Author Topic: RFC Fan Forum Night - Sept 1  (Read 17277 times)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: RFC Fan Forum Night - Sept 1
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2011, 10:29:29 PM »
Just got home. Nice to meet Tucky and TM in person as well as some old faces  :thumbsup.

Rule #1: Don't ask questions about why we didn't tank  :rollin.

You sure didnt hold back with that one haha

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2011, 10:43:37 PM »
* Another thing Craig said is we are dropping Leading Teams as the peer reviewing process is difficult with a young group as they don't know much about leadership yet to get much out it. We plan to come up with our own leadership process that's more suited to where our young group is now and then may return to Leading Teams in the future when we have a more mature group.

* As for roles within the footy department - Cameron is the general manager of football so his role is to manage all the various arms of the footy dept - coaches, recruiting, list management, rehab, strength and conditioning. I think they were the 5 areas. The rehab and strength and conditioning areas have been split between two people and Matt Hornsby oversees both areas. The list management committee is made up of Cameron, Jackson, Hartley, Hardwick, Gale and Stahl (to keep an eye on finances). Dimma has a fair bit of input in trades but very little in draft selections. Cameron said they are organising the finances for the next year at the moment.

* We will be getting a seasoned coach to assist Dimma next year. No names mentioned though.

* As far as our  international scholarships it's a wait and see if this approach works. Basically it's sponsored so it costs the club nothing (otherwise we wouldn't be doing it). With how is footy played changing rapidly, can someone who hasn't grown up on footy understand and make the right decision to pick his way through the forward press for example.

* This draft is weaker than last and next year's. He didn't want to speak for the recruiters but he expects we will be looking at the state leagues.

* We have to make a decision on our compo pick over the offseason when we are going to use it. We plan to use it in a strong draft which 2012 will be but we want to hear back from our recruiters about the strength of 2013 based on how they viewed U16 level this and last year.

* Craig mentioned the U17 players and GWS. We can't be sure what GWS will do yet in terms of how many kids they will offer in the U17 mini-draft or if they will want to keep hold of which kids.

* We film every training session and first and second year players get all their training recorded and analysed with a view to self-analysis and development. We also use it the vision when reviewing each player's year. For example we can compare how a player is performing now and go back a see from preseason training vision earlier in the year how they performed then and whether they have improved - skills, understanding of the gameplan and structures, etc ...
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2011, 10:48:12 PM »
Interesting reports, thanks guys :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2011, 11:01:19 PM »
MT was pretty tenacious with the tanking question, before I knew it was MT i told him i loved his question  :lol would love to know what  you guys said 1 on 1 afterwards.

Just got home. Nice to meet Tucky and TM in person as well as some old faces  :thumbsup.

Rule #1: Don't ask questions about why we didn't tank  :rollin.

You sure didnt hold back with that one haha
Cheers guys   ;D

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2011, 11:28:44 PM »
Thanks a lot for the info MT appreciated. :clapping

That was a good question by the way bj  :thumbsup. Craig answered by saying the Saints and Dogs had a couple of good drafts which got them to the finals but he's seen at other clubs the mentality that near enough was pretty good and they didn't have the resources to make the tough decisions necessary and kept hold onto these players for too long. When these play fell off the cliff then the club went with it.

A couple of good drafts...
Refers back to tanking question. If the draft doesn't bat deep this year, why aren't we looking to get the highest pick we can?

gerkin greg

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2011, 12:47:55 AM »
great reports, if you know what i mean  ;) ;) ;)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2011, 03:52:12 AM »
Thaanks guys for the report.Any mention of Troy Taylor what's going on??.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2011, 05:03:09 AM »
Thanks a lot for the info MT appreciated. :clapping

That was a good question by the way bj  :thumbsup. Craig answered by saying the Saints and Dogs had a couple of good drafts which got them to the finals but he's seen at other clubs the mentality that near enough was pretty good and they didn't have the resources to make the tough decisions necessary and kept hold onto these players for too long. When these play fell off the cliff then the club went with it.

A couple of good drafts...
Refers back to tanking question. If the draft doesn't bat deep this year, why aren't we looking to get the highest pick we can?
Yep the Saints and Dogs benefitted from priority picks. Riewoldt, Ball, Cooney and Griffen were PPs.

Craig's view was the transformation period is over and it's time for the Club to now start winning and build momentum through winning. My view is that's all well and good but accessing more of the high end draft talent and adding it to the side will result in winning and more importantly eventually winning over the top sides. Beating crap sides like North in round 24 when there's nothing on the line except pride is nothing to hang your hat on when we've been uncompetitive witches hats against the top sides.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2011, 05:10:19 AM »
Nope. I was walking back to the station afterwards when I wished I had asked about Taylor. There was so much info presented on the night that I completely forgot about it and no one else asked about Troy either. 

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2011, 07:05:15 AM »
Amazing how people think Craig Cameron is the new messiah ..lol.someone should of asked him some really hard questions.eg.why sign Luke McGaune on a 3 year contract at 450k a year. And why sign Jake King on a 2 year deal?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2011, 07:05:26 AM »
Nope. I was walking back to the station afterwards when I wished I had asked about Taylor. There was so much info presented on the night that I completely forgot about it and no one else asked about Troy either.

I don'think there was any need to ask..seeing he hasn't come back and alot of people have spent considerable time talking to him, mentoring him  ..... time to move on that is either move him on (trade) or de-list

Troy's loss not ours
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2011, 07:06:42 AM »
Amazing how people think Craig Cameron is the new messiah ..lol.someone should I asked him some really hard questions.eg.why sign Luke McGaune on a 3 year contract at 450k a year. And why sign Jake King on a 2 year deal?

Sorry Jack but this another one of your "cheap shots from the cheap seats"

You had the opportunity to go & ask the "hard questions" but you chose not too

You can't have it both ways

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2011, 07:12:00 AM »
Already asked them that question 2 months ago and got some dribble response about not losing him to Gold Coast Suns at the time .please spare me supporters forums

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2011, 07:13:13 AM »
Already asked them that question 2 months ago and got some dribble response about not losing him to Gold Coast Suns at the time .please spare me supporters forums

Then spare us your "someone should have asked some really hard questions"

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2011, 07:17:53 AM »
Went to a supporters forum when the late Alan Jeans was coach and got thrown out by Brian Waldron for asking some too hard to answer questions.one related to Ty Elser drinking cans of beer after the reserves game while the seniors played.lol I question was this the right winning culture ? Brian politely said.please leave.lol