Author Topic: Your trade week expectations?  (Read 4282 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Your trade week expectations?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 03:09:12 PM »
To be disappointed.

I don't see why. You're all talking yourselves into being upset before anything has actually happened.  ???

And on OER we wouldn't have it any other way.

Cue Jack...........................

;D

10 FLAGS

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2011, 03:22:56 PM »
To be disappointed.

I don't see why. You're all talking yourselves into being upset before anything has actually happened.  ???

And on OER we wouldn't have it any other way.

Cue Jack...........................

;D

Where is our illustrious leader of the darkside  :lol

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2011, 03:31:50 PM »
I'll fill the void till he logs on. :lol :rollin :lol

Give up Pick 14 for Maric.
Trade Foley get Pick 5 from GWS and give that up for Tyson Goldsack.
Continue our good relations with Port in terms of trading and use our fourth rounder for Mitch Banner.

Trade Morton Nason and McGuane to GWS for Josh Fraser as back up to Maric.

All these blokes coming will be on good coin at over 300K a season and will be signed for a minimum of 3 years.

Deledio will be asked to take a pay cut due to salary cap restrictions.

Dean Bailey will then reneg on his agreement with Adelaide and come to us for 200K a season all in all while Malthouse has a change of heart and decides to join Carlton as head of football operations
which is why we are where are we and will be for another 30 years. :help

10 FLAGS

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2011, 03:35:13 PM »

Continue our good relations with Port in terms of trading and use our fourth rounder for Mitch Banner.

All these blokes coming will be on good coin at over 300K a season and will be signed for a minimum of 3 years.

Dean Bailey will then reneg on his agreement with Adelaide and come to us for 200K a season all in all while Malthouse has a change of heart and decides to join Carlton as head of football operations

Thats the spirit Tucker - great trades right there lol. Keep up the good work. Whats another 3 decades worth of misery between mates on an internet forum ;D

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 03:39:14 PM »

Thats the spirit Tucker - great trades right there lol. Keep up the good work. Whats another 3 decades worth of misery between mates on an internet forum ;D

If we are going to grow miserable and bitter because of old age we may as well have this forum to keep us spritely and youthful, reminding us of when we ruled the world. :cheers

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2011, 03:43:47 PM »
To be disappointed.

Haha i was only kidding. We should be fine. We did well last year.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2011, 05:15:56 PM »
LMAO

I love you blokes. "our illustrious leader of the darkside" :lol

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2011, 08:34:18 PM »

thats a pee-er mate
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

the claw

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2011, 11:50:23 PM »
hmm trade week. to be honest not a lot. i dont think we are in a position to participate in the mini draft.
id expect us to chase after two  players ranging from good to elite in the nd with picks 14 and 35ish.
to be honest  id rather be trading out than trading in. i think we can do something similar to last yr where we get a couple of mature types in the psd and do a player for player swap.i think we can pick up some mature players psd and late nd. with maybe a player for player swap.
unlike most i dont think when trading we have to get gun footballers just upgrades on who we delist and trade out. if we work the nd right we will get our quality there.

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2011, 07:40:24 AM »
i dont think we are in a position to participate in the mini draft.

The mini-draft thing really favours the already strong teams. The ones that have a core of desirable players and can afford to release a perceived very good player to get a young fella who by all reports will be elite. Either that or you are the GC who has more good draft picks than they know what to do with.

The teams like us, who could really do with an O'Meara or Crouch cannot get the deal done because we cannot afford to compete. For us to give up one of our very good players would just be crazy because we don't have many.

Hey. Didn't Geelong do well out of the Ablett trade. Not only were they handsomely compensated, they also won the Grand Final anyway without him. Well played boys.  :thumbsup

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2011, 09:28:10 AM »
Jackstar Syndrome. It's contagious.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2011, 09:41:35 AM »
Yes it what disturbed me the most about this whole compromised draft thing, the strong teams were the only beneficiaries apart from the new teams, those struggling got doubly shafted.  They lose out on decent picks and don't have trade currency to get into the good stuff without cutting off their own balls.
Lots of people name their swords......

gerkin greg

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2011, 10:04:22 AM »
beautifully put Owl

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2011, 10:09:59 AM »
It's all in the words Gerk.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2011, 04:01:16 PM »
i dont think we are in a position to participate in the mini draft.

The mini-draft thing really favours the already strong teams. The ones that have a core of desirable players and can afford to release a perceived very good player to get a young fella who by all reports will be elite. Either that or you are the GC who has more good draft picks than they know what to do with.

The teams like us, who could really do with an O'Meara or Crouch cannot get the deal done because we cannot afford to compete. For us to give up one of our very good players would just be crazy because we don't have many.

Hey. Didn't Geelong do well out of the Ablett trade. Not only were they handsomely compensated, they also won the Grand Final anyway without him. Well played boys.  :thumbsup

One of the best posts I've read recently. Spot on
Go Tigers!