Author Topic: Kouta: Richardson best of best  (Read 2620 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Kouta: Richardson best of best
« on: May 25, 2004, 02:03:34 AM »
25 May 2004   
Herald Sun
Emily Power

CARLTON captain Anthony Koutoufides says Matthew Richardson is the best player in the competition.

Koutoufides said the star Tiger, who was held to one goal against Port Adelaide on Saturday night after kicking a career-best 10 goals against the Western Bulldogs, always challenged him.

"I played on him twice at full-back, he was at full-forward, and I think the guy has certainly got a lot of talent," Koutoufides told Mike Sheahan on Fox Footy's Open Mike.

"He's been very unlucky with the amount of injuries he's had, but certainly every second of the game that I've played on him I was fearing him.

"He had great endurance and great speed and he's so big and strong, I just couldn't keep up with him. No matter where he was, I always thought, 'oh no, here we go, he's going to get the ball'.

"I still believe Matthew is a very important part in that team, and I reckon when he's not out there they're not going to win as many games. They certainly need him out there firing and, on his day he's probably the best footballer going around.

"I think the things that he does, he is the best footballer around when he's up and going and at his best."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,9655278%255E20322,00.html
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Kouta: Richardson best of best
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 07:35:43 AM »
I could have told him that. ;)