Author Topic: Mitch Morton to Sydney for pick 79  (Read 7245 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Mitch Morton to Sydney for pick 79
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2012, 06:49:04 PM »
Yep good on you Mitch.....seem to remember you saying something along the the same lines when you left the WCE....

"I want to play more in the centre and Richmond are going to give me that chance, I have been told with Kerr, Judd and Cousins or whoever I wont get achance"

Well Mich you were given plenty of chances at the club in a few roles mate and you couldn't deliver.....

LMAO don't think he ever said anything like that when he came here. They played him as a wingman and he's a forward, so that's where we played him. He was good for two years and pretty poo for two years.

I don't hold anything against him.

LYAO all you want, I was in WA when he was going on about why he wanted to leave the Eagles and what he was offered. Centre was included in that offer....whether he played there or not.

I couldnt care less anyway, he wasn't really any good, a few "good" games, thats it really.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2012, 06:53:52 PM »
He played midfield for WC. He played more than 'a few good games'. I know some people refuse to admit it about a player who chooses to leave but he was very handy in 08/09 + his finish to 2010 was good. Seriously, the bloke is meant to be a lazy dud yet he won our goal kicking in 2009 and averaged over two goals in a game in his first two seasons.

Can you produce some quotes please? I remember him saying he just wanted a crack at playing regular footy in the ones. West Coast were a very good side when he was there and he struggled to hold a spot. The bloke is a forward not a centreman. Stevie Wonder can see that poo

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2012, 07:07:06 PM »
I always rated his ability, dimma not being able to extract the best from him during his tenure thus far has been a dissapointment for mine, wouldnt surprise at all to see him kick 40+ up there
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2012, 07:37:53 PM »
He played midfield for WC. He played more than 'a few good games'. I know some people refuse to admit it about a player who chooses to leave but he was very handy in 08/09 + his finish to 2010 was good. Seriously, the bloke is meant to be a lazy dud yet he won our goal kicking in 2009 and averaged over two goals in a game in his first two seasons.

Can you produce some quotes please? I remember him saying he just wanted a crack at playing regular footy in the ones. West Coast were a very good side when he was there and he struggled to hold a spot. The bloke is a forward not a centreman. Stevie Wonder can see that poo

Look I had a lot of time for the guy, thought he could of or should of played better than he did more often, I know he is not a certreman, I didnt say that did I, no sorry don't have the quotes, just what I read and heard in the WA press when I was there and he was being interviewd....
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2012, 07:55:51 PM »
Expect him to again "show people what he can do" for a while then get lazy and be back on his arse again in no time looking for yet another home.
EAT EM ALIVE!

gerkin greg

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2012, 07:58:23 PM »
Expect him to finish top ten in the NEAFL goalkicking

Just

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2012, 10:02:50 PM »
Expect him to again "show people what he can do" for a while then get lazy and be back on his behind again in no time looking for yet another home.

He was really poor last year. I'll be surprised if the 3 club journeyman has much impact.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2012, 10:07:05 PM »
Puddings Morton is the Albino Relton of the footy world.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2012, 10:07:46 PM »
Mind you, if there's one club that can turn gimps into pimps it's the Swans. Good luck to Mitch. 

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2012, 05:40:56 AM »
It most likely won't be his first year up there that will be a problem (he did fairly well last night) but whether Mitch delivers for the Swannies over 2-3 seasons. Mitch did have one good year for us kicking 40 goals but he turned out to be a one-trick pony. You need versatile players in modern footy.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2012, 10:19:15 AM »
if Morton is a one trick pony then so are plenty of forwards

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2012, 10:42:05 AM »
Forwards.....Mark the Ball......Kick the Goal, sounds pretty simple to me :lol :lol

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2012, 11:12:35 AM »
if Morton is a one trick pony then so are plenty of forwards

about as much sense as youve ever made coach...creative forwards make an impact coz they're , wait for it "creative". Run a line through the steve johnsons of this world and they sure as heck wouldnt be getting a game for their tackling/defensive input. However their ability to make something from nothing is second to none and that alone warrants a spot in the starting line up. I am forever bewildered when rating forwards people by default say, Not much defensively..like that matters...Like saying Black cavier aint much good at trotting..WGAF ::)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2012, 11:17:09 AM »
Bojangleburg, did you play any footy? just wondering. ;D

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2012, 11:30:22 AM »
Bojangleburg, did you play any footy? just wondering. ;D

yeah, I was a hack, thank heavens i wasnt trying to make a living from it :lol,  lucky I was a gun salesman instead :shh