Author Topic: NAB Cup 2012  (Read 25468 times)

gerkin greg

Re: NAB Cup 2012
« Reply #255 on: February 18, 2012, 12:01:49 AM »
yep, in 2 weeks

gerkin greg

« Reply #256 on: February 18, 2012, 12:36:00 AM »
46 & 47 were good

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #257 on: February 18, 2012, 02:26:35 AM »
Decent praccie match hitout.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #258 on: February 18, 2012, 02:44:59 AM »
Well done to the Richmond "B team"...Awesome effort.

Unleash the tornado

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #260 on: February 18, 2012, 07:56:15 AM »
46 & 47 were good

Webberley and maric respectively
Had good seats last night on level 2 and got to see a bit of maric on our side of boundary, he could break into our top 22 if he is hungry like that every week.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #261 on: February 18, 2012, 08:25:31 AM »
So went with the old man last night...
Some observations
Kingy played well, was hungry and showed his usually high spirit, he is great for the kids and morale in the team.
I'm suprised no one else has said this but "imo" the back line "really missed" delidio. Maybe its just me but that backline seems unsettled without him there.
Big ivan was competitive, some taps to advantage and will chase an opponent and run hard- but he is not that quick chaser which you would expect for someone his size.
Dusty is dusty and that's a good thing!
Rance had an off night, and Newy seemed a lil off too and behind his man a number of times
Mcguane should find it hard to break into the 22 as although he wasn't poor and didn't have an impact from what I saw.
Miller played his role extremely well and I hope he keeps that up so the other boys fight to keep him out of the side

In the second game, the bake worked hard early but let himslef down a few times with silly mistakes. He did work hard to be competive I thought.
Tom derikx showed some good signs, will take some time as he hasn't played really since at coburg before the broken ankle.
Thought brandon ellis was good and lil maric could be a good pickup. That final minute with him running to the ball with 3 players behind was bloody great.

There's plenty more but the baby/kids have kept me up all night so I apologise my comments are vague right now.

Btw that jackson goal was great and some passages were ok but I'm not sold on him..
Tucky!! Bring him back, he wins the ball 9/10 times and thought was a match winner last night, he stood up when the kids needed a leader.
Foley showed class as well
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #262 on: February 18, 2012, 08:38:57 AM »
A night of mainly positives. A very happy Tiger crowd left Etihad for the trains. Pretty much agree with you EEA on individuals so I'll add my thoughts on how we played as a team.

First game:
I thought we had the clear better of North in general play especially through the midfield and out of the centre. Big Ivan made a difference giving our mids first use of the ball more often than not. We appeared to apply a hard high defensive press moreso than in the Hawthorn game which worked well initially with Dusty's intercept but we allowed North to get out over the back far too many times too easily which gifted their Edwards easy goals. Something for Dimma to work on and tidy up before round 1. Adams going down and the game being delayed stalled our initial momentum after kicking the first two goals. This and the dodgy ump decisions (see other thread) allowed North to get back into the game. Still in the end we had more scoring shots (if only Miller kicked straight) so I'll still stay we were a better side than North on the night despite the 3 point loss on the scoreboard.

Second game:
After watching the Hawks demolish North and seeing us put our 'B'-side on the park I was thinking :help. We started very shakely in the first 10 minutes as if Hawthorn's reputation mentally got to us. Too many short passes in defence to hot teammates which kept the play in Hawthorn's half (thankfully they missed a few shots). Eventually we got our game going and matched them physically in the contested footy which was a big plus with so many young inexperienced cubs out there in the last game. Elton getting cleaned up and taken off then coming back on a few minutes later to give the handball to Whitey for the winner was courageous stuff. Great for all their confidence to get over the line in the end.

Putting the best from both games together along with Lids returning will give us a fairly competitive side this year (barring injuries). We're still not near the top sides (Hawthorn's best is still way better than ours) but hopefully last night was a sign the gap is being bridged and we can push them for the majority of a game. The newbies in both Marics and Morris will be handy additions if they play like that most weeks in the real stuff (Preseason form can be deceptive and disappear in the H/A matches - see Adam Houlihan  :P ). Still a long way to go but as Dimma said you can see a few more baby steps have been made over summer and you can see the makings of a good side in the next couple of years as the list matures.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #263 on: February 18, 2012, 10:11:51 AM »
Overall thought our hitouts were great.
Should have beaten both teams. Umpire 32 was fantastic in the Naught game. Gifted them at least four goals. Application dedication and competitiveness was there.
Same with the Hawthorn game. I thought Postie was great against Hawthorn and what I liked was we kicked goals with little impact from Jack. Forward line looked good.
Overall all teams would be happy. They won a game and everyone went home a winner with positives.
Other than our win my other highlight was the attendance was 28228 when Hawthorn were playing Nought and the attendance was 26900 when we were playing Hawthorn. :lol :rollin :lol
Nought can say they played in front of their second biggest crowd of the season barring their home game against Collingwood. What does 100 million dollars buy you these days. :help

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #264 on: February 18, 2012, 10:55:19 AM »
Well said, MT.
Here's my take:
The atmosphere that we generate when we are looking likely is inspiring, even in a NAB cup game. When we are actually an established side teams are going to hate playing us. Best fans in the game, if i dont mind saying myself ;D
We were certainly the better team against North. no question. We were far more impressive. Their goals were cheap and the umpiring was insipid.
Here's the reason why we won the second game: SHANE TUCK. He is a certain starter until someone can step up and have the same impact. No one can win the footy like Tucky.
Derrickx looks shy but shows promise. Needs confidence.
Dusty is delicious, as usual.
Conca looked sharp. Hope he's not gone for long.
Ellis' skills look sound also. liked Elton's effort after coming back on. He will take allot of confidence from that.
Big Maric is an upgrade. Poor old Gus battled on but he just cant time a leap. It was comical watching him fly in into contests 3 seconds early like a big air-born potato, time and time again.
Lil Maric really impressed me. Could be a handy little pick-up. Was close to our best against the hawks. might be a chance for round 1.
Nahas looks set for another big season. Creative, composed and skillfull.
Thought Houli, Rance and Newman were a little off but im not too worried.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #265 on: February 18, 2012, 11:02:47 AM »
About to head off soon. Looking forward to it now that it is Friday and gameday. Hopefully reality doesn't conflict with hope and expectations for once this time around  :pray, the newbies show some promise and we most importantly get through tonight unscathed without an injuries (touchwood). 

:gotigers

You got it, twas a great night of footy. Should of beat Norf! Should of been 2 ZIp but i can live with that.
Great test against the Cats in a fortnight anyone joining the Cubtrain to feralville  :gotigers

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #266 on: February 18, 2012, 11:33:45 AM »
Full replays:

Tigers v North

http://lon-cdn220-is-1.se.bptvpd.ngc...st_half_2M.mp4
http://lon-cdn220-is-1.se.bptvpd.ngc...ll_game_2M.mp4

Tigers v Hawks

hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #267 on: February 18, 2012, 01:47:20 PM »
Full replays:

Tigers v North

Tigers v Hawks

those links are (he says politely) stuffed
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #268 on: February 18, 2012, 02:28:08 PM »
Worked for me
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #269 on: February 18, 2012, 06:32:57 PM »
Davey.....where you at big fella.......you were talking up Gus mate in the second game......come on what happened... ;)

Was White good was he??

Gus was serviceable. Was good early. Worked his ass off to get to both ends of the ground. Got a fist in a few times to knock it through for a point. Split a pack towards the end of the game to set up an oppurtunity for Miller? I believe. Rammed a few taps down Tucky's throat. Got as much of the ball as what Maric did. :thumbsup

I expect to see the usual BS posted about Gus (because I used to do it too) but he wasn't bad.

Ok mate, I will stick by the big man....go Gus.

Backing the wrong horse WAT.  Gus was bloody hopeless, Maric gave our mids much better use in the first game.  If it wasn't for Tucky's ability and effort in the midfield to overcome the uselessness of Graham then we wouldn't have beaten the Dorks.