Author Topic: Your trade week expectations?  (Read 4271 times)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Re: Your trade week expectations?
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2011, 04:14:55 PM »
I just hope we trade out Jackson.

As long as we do that I don't care if we trade Martin, Deledio, Cotchin and Riewoldt for Leon Davis.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2011, 04:49:42 PM »

As long as we do that I don't care if we trade Martin, Deledio, Cotchin and Riewoldt for Leon Davis.
So therefore by that rationale Big Cho you are saying that we should trade Jackson, Martin, Deledio, Cotchin and Riewoldt for Leon Davis?  ;D Crikey that sort of trade would probably even bring Mick back to coaching the Pies. Why don't you email the club and see if they'll let it fly. And after you've sent the email, expect not only a steaming pile of poo on your doorstep, but also a selection of forum moderators and tiger tragic's knocking on your door to present you with an involuntary commitment order.  ;D

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2011, 04:56:44 PM »
I still reckon we would come out ahead on balance.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2011, 11:05:44 PM »

Lol Neon Leon to the rescue, just gold!

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2011, 11:14:14 PM »
So what would be the dumbest possible trade we could do? 
Martin for Mark Blake?  Oooh we need another hack ruckman who cant run cant tackle cant kick.
Cotch for Luke Power maybe, talk about cigar butt recruiting.
Maybe put Old Monkhurst on the rookie list :)
What are the chances?

But seriously I hope we develop young players and hardly recruit any recycled players, we're not in top up mode.  If we do then its curtains for Hardwick, it would say to me the "No Shortcuts" slogan would be just that a slogan and nothing more.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2011, 11:36:39 PM »

Trade our compo pick and McDonald for Tambling?

:lol

:santa

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2011, 11:42:03 PM »

Trade our compo pick and McDonald for Tambling?

:lol

:santa

:O but Tambo's a super star, didn't he go top 3 in the draft!!!

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2011, 11:51:53 PM »
Martin for Mark Blake?  Oooh we need another hack ruckman who cant run cant tackle cant kick.
What are the chances?

But seriously I hope we develop young players and hardly recruit any recycled players, we're not in top up mode.  If we do then its curtains for Hardwick, it would say to me the "No Shortcuts" slogan would be just that a slogan and nothing more.

In all honesty this years Draft could be classed as a "Leap year Draft" meaning in 3 years time we won't even realize we missed it.
IMO this season creates a great opportunity to add some maturity to our list rather than youth. It is a raffle from pick 4 and beyond and seriously if we have done our home work our 3rd roun pick and beyond could easily be a better player than many first and second rond pick of other clubs! I the opportunity arises for us to secure mature (21-25yo) A to B- grade players with our first and second round picks then we should jump at it! We will have our skeptics trading first round picks but in the longer run I believe this is the year to take the punt....

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2011, 09:26:31 AM »
What are the chances?

In all honesty this years Draft could be classed as a "Leap year Draft" meaning in 3 years time we won't even realize we missed it.
IMO this season creates a great opportunity to add some maturity to our list rather than youth. It is a raffle from pick 4 and beyond and seriously if we have done our home work our 3rd roun pick and beyond could easily be a better player than many first and second rond pick of other clubs! I the opportunity arises for us to secure mature (21-25yo) A to B- grade players with our first and second round picks then we should jump at it! We will have our skeptics trading first round picks but in the longer run I believe this is the year to take the punt....

Call me a skeptic then, Reiwoldt came with a pick in the low teens, I'd rather a 1st year Reiwoldt than a 4th year middling player that another club doesn't want that much.  Geelong went the way of youth and building a list by mostly drafting not recruiting.  We have to build an excellent player development culture combined with a good drafting system.  I've never heard of a good side being made on trades except in Rugby League or Soccer where the system demands it.  The AFL draft system just doesn't allow movement of enough players so you can buy a team.  If it did Carlton would be top 2 by now.

Draft and Develop.
Draft and Develop.

Balmy said on SEN the other day about how a few players (Trent West one of them) had been in their system for years (4 for one) with hardly a game but they still rated them and they were a result of a positive outlook and a good development system.  Unfortunately during Wallaces time our recruiting was broken for the first 2 years and our development really didnt seem to work either.  Though thats hard to tell as maybe the players we recruited achieved their maximum, but various articles have said how development was underfunded too.