise ) and make an ""imprint"" on the club, they change the CULTURE or create a culture, RFC have a succesful culture of SPIN !!!!!

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2011, 09:29:26 AM »
...and how long were you a part of this culture Jacko?

tony_montana

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2011, 09:35:58 AM »
it's a nothing article, with very little substance in the actual quotes from Daly.

The "mini season' crap is the reporters spin, not the clubs, but hey, lets not let that stop the boots being sunk in.

In all fairness al its not reporter spin. Ive heard Jack Reiwoldt and Deledio mention on the radio over the last few weeks more or less what was said in this article.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2011, 09:56:49 AM »
that may be the case tony, but most of the whines in this thread are in relation to the article to itself.

there is really nothing in the article that comes from the club that warrants the negative responses. it's just another piece of late season fluff, really and I'm pretty sure all clubs are under an obligation to provide a certain amount of interviews to the media so these sort of things are really unavoidable

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2011, 10:00:36 AM »
So what are we whining about, that they intend to win games or that they don't intend to tank for a better pick .. Im confused.. It wouldn't matter what was said there would be a fault with it.
Lots of people name their swords......

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2011, 10:04:03 AM »

In all fairness al its not reporter spin. Ive heard Jack Reiwoldt and Deledio mention on the radio over the last few weeks more or less what was said in this article.

Lids said it on the footy show as such