Author Topic: Hardwick's contract to be extended before Round 1 (Herald-Sun)  (Read 5346 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick's contract to be extended before Round 1 (Herald-Sun)
« on: October 21, 2011, 06:05:05 AM »
Richmond's Damien Hardwick is also in that category, but will have his contract extended before Round 1.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/settled-season-likely-for-afl-coaches/story-e6frf9jf-1226172373377

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Hardwick's contract to be extended before Round 1 (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 12:06:39 PM »
And I expect an extension of Cameron's contract will be announced at the same time, with the purpose of getting everyone to focus on the high profile coach extension.

Same as with the delistings of players and development coaches, no-one looked very hard at the coaches. All attention on the players.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 10:56:49 PM »
Good job, need to extend his contract and stick to the plan...well done Tiges, well done Damien.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 10:01:21 AM »
I am in the process of clarifying the legal issues that determine when a SGM must be called.

Once that is done I will begin to collect the required number of members signatures to call a SGM with all board positions declared vacant.

More information will follow shortly............
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 11:18:49 AM »
Thanks TBR much appreciated  :cheers

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 12:59:45 PM »
Great move.

More infighting :help!

When will people learn to let the club continue it's journey without every Tom, Dick or Harry deciding it knows best. Don't waste your energy! Put your energy to much better use. The reasons we have been so poo for so many years are diverse. But instability must rank right up there.

Hardwick came in and practically has brought in a new team over the past 2 years. The new blood that has come in has begun to perform sporadically. He is improving and learning as a coach. The team is playing for him. FFS players are leaving clubs to be at Richmond because of the Hardwick factor. With limited resources and funding he has put us on the road to sustained success. As long as we continue improving albeit slowly, I'm right behind Dimma. Even if it means we have to take a step or two back to take 5 steps forward, I'm happy to support the board.
It really takes 7 to 8 years to build a premiership side (yeah I know there are always exceptions) but Dimma is trying to do that with expansion teams as well!
Give the guy the support he deserves, give him an extra 2 years extension to show the world we know the meaning of stability.
Don't go down the path of eating our own.... AGAIN!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 01:20:56 PM »
Its a myth the instability of coaches.
Spud 5 years , Wallet 5 years.
Now we are going to give a coach an extension when he still has a year to run. :banghead :banghead ::) ::)
Thats why we are where we are.
This is INSANE !
If this keeps up, I will nominate for a position on the board, wouldnt do any worse than some of the ''parasites"" there at present

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 01:28:42 PM »
Yay we are finally on the right track and people want to cause in-house fighting.  ::)

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 01:31:13 PM »
If this keeps up, I will nominate for a position on the board, wouldnt do any worse than some of the ''parasites"" there at present

rubbish. Walk the walk don't just talk. Put your hand up then you toss. Sick of you talking about stuff but not doing it. Take a risk and actually put yourself out there rather than big noting yourself and throwing poo at the people that actually have the balls to take some responsibility and give it their best. Right or wrong they're not just armchair warriors. Talks cheap.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 01:46:16 PM »

rubbish. Walk the walk don't just talk. Put your hand up then you toss. Sick of you talking about stuff but not doing it. Take a risk and actually put yourself out there rather than big noting yourself and throwing poo at the people that actually have the balls to take some responsibility and give it their best. Right or wrong they're not just armchair warriors. Talks cheap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZlWbbg-jYY

:lol
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 01:52:22 PM »
Bit worried about what that kid has on his head in this video.

Anyway. back to the topic, why would you give a guy a contract extension when he has a year to go.

I support Hawthorns approach to Clarkson.
Make them earn the contract !

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 02:11:38 PM »
Jack is right. Forgot about Clarkson people how about a guy some of you may know his names John Worsfold.

This guy was basically gawn this time last year and he has earnt his extension only given a few weeks ago.

he and the club should say to each and every player you go out there and do it for your coach.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 02:53:11 PM »
we "'hand out "" contracts at Punt Road.
Why on earth is there any valid reason to extend a contract with still a year to run is beyond belief.
Although it is the Richmond Football Club after all ::)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 03:01:31 PM »
I have nothing to back this up but my cynicism and suspicions have me thinking the whole of the Eagles' inner sanctum including their Prez was in on them tanking last year and Worsfold was never in any risk of being sacked. I think he's the only wooden spoon winning coach never to have been sacked and West Coast this year had the largest jump in number of wins from the previous season on record or least in the modern era. All very suss!

As for us, the Club obviously has total faith in Dimma as the right man for the job unlike Plough where March's comments in late-2008 put the Club in the media spotlight as in will we/won't we sack Wallace. Walace also had a 5-year contract so we couldn't afford to sack him until the final year of it.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 03:23:15 PM »
we "'hand out "" contracts at Punt Road.
Why on earth is there any valid reason to extend a contract with still a year to run is beyond belief.
Although it is the Richmond Football Club after all ::)

Agreed