Author Topic: Club Corner  (Read 4786 times)

froars

Club Corner
« on: May 25, 2004, 06:09:23 AM »
If we have any people on late at night, could they give a rundown of club corner.  I'm all tucked up in bed by 10.30 so i miss it.  Only listened once this year and seemed to be an improvement on other years.  They had Paul Gough on and he was quite good - didn't seem to be making excuses for anyone and they had heaps of talkback AFTER A LOSS lol

Offline Struggletown

• Premiership Captain
Re: Club Corner
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 11:12:21 AM »
I heard Des Ryan and David Flood speaking.
Des Ryan not too impressive,dodged any flak as Tony Greenburg would step in and mount the defence of the club.
Flood on the other hand was again good to listen to.
He made no excuses and reckons Essendons strenghth is their depth and impressive youngsters.
He admitted Coburg played too many half fit players(Kellaway,Rodgers to name 2) and was disappointed.
Praised Pettifer and Blumfield and believes they will be promoted soon.

Not much exciting to add, they blamed slow movement into the forward line for our flogging in Adelaide.Made excuses for playing Hilton on Cornes when clearly he was being flogged(ie tough job on a guy in career best form)
I turned it off as it was the same old angry callers getting the same 'old not good enough but theres next week just stick with us crap.'

One highlight was a Smacka Fitzgibbon big band rendition of 'Tigerland'....absolutely brilliant version.
Id buy it if the club made a CD release of it!!
Drink,Drugs and Shagging models.
The rest l just wasted.
  George Best on where his millions went

froars

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 11:42:13 AM »
Thanks BoogieWoogie.

Praised Pettifer and Blumfield and believes they will be promoted soon.

What about Zantuck who, i think, kicked 5 goals on the weekend?

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 01:54:04 PM »
I heard Des Ryan and David Flood speaking.
Des Ryan not too impressive,dodged any flak …

I think you’re being a bit kind there BK.  I know they have to promote the Club, it’s part of their job, but why treat people like idiots?

One supporter rang in and asked about the skill of our players.  Des said he hadn’t seen the game.  At which point smoke literally began billowing out of my ears.

For those who heard it, tell me if I’m being a bit harsh here, but even if had not seen the game on the weekend, but had seen enough of the previous 10 seasons, then I reckon he would have been in a position to comment on the question asked.

He made it sound like it was a problem that must have evolved over the weekend, coz it wasn’t there when he looked last.  :-\  ::)

One highlight was a Smacka Fitzgibbon big band rendition of 'Tigerland'....absolutely brilliant version.
Id buy it if the club made a CD release of it!!

Ditto.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

froars

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 03:01:42 PM »
One of the reasons i stopped listening was that idiot Des Ryan and the way they fobbed off questions that were hard hitting as if the caller was a dill, yet gave free rein to the nuff nuffs that called in.

Seems not much has changed and not even worth taping.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 04:01:32 PM »

One supporter rang in and asked about the skill of our players.  Des said he hadn’t seen the game.  At which point smoke literally began billowing out of my ears.

For those who heard it, tell me if I’m being a bit harsh here, but even if had not seen the game on the weekend, but had seen enough of the previous 10 seasons, then I reckon he would have been in a position to comment on the question asked.

He made it sound like it was a problem that must have evolved over the weekend, coz it wasn’t there when he looked last.  :-\  ::)

Another jarring moment is when a guy called in asking "why can't we develop any skillful players? The only skilled players we get are developed at other clubs" (e.g Brown, Leon Cameron, Paul Broderick). Greenburg tried to deflect the question saying "well most players have their skill level pretty much determined before they get to the AFL". (Meaning its not Richmond's fault, that's just the way they are). Then the guy calling in asked, "well then, that must mean that we are recruiting players with no skills. You can't have it both ways fellas." Then Greenburg and the crew ummm-ed and ahhh-ed, and were basically destroyed. They came back with the comment, "well most of the guys we recruit have some other good attributes like their toughness which makes up for it". They then quickly thanked the caller and peeed him off before he could ask the next obvious question " WHO THE F*** IS A TOUGH NUT IN OUR SIDE?"

Nothing much else happened, got the usual calls from that knob-end Rod from Dromana and Billy. I tuned out when I heard Billy on, missed the last 15 minutes of the show.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 04:18:01 PM by JohnF »

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 04:18:36 PM »
LMAOO at Clubbed Corner hosted by dumb and dumber - greenburg and that kuuse (sp?) guy.

Its like listening to Nazi propoganda material in the second world war, or CNN and NBC of today.  They might as well get the former Iraqi minister of information to give them a few tips on how to at least be entertaining when spinning poo.  Haven't listened to it all year - waste of time.

LMAOO at them saying we have got players that might not be skillful but make up for it by being tough.  LMAOOOO

And how they find it convenient to waste time by always letting Rod and Billy get through while other supporters with half a brain want to get through and ask some real questions.

That show really needs to have a hard look at itself.

Its a disgrace !!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 04:21:04 PM by Harry Hedgehog »
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2004, 04:31:39 PM »
lmfaoo, yeah, its funny listening to them try and wriggle out of the blatantly obvious. 

The callers who have their heads up their lower intestine are given full reign to speak for ages, even if what they are uttering is pure garbage. (ex)Kuuse and Goebbelsburg will just say at the end of the meaningless rant, 'ahh, there you go, an optimistic tiger fan, thanks for your call'.

They were quick to say that the defeat on the weekend was shocking, but when it came to analysing it for what it was, they didn't want to have a bar of it. All they were saying was well, next week is next week, we've definitely got a chance of winning next week.

The fact that we have a "chance" means FA. We would have lost our last three matches if the teams had capitalised on their numerous chances. For us to win matches we need all the luck to go our way, and the reason why we need all the luck to go our way is BECAUSE WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

They will never admit that we are not good enough to play finals football, and will continue to delude themselves year after year trying to sneak in to the 8 under false pretenses. Richmond needs a huge overhaul. And so does this radio program.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2004, 05:56:55 PM by JohnF »

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2004, 04:45:02 PM »
LMAOO at the propoganda machine CNBC - Club No Balls Corner.

LMAOO at us getting upset at the spindoctoring from a couple of twits.

Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2004, 11:52:41 PM »
I listened to club corner (well the last half) for the first time this year. The callers questions weren't too bad tonight (apart from rod from dromana and a guy who rang up saying we needed more crumbing forwards  ??? ) but what's the point of asking good questions if the dodos at the other end can't/won't give realistic answers. It's a bit late to hold up an illusion of everything being honkey dorey  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2004, 11:56:27 PM »
Club Corner is a complete waste of time, You are better off enjoying a good night sleep .
You a right about the nuff nuffs.  ::)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2004, 11:59:58 PM »
Club Corner is a complete waste of time, You are better off enjoying a good night sleep .
You a right about the nuff nuffs.  ::)

lol I'm using it to send me to sleep  ;D  ;).

Welcome to OER jackstar btw.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2004, 10:48:50 AM »
with 2 idiots like these guys at our club the unfortunate thing is some Richmond supporters will actually believe this dribble, we havent been able to change this "hide it and hopefully the bad things will go away" mentality for 20 years and with these nuff nuffs around they dont help the cause that the club needs a complete overhaul.
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.