Author Topic: No Excuses  (Read 85300 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
No Excuses
« on: November 14, 2011, 03:18:27 AM »
So we have now had Hardwick and Grimes and Astbury and a few others coming out saying that youth is no excuse next year and that players will be held accountable for rubbish performances.

Now, did everyone pay attention or have you been paying attention to these statements and others???

No excuses, none, nada, so we should be in the finals next year IMO.

Please everyone the youth, inexperienced, development, growing as a team, need game time, needs game fitness cards have been played.

NO EXCUSES RICHMOND!!!!!! FINALS OR FAILURE!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: No Excuses
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 07:01:01 AM »
 :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 07:52:05 AM »
No wonder you blow up during the year :lol
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 08:45:13 AM »
So we have now had Hardwick and Grimes and Astbury and a few others coming out saying that youth is no excuse next year and that players will be held accountable for rubbish performances.

Now, did everyone pay attention or have you been paying attention to these statements and others???

No excuses, none, nada, so we should be in the finals next year IMO.

Please everyone the youth, inexperienced, development, growing as a team, need game time, needs game fitness cards have been played.

NO EXCUSES RICHMOND!!!!!! FINALS OR FAILURE!

..... Until we have injuries because we have no depth ....
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 09:01:28 AM »
No wonder you blow up during the year :lol
Haha will be good to see how he is after the first 5 rounds!  :rollin

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 09:01:53 AM »
All I expect is for us to improve. Without using the "F" word, improvement with 11-12 wins should mean we will be thereabouts at the end of the season anyway.

dwaino

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 10:02:25 AM »
Back to back flags or else!
 :rollin

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 10:05:36 AM »

Offline Sabretooth

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 10:44:51 AM »
The benefits of having had the feedback from the Tiger supporter, who went forward in time to pick out the best group of players once they hit the next 2-3 years, will start to bear fruit.

eg.
1. Get Conca with your earliest pick and ignore Heppell as he wins a RS but breaks down the next year.
2. Pick 3 will be enough to get Martin in 2010 as Melbourne will shoot themselves in the foot.
Pick 2 for Cotchin in 2008, as Carlton will go tall.
3. Leave it until Morris gets to 22 before picking him up as a FS.
4. Keep an eye on Houli until he has had enough of the Bombers not giving him a run, then entice him over for nix at the draft table.
5. Use Tuck sparingly for the couple of years before he hits 30 as he will be refreshed for the next 5, as Tuck's get better with age.
6. Have 4 ruckmen available from the 2012 season, Graham will be ready to dominate at that point and Maric can be secured relatively cheaply at that stage too, similar to Houli.
7. Riewoldt & Vickery can be relied on to be available at our pick in their respective years becoming the star forwards required.
8. The 2nd Grimes will be better than the first, but will be a steal in the 2010 PSD. The 2nd Rance will also prove to be as good as his father.
9. The additional talls in Post, Astbury & Griffiths will take a few seasons to develop, but will become very good players, would have destroyed us if allowed to be picked up elsewhere!
10. Deledio, by this time has served his long apprenticeship across the HB line, and is now ready to lead the Tigers onward and upward.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 10:52:19 AM »
We should tank for picks  ;D

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 02:37:00 PM »

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 02:51:08 PM »
 :rollin

This is fun
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 02:58:05 PM »

What decade or year do you think we should actually move forward then WP?????

To the rest of you, amazing to say the least, the players and the coach are saying that we should not be using excuses such as being a young inexperienced side and having to stand up next year and you still cant get on board with it...

When will you all stop making excuses..... :banghead
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 04:00:38 PM »
What decade or year do you think we should actually move forward then WP?????

To the rest of you, amazing to say the least, the players and the coach are saying that we should not be using excuses such as being a young inexperienced side and having to stand up next year and you still cant get on board with it...

When will you all stop making excuses..... :banghead

I am not making excuses WAT

I want to see improvement - what that brings come the end of the season I really don't know. If it means we finish with 11 wins and we miss the finals is that failure = NOPE

Our list still has alot of gaps in it - Depth is a massive problem if we have a horror run with injury the we will struggle. If we don't well who knows what the end result will be

And BTW while the words are there that there will be no more excuses. Nowhere has the coach or any players said we are going to play finals. If you listen to Dimma's presser last week he said again it's about improving

But to make it simply for you:

Do I want us to play finals = YES

Do I think we can make finals = YES if everything falls our way. And I would think that would be the case for most teams who finished 9th to 13th in 2011.

But if by injury we lose 3 of our best 6 we are in big trouble, if we lose 4-6 of our mid range players for extneded periods again we are in trouble because simple we dont' have the depth. Hell you said exactly the same thing in another thread about our lack of depth

That isn't making excuses it stating where I believe our list is depth wise. I think some people are grossly over rating our list. Personally I don't think it is a strong as it needs to be. Our bottom 15 are a long way off IMHO

TBH I look at our current list & can only name 5 players that would get games in the teams that played off in this years GF - harsh but realistic & that tells me something about our list.

I will repeat if absolutely everything goes our way in 2012 then yes we are chance of finals but things get de-railed and it's highly unlikely. Excuses? No just a realistic assessment of where are right now

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 04:35:44 PM »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd