Author Topic: Tigers to Get $7.95mil Under New AFL Funding Scheme  (Read 17332 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Tigers to Get $7.95mil Under New AFL Funding Scheme
« on: September 26, 2011, 06:02:58 PM »
Tigers welcome AFL support
richmondfc.com.au
 4:47 PM Mon 26 Sep, 2011

Richmond CEO Brendon Gale today welcomed an AFL announcement outlining its club investment strategy for the next five years.

The AFL announced it will inject $7.95 million into the Tigers over the next five years (2012 - 2016) as part of its strategic investment to ensure strong, viable clubs and the health of the competition.

The $7.95 million investment comprises a $3.25 million component - an amount provided to each AFL club as a base figure - and a further $4.7 million discretionary investment to assist Richmond in meeting its strategic targets. 

“This is a very significant contribution towards the future of the Richmond Football Club and we congratulate the AFL on the investment they have made in the long-term health of the competition,” Gale said.

“The Club will continue to drive its Fighting Tiger Fund and the successful achievement of FTF targets, combined with the AFL investment announced today, gives us a wonderful opportunity to not only compete, but succeed, on and off the field.

Full Article:
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/124163/default.aspx
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Tigers to Get $7.95mil Under New AFL Funding Scheme
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 06:06:15 PM »
From the AFL Site:

Struggling clubs hit jackpot
By Luke Holmesby
 5:30 PM Mon 26 Sep, 2011

PERENNIAL financial strugglers North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs are the big winners in the AFL's latest club funding and equalisation strategy.

The Bulldogs and the Kangaroos have each been allocated $10.2 million under the AFL's $144 million club future fund strategy.

The future fund forms part of a $1.1 billion package delivered to the 18 AFL clubs in 2012-16 - an increase of $320 million on 2007-11 - and will see money invested in the specific needs of each club. These include facilities, debt reduction, football departments, membership, sponsorship, fan development and digital media.

Melbourne has received the next highest amount with $9.1 million, while St Kilda follows closely behind with $8.9 million.

The AFL's expansion clubs Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney will receive just $3.25 million as they have been entirely funded by the league so far.

Geelong, Hawthorn and Adelaide will also receive the basic $3.25 million package.

AFL officials met with club representatives in Melbourne on Monday after an 18-month consultation process.

Chairman of the AFL Commission Mike Fitzpatrick said the strategy would ensure the league had 18 viable clubs in five years time.

"The clubs needed certainty for planning purposes and today we gave them that certainty by unveiling the package that will go to clubs over the next five years to ensure we also leave a legacy of having 18 sustainable and viable clubs at the end of the next five-year broadcasting period," Fitzpatrick said.

Under the new agreement, the AFL will approve all key appointments at clubs and will hold the ability to conduct a detailed review of procedures if required.

AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou described the process of consultation with the clubs for the distribution as the most comprehensive the AFL had ever undertaken.

And he warned that clubs having to pay coaches out after breaking their contracts would risk affecting their package.

"Clubs will have to think twice about that if they're receiving club funding out of the club future fund," Demetriou said.

"As long as they operate within their means it shouldn't be an issue. But they do know that if there is any material shift to what has been signed on as the plan there will be consequences."

The announcement just two weeks after the AFL Players' Association rejected a $1.144 billion offer from the AFL to be spread over five years.

The AFLPA instead pushed for a three-year deal.

Demetriou said the negotiations with the AFLPA would affect the settled distribution as the league would not offer any more than the $1.144 put on the table.

"There won't be any more money going to the players. We've said that."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/124148/default.aspx

For full details of how much each club gets see: http://mm.afl.com.au/portals/0/2011/finals/club_funding_presentation_260911.pdf

Page 14 to be precise  ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 06:16:07 PM »
Total distribution by Club for 2012-2016 amounts in Millions

Bulldogs $10.25 mil
N0rt $10.25
Melb $9.15
Saints $8.95
Rich $7.95
Port $7.25
Lions $7.25
Swans $7.25
Ess $4.75
Freo $4.25 
WCE $4.25
Carl  $4.25
C’wood $4.25  :o (why :-\)
Adel $3.25
Hawth $3.25
Geelong $3.25
GC $3.25
GWS $3.25

All clubs get a minimum of $3.25mil

**Freo now added in I forget them  ;D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 07:29:32 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 06:33:50 PM »
Yes exactly why??
They will most likely win the prem this year... imo its already 60/40 if not more in their favour to win
They will have 85k + members next year
Their merchandise sales alone would overshadow what half the poor clubs are worth??
They will only travel interstate 3 times next year?  ::)

anyway  :whistle
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 07:02:44 PM »

Under the new agreement, the AFL will approve all key appointments at clubs and will hold the ability to conduct a detailed review of procedures if required.

AFL CEO Andrew Demetriou described the process of consultation with the clubs for the distribution as the most comprehensive the AFL had ever undertaken.

And he warned that clubs having to pay coaches out after breaking their contracts would risk affecting their package.

"Clubs will have to think twice about that if they're receiving club funding out of the club future fund," Demetriou said.

"As long as they operate within their means it shouldn't be an issue. But they do know that if there is any material shift to what has been signed on as the plan there will be consequences."

Be interesting to see if that comes to fruition when a club sacks a contracted coach.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 07:04:03 PM »
Total distribution by Club for 2012-2016 amounts in Millions

Bulldogs $10.25 mil
N0rt $10.25
Melb $9.15
Saints $8.95
Rich $7.95
Port $7.25
Lions $7.25
Swans $7.25
Ess $4.75   
WCE $4.25
Carl  $4.25
C’wood $4.25  :o (why :-\)
Adel $3.25
Hawth $3.25
Geelong $3.25
GC $3.25
GWS $3.25

All clubs get a minimum of $3.25mil

Freo? do they just get 3.25mill?

tony_montana

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 07:05:13 PM »
Just bizare that collingwood and wce the clubs withe nost complete footy departments in the afl are getting 4.25 and 3.25mill respectively - bizarre and ridiculous waste of money

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 07:31:06 PM »
Freo? do they just get 3.25mill?

Oops forgot about them they are getting $4.25 mil

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 07:32:40 PM »
Just bizare that collingwood and wce the clubs withe nost complete footy departments in the afl are getting 4.25 and 3.25mill respectively - bizarre and ridiculous waste of money

All clubs get $3.25mil minimum tony_m

Not sure why C'wood is getting another $1mil but I haven't read the entire Media presentation, so hopefully it will make some sort of sense once I read through it

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 07:53:14 PM »
 Stkilda  :-[ ? I was hoping they would rot

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 07:57:19 PM »

Yer how the eff do they get more than us? They've played 3 grand finals and sustained finals. We should be closer to the top. lol

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 08:02:14 PM »

Yer how the eff do they get more than us? They've played 3 grand finals and sustained finals. We should be closer to the top. lol

I'm with ya.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 09:11:11 PM »
We are big winners from that IMHO. I also think its good that every club got an allocation because then youd get people like McGuire coming out saying how all other clubs got money except his, now even they get some so they all have to shut up but all up - The Tigers have done really well with the payout.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 02:22:55 AM »
we would have to throw that money on our debt right??? can wipe that all out!!!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 03:35:08 AM »
We are big winners from that IMHO. I also think its good that every club got an allocation because then youd get people like McGuire coming out saying how all other clubs got money except his, now even they get some so they all have to shut up but all up - The Tigers have done really well with the payout.
Eddie, Jeff and the so-called "rich" clubs are already whinging ...

Rich clubs kick up stink over funding
Caroline Wilson
September 27, 2011

OUTGOING Hawthorn president Jeff Kennett and his Collingwood counterpart Eddie McGuire have strongly criticised the AFL for failing to prioritise its clubs in dividing the $1.15 billion in broadcast funds over the next five years.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/rich-clubs-kick-up-stink-over-funding-20110926-1ktlh.html#ixzz1Z55RXUGs