Author Topic: No Excuses  (Read 84680 times)

Gigantor

Re: No Excuses
« Reply #480 on: January 05, 2013, 02:23:33 PM »
WP i think Lee simons real surname is Simonedes(stand to be corrected)..another of those greeks..lol

dwaino

« Reply #481 on: January 05, 2013, 02:34:59 PM »
Lee Simons still batting strong 12-1pm Mon-Fri on MMM  :cheers

Gigantor

« Reply #482 on: January 05, 2013, 03:05:58 PM »
Dwaino is there any subject you know nothing about?.....your knowledge is quite frightening.
Ok here goes .can you tell me whether UFOs exist?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #483 on: January 05, 2013, 03:39:53 PM »
yes they do.
there have been plenty of unidentified flying objects sighted.

as to whether they were alien craft, well no one knows, that's why they were unidentified

;D
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

dwaino

« Reply #484 on: January 05, 2013, 03:52:05 PM »
Dwaino is there any subject you know nothing about?.....your knowledge is quite frightening.

UFOs could be anything. Unless you're talking about extra-terrestrials. I believe they could be quite likely. Stars form in nurseries along with other stars. Therefore a star and it's system of satellites would/should roughly consist of a similar composition as its neighbours. Our sun was born in one of these nurseries about 4 and a half billion years ago and many of our closer neighbours were formed from the same materials of our sun. This means that many of the closest solar systems have very similar make ups to our own too. Complex organic proteins and amino acids are in abundance and found everywhere, from moons to comets. What if a neighbour developed intelligent life at the same time dinosaurs dominated ours? Think of our scientific advances of the past 70 years, and imagine if we never had a dark age for nearly a millennia, how far would science be? A civilisation only 1000years ahead or even 65 million years ahead could find their way here. Even if faster than light or 'worm hole' travel were not possible, the likelyhood that they would already be in our neighbourhood is very high. From the time the first extra-solar planet was discovered, more than 2000 more were discovered in the next few years. We are now discovering systems like Gleise 581. Imagine the kinds of systems we would be able to discover in 10, 25... 50 years? Using Gleise 581 system as an example, an intelligent civilisation using the same methods we use would be able to detect activity here and now. We're only 22 light years away. Now imagine things like the Doppler effect and how space-time warps in the presence of gravity. Maybe space-time can be compressed ahead and expanded behind, like how the Doppler effect explains short and long light (and sound) waves. All of the sudden the distance becomes less. We were originally told life is fragile, and biospheres are believed to be uniform in their composition. We have recently discovered arsenic based life forms on Earth, as opposed to our own water based. Some argue now that we are not even related to these weird specifies but are in fact extraterrestrial and arrived here on comets or asteroids.. Like how some believe we arrived here originally (see: panspermia). Either way, it proves life can take on some strange forms and not always as we know it (go look up some extremophies or chemotrophs).

Edit: excuse the formatting. On my phone  :banghead

gerkin greg

« Reply #485 on: January 05, 2013, 10:49:38 PM »
tl;dr

Greg Evans LMFAO

dwaino

« Reply #486 on: January 05, 2013, 11:09:52 PM »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #487 on: January 05, 2013, 11:55:32 PM »
Stats wise it's more chance aliens exist, than do not.

the claw

« Reply #488 on: January 06, 2013, 02:49:04 AM »
So we have now had Hardwick and Grimes and Astbury and a few others coming out saying that youth is no excuse next year and that players will be held accountable for rubbish performances.

Now, did everyone pay attention or have you been paying attention to these statements and others???

No excuses, none, nada, so we should be in the finals next year IMO.

Please everyone the youth, inexperienced, development, growing as a team, need game time, needs game fitness cards have been played.

NO EXCUSES RICHMOND!!!!!! FINALS OR FAILURE!

you actually take on board and believe what they say. please tell me what else can they say.

you dont need to be told anything by the club you just need to use a bit of common sense and logic to work out where we are at in regards those things you mentioned. we arent quite there in any of the categories but we are getting closer. we may even sneak in who knows but my expectations are we are likely to miss out again this yr. those expectations wont change no matter what spiel the club comes out with.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #489 on: January 06, 2013, 03:20:01 AM »
At the end of the day.

Astbury is still a baby. As is grimes.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #490 on: January 06, 2013, 09:51:14 AM »

UFOs could be anything. Unless you're talking about extra-terrestrials. I believe they could be quite likely. Stars form in nurseries along with other stars. Therefore a star and it's system of satellites would/should roughly consist of a similar composition as its neighbours. Our sun was born in one of these nurseries about 4 and a half billion years ago and many of our closer neighbours were formed from the same materials of our sun. This means that many of the closest solar systems have very similar make ups to our own too. Complex organic proteins and amino acids are in abundance and found everywhere, from moons to comets. What if a neighbour developed intelligent life at the same time dinosaurs dominated ours? Think of our scientific advances of the past 70 years, and imagine if we never had a dark age for nearly a millennia, how far would science be? A civilisation only 1000years ahead or even 65 million years ahead could find their way here. Even if faster than light or 'worm hole' travel were not possible, the likelyhood that they would already be in our neighbourhood is very high. From the time the first extra-solar planet was discovered, more than 2000 more were discovered in the next few years. We are now discovering systems like Gleise 581. Imagine the kinds of systems we would be able to discover in 10, 25... 50 years? Using Gleise 581 system as an example, an intelligent civilisation using the same methods we use would be able to detect activity here and now. We're only 22 light years away. Now imagine things like the Doppler effect and how space-time warps in the presence of gravity. Maybe space-time can be compressed ahead and expanded behind, like how the Doppler effect explains short and long light (and sound) waves. All of the sudden the distance becomes less. We were originally told life is fragile, and biospheres are believed to be uniform in their composition. We have recently discovered arsenic based life forms on Earth, as opposed to our own water based. Some argue now that we are not even related to these weird specifies but are in fact extraterrestrial and arrived here on comets or asteroids.. Like how some believe we arrived here originally (see: panspermia). Either way, it proves life can take on some strange forms and not always as we know it (go look up some extremophies or chemotrophs).

Edit: excuse the formatting. On my phone  :banghead

Interesting hypothesis dwaino. Certainly sounds plausible. I'm hoping we can find superior beings on other planets so we can recruit an 8 foot extraterrestrial rookie with huge hands, a 40 foot leap and can kick a footy accurately over 100m. Would make the kangaroos US experiment look like childs play.  ;D

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #491 on: January 06, 2013, 12:45:02 PM »
At the end of the day.

Astbury is still a baby. As is grimes.

Astbury is getting old fast
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #492 on: January 06, 2013, 03:09:56 PM »
21 yoa.

As is Grffs. Not old for kpp

the claw

« Reply #493 on: January 06, 2013, 04:16:42 PM »
21 yoa.

As is Grffs. Not old for kpp
yep still very much juniors who have both played just 20 odd games each. throw in the amount of injuries they both have had and id say they have done okay to date.
its the next 3 yrs where they have to improve in most areas and start haveing more and more influence. physically mature and become consistent players.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #494 on: March 22, 2014, 10:38:32 AM »
Time for the old chestnut again... ;D

Weather, humidity, conditions were all part of the GCS loss.... :lol
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"