Author Topic: How would you rate our preseason?  (Read 1205 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
How would you rate our preseason?
« on: March 15, 2005, 04:54:24 AM »
From the AFL site:

Richmond Promising.

The Tigers might have lost their last 14 games in 2004 to claim the wooden spoon, but will enter 2005 with plenty of confidence under new coach Terry Wallace after three successive practice match wins since exiting the Wizard Cup in the first round. And top draft picks Brett Deledio and Richard Tambling look future stars while veteran recruits Mark Graham, Trent Knobel and Troy Simmonds have fitted in well. And to cap off their pre-season build-up, 2003 best and fairest Mark Coughlan has made a promising return from groin problems.

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=189976
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: How would you rate our preseason?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 05:18:40 AM »
As good as could possibly be expected after last year.

I got to see the poowood and bears games and there is some good signs there. From other reports things are looking rosy, I am not going to get up any unrealistic expectations but as Wallace says just looking forward to seeing a competetive side out on the ground every time I go to the footy. :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 09:14:07 AM »
Apart from losing in round 1 of the Wizz Fizz Cup - which was a game we should have won it's been very good.

We look competitive, the players seem to be following the game plan and there is just a "different feel" about following the Tigers.

I don't really know how we will go result wise but just reckon it's going to be a better year - at least I am actually looking forward to going to the footy this year. Couldn't say that for most of last year
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

froars

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 10:10:42 AM »
The pre-season's been great - we've been winning lol. 
But got to take into perspective, it's just practice matches.
The positives are Tuck, Hyde and Raines IMO - three bonuses really we didn't expect to go the way they have.  Hope they continue their development.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 03:18:29 PM »
Granted every club was trialing different things in readiness for the real stuff, there was a preseason ladder in the Hun on the weekend and we were second with from memory the best defence  :o and 3rd best attack. We should have bet the Pies as well but then again it may have been a blessing in disguise making us extra hungry over preseason. 

The positives are Tuck, Hyde and Raines IMO

Add Cogs to that list. Really surprised he's come back so well and back into the hard tough inside ballwinning role. Just like a new recruit for us :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd