Author Topic: NAB Cup 2012  (Read 25474 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: NAB Cup 2012
« Reply #225 on: February 17, 2012, 10:15:07 PM »
One word G U T S , fielding an inexpereinced side vs the hawks less 2 or 3 of their best we were gone for all money 3 minutes out, bang bang and then a full on arm wrestle...liked what i saw...Adam maric, showing the kinda form that had him on the lips of every recruiter worth his salt a few years back...boy if he can build on that...whoa...look out :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #226 on: February 17, 2012, 10:24:56 PM »
mini maric's touches were all good.

Tuck is just a machine, dont care what anyone says, he needs to play will make life so much easier for Cotch, martin, Lids and Foley. Post was good too I thought.

Agree with both comments, I thought both mini maric and Webberley put their hands up for a game, Tuck easily in our best team.

dwaino

« Reply #227 on: February 17, 2012, 10:28:23 PM »
 Vibe at the ground was good. I reckon mini-Maric will be alright. I dont care what anyone says, Tuck knows how to win footy. Just wish his disposal was a little better :( I liked it how we never needed a quarter (or half) to warm up. Webberly was like a new man tonight. Looks like he really understands that games have to be earned this year.

Still throwing in dinky handballs, and my old man kept getting the poos that every time one or two talls went up in an over head contest we never had crumbers. Ellis shows some footy nouse and I liked his little things like bumping his man out of contests when the ball is being tied up and positioning himself on the running side of ball disputes in case there is a quick handball or spill.

We should of been 2 and zip, no thanks to the maggots in green. I like how buddy was getting pinged for doing 360s in tackles, but I still reckon we don't have an answer for someone like him. Freak footballer. Didn't help that Rance was off with the fairies tonight.

Also impressed with Miller and despite the one shank from King, I thought he was good when playing forward and added toughness as well as capitalising when given the opportunity. Turn overs in our forward line weren't speeding up the other end every time as we could keep the ball in our 50 more often. Graham is a flop. I saw him fall over near the ball, crawl forward in slo mo and get up only to put his hands on his hips. Not to mention stupid crap like going up for the same contested over head that Vickory was already going for. At least big Ivan has a dip which is 277171728383882 x better.

Batchelor is going to be my main man this year ;D

That's my take anyway. Still plenty of room for improvement. especially down back, but we all know that.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #228 on: February 17, 2012, 10:31:20 PM »
Thanks for the report and I have dialed that number, when I get through I will let everyone know what it's about  :thumbsup

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #229 on: February 17, 2012, 10:39:42 PM »
 :lol

The dinky handballs to someone in a worse position that you have mostly gone though. those "here you get tackled, coz i dont want to" have nearly gone

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #230 on: February 17, 2012, 10:40:57 PM »
One word G U T S , fielding an inexpereinced side vs the hawks less 2 or 3 of their best we were gone for all money 3 minutes out, bang bang and then a full on arm wrestle...liked what i saw...Adam maric, showing the kinda form that had him on the lips of every recruiter worth his salt a few years back...boy if he can build on that...whoa...look out :shh

Hes a prodigy Bojangleberg and so it was bound to happen :lol
Seriously though, it was promising
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #231 on: February 17, 2012, 10:45:43 PM »
Thanks Dwaino...good job. Good to hear a few of the newbies having a crack, something we really haven't had in the past.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

gerkin greg

« Reply #232 on: February 17, 2012, 11:05:21 PM »
Thought the old beef kebab was good.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #233 on: February 17, 2012, 11:05:57 PM »
just got back.
Great second game,
Will say this.
Brad Miller will be good for us this year.was good last year
Lost a bit of his bulk and seems more mobile.
"mini maric"" can play, he is a rookie? wont be for long.
Big problem we have is that as good a season Rance had last year, he isnt going to big enough to play against guys like Petrie and Buddy or most taller forwards. might be a huge problem.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #234 on: February 17, 2012, 11:06:56 PM »
and Gus was hopeless, walking up the ground behind play, he might get fit by round 14 at Coburg

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #235 on: February 17, 2012, 11:09:44 PM »

Good to see Jacko and Tuck play well.

and White won the second match for us.

Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #236 on: February 17, 2012, 11:14:07 PM »
Davey.....where you at big fella.......you were talking up Gus mate in the second game......come on what happened... ;)

Was White good was he??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #237 on: February 17, 2012, 11:18:12 PM »
Davey.....where you at big fella.......you were talking up Gus mate in the second game......come on what happened... ;)

Was White good was he??

Gus was serviceable. Was good early. Worked his ass off to get to both ends of the ground. Got a fist in a few times to knock it through for a point. Split a pack towards the end of the game to set up an oppurtunity for Miller? I believe. Rammed a few taps down Tucky's throat. Got as much of the ball as what Maric did. :thumbsup

I expect to see the usual BS posted about Gus (because I used to do it too) but he wasn't bad.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #238 on: February 17, 2012, 11:21:46 PM »
and Gus was hopeless, walking up the ground behind play, he might get fit by round 14 at Coburg

Ivan Maric and Tyrone Vickery will do ruck duties also see Derrickx as a real chance as well.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #239 on: February 17, 2012, 11:23:00 PM »

Good to see Jacko and Tuck play well.

and White won the second match for us.

Have to admit Jackson was much improved and kicked a nice goal when it was needed. Tuck must play from round 1.