Author Topic: NAB Cup 2012  (Read 25554 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: NAB Cup 2012
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2012, 04:23:28 PM »
Should at least beat the Roos....

Will also do the Hawks if focused enough.....must stop Blooody Franklin though... :help
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2012, 04:49:03 PM »

Will also do the Hawks if focused enough.....must stop Blooody Franklin though... :help

That's if he is playing.

Riewoldt isn't going to be playing for us if I recall correctly.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2012, 04:52:17 PM »

That's if he is playing.

Riewoldt isn't going to be playing for us if I recall correctly.

Yeah they may play him in the first and rest him in the game against us, if he plays at all..

Thats right, good opportunity for a couple of the others to really shine, Vick's and Griff come to mind.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

dwaino

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2012, 05:33:48 PM »
Riewoldt will be out until 3rd week of NAB Cup if I remember correctly. Not an important one, but I don't think Matt White will be playing at all the first night. A bloke at work is in the same mountain biking club as White, and said he noticed on the board that White's team is doing a 100km ride that day or the day before (can't remember exactly).

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame

"Rucks:

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2012, 06:57:48 PM »
Riewoldt will be out until 3rd week of NAB Cup if I remember correctly. Not an important one, but I don't think Matt White will be playing at all the first night. A bloke at work is in the same mountain biking club as White, and said he noticed on the board that White's team is doing a 100km ride that day or the day before (can't remember exactly).

Would think that Matty White's first commitment would be to play for the RFC seeing they pay his wage  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

dwaino

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2012, 07:16:52 PM »

Would think that Matty White's first commitment would be to play for the RFC seeing they pay his wage  ;D

The workmate that told me (a mad Tiger too) said he was surprised that White was participating in the event at that time of the year. He reckons they have some pretty spectacular falls off those bikes, and he assumes that since the club is letting him do it (or so we assume that too :P) at the same time the NAB Cup is starting that he is not taking part. *shrug* lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2012, 12:39:37 AM »
Given we play Freo and Geelong away after this first week (thank you AFL  ::) ) then these mini-games especially against North are probably our best chance of getting a preseason win and build some momentum both on and off-field (membership).

It's going to be interesting to see how we handle the one hour break in between games. Playing two different sides either side of the break avoids the issue of players cooling down and then needing to warm up again but then you need to spread the talent between both teams otherwise the second team will be fairly weak if it's full of fringe players and cubs. I guess one advantage of the split games is when we play Hawthorn we'll be reasonably fresh again whereas it'll be their "second half" straight after having played North.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2012, 10:59:45 AM »

It's not worth even thinking about results for this ridiculous competition WAT.  All teams will be trying out kids, easing back stars, tinkering with game plans, and generally just not going full tilt (except for maybe 1 or 2 clubs) so any results will be skewed way past any reality.  Save yourself the judgment and stress for Round 1!   ;D

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2012, 11:16:51 AM »
You're not suggesting that teams tank smokey? :lol
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2012, 11:38:41 AM »
You're not suggesting that teams tank smokey? :lol

:lol

Touché

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2012, 11:50:44 AM »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2012, 02:14:13 PM »

It's not worth even thinking about results for this ridiculous competition WAT.  All teams will be trying out kids, easing back stars, tinkering with game plans, and generally just not going full tilt (except for maybe 1 or 2 clubs) so any results will be skewed way past any reality.  Save yourself the judgment and stress for Round 1!   ;D

Mmm, ok...... ::)...When and what year do you actually want the club to get serious about anything smoke.... :huh

"Rucks:

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2012, 02:26:22 PM »

Mmm, ok...... ::)...When and what year do you actually want the club to get serious about anything smoke.... :huh

I never suggested they should be anything except 100% serious WAT.  I was referring to your comments that we "should" beat whoever when there are so many contrary factors involved in these practice matches that its a folly to put any weight on the result of them whatsoever.  There is just nothing tangible in the game results to engender interest in anything except some individual performances and team strategies.  I want us to win every single game we play, practice match or not, but I won't lose a moment's sleep about it until the real season starts.   :thumbsup

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2012, 02:47:57 PM »

I never suggested they should be anything except 100% serious WAT.  I was referring to your comments that we "should" beat whoever when there are so many contrary factors involved in these practice matches that its a folly to put any weight on the result of them whatsoever.  There is just nothing tangible in the game results to engender interest in anything except some individual performances and team strategies.  I want us to win every single game we play, practice match or not, but I won't lose a moment's sleep about it until the real season starts.   :thumbsup

Ok, sorry, we could beat the Roos and Hawks, hows that, but more pesimistic than optimistic for mine....while yes I agree there are "so many contrary factors involved" if we go in with just about a full side other than Riewoldt, gee we should win....wouldn't you think??

I would just like to see us play well and at least progress to the next round of the NAB Cup....one year. I think it would give the players more confidence going into the season proper thats all.

"Rucks: