Author Topic: PHANTOM DRAFT 2011  (Read 24207 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: PHANTOM DRAFT 2011
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 05:05:24 AM »
LOL at tiga posting under the cover of darkness to avoid the ferals bagging the selection  :rollin

I would hope for us to pick up a bigger body midfielder with our first pick. There's not much of Devon Smith at 175cm even if he can play.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 08:20:11 AM »
LOL at tiga posting under the cover of darkness to avoid the ferals bagging the selection  :rollin

I would hope for us to pick up a bigger body midfielder with our first pick. There's not much of Devon Smith at 175cm even if he can play.
I understand what you mean MT but I went for the best available player who has Inside mid potential. Devon is strong and i believe he will Bulk up. He has similarities to Foley. All the other bigger bodied mids that are left after the GWS decimation are all flanker or receiving type mids. There is one other player I have lined up for our next pick which might be a bit more to your liking but is a little bit of a gamble.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 08:54:11 AM »

I understand what you mean MT but I went for the best available player who has Inside mid potential. Devon is strong and i believe he will Bulk up. He has similarities to Foley. All the other bigger bodied mids that are left after the GWS decimation are all flanker or receiving type mids. There is one other player I have lined up for our next pick which might be a bit more to your liking but is a little bit of a gamble.

What, he is good at tanking?   :P   ;D

10 FLAGS

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2011, 09:13:05 AM »
I actually dont mind Tiga's selection at all. Smith can play. If he plays forward we have a replacement for King and if he can play in midfield he can develop into a quality rover type. I'm hoping on draft day he slides because of his size and he's there at 26.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2011, 10:41:32 AM »

What, he is good at tanking?   :P   ;D
Smokey, I didn't realise it until your comment above but maybe MT meant bigger bodied as Relton Roberts "bigger bodied" so you might be onto something... ;D

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2011, 11:23:18 AM »
Good choice WP, I was looking foward to scooping up Tomlinson for Goldcoast  :banghead  :laugh:
Also like the Tiga choice considering the stranglehold gws has on this draft  ;)
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2011, 01:27:46 PM »
wayne are you there  :huh

you're up with pick 16 for Freo

And I am wating to pounce with pick 17 for the Doggies  ;) ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2011, 02:29:56 PM »
Yes I am, sorry I thought I was pick 18...

#16 - Fraser McInnes (WA – KPF/KPD)

Looking to replace Pav. Local boy.

Key position player with great potential at his size. Strong mark overhead. Very mobile and should grow out well. Has had some injury difficulties but looks good. Versatility is there for him to play a range of positions, but possibly like him more as a key forward. 1st round quality talent who despite not playing throughout the U18 champs is slowly rising up the standings.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2011, 02:40:23 PM »
Western Bulldogs
Pick 17:

Sam Docherty
HT: 183cm
WT: 85Kg

Strong mark for his size with super quick hands. Has been described as an elite kick & decision maker. At 85Kgs already has the size to play at the top level in 2012. Represented VIC country in 2011. Bulldogs believe he can hold down a running/rebounding HB role early in his career with the view of moving him into the mid-field in the future

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2011, 10:33:12 PM »
Update:

1. G.W.S. - Jonathon Patton
2. G.W.S. - Stephen Coniglio
3. G.W.S. - Dom Tyson
4. G.W.S. - Matt Buntine
5. G.W.S. - Chad Wingard
6. Port Adel - Mitchell Grigg
7. G.W.S. - Will Hoskin-Elliott
8. Brisbane - Adam Tomilnson
9. G.W.S. - Elliott Kavanagh
10. G.W.S. - Liam Sumner
11. G.W.S. - Billy Longer
12. Brisbane - Taylor Adams
13. G.W.S. - Toby Greene
14. G.W.S. - Todd Elton
15. Richmond - Devon Smith
16. Fremantle - Fraser McInnes
17. Bulldogs - Sam Docherty

Next up:
18. North Melb.  (tiga)
19. Essendon   (Tiger-from-Tas)
20. Fremantle    (wayne)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2011, 10:40:38 PM »
Ok, so what's Smiths clim to fame...?
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2011, 11:56:56 PM »
Selection #18 Nick Haynes (Dandenong Stingrays)

Date of birth: 18/05/92
Height: 191cm
Weight: 76Kg

We were looking for a tall utility player and Nick fits the bill perfectly. He is very good overhead, has great motor and can run all day.
He also has excellent leg speed. At the Draft Combine he came 5th in the 3km time trial. Needs to develop some upper body strength but he has the frame to do it.
He won the Dandenong Stingrays Best and Fairest award for season 2011

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2011, 12:12:14 AM »
Very good tiga cheers
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2011, 12:24:00 PM »
Pick 19...Daniel Markworth (Calder Cannons) 189cm 76kg

Midsized utility who is yet to find his ideal position. Playing mostly as a medium marking forward for Calder, very very fast on the lead, safe hands and generally an accurate shot on goal - averages over 2 a game. But he has spent time in the middle, and it's as a future ruck-rover I'm picking him. He is raw in terms of positioning etc, but his athleticism and pace are impressive, and the cleanness of his ball-handling and his ability to break away from a pack are eyecatching qualities and hint at what he could be a few years down the track.

Good height and despite being a little light at the moment, has the sort of frame that should fill out into a pretty formidable specimen. Can probably play as a forward from day 1 (just plonk him in the square or a pocket and have him burn off his man on a lead) and would demand a fast backman who's strong overhead, which would draw heat from Jurrah, but a better long-term move might be to have him play onball for Casey for a couple of years and make a lightning-fast, big-bodied midfielder out of him.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2011, 12:31:37 PM »
Update:

1. G.W.S. - Jonathon Patton
2. G.W.S. - Stephen Coniglio
3. G.W.S. - Dom Tyson
4. G.W.S. - Matt Buntine
5. G.W.S. - Chad Wingard