Author Topic: The full sash  (Read 5687 times)

Bulluss

Re: The full sash
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2005, 07:48:14 PM »
Interesting to see what peoples thoughts on the jumpers were today?

I thought they were terrible!

Very hard to see the numbers, maybe they need to make the numbers a little longer and the outline a little thicker.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2005, 09:10:06 PM »
The main problem most people around me were having was the 3 in front of another digit looked like a 4 for some bizarre reason. Hyde now and then looked like he was wearing 41 unless he had changed his jumper.

Other than that I didn't think they were too bad. Sure didn't make any difference to the way we played  :P. I think the numbers aren't as big as they use to be so the TAC sponsorship is higher up on the back.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

froars

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2005, 10:07:19 PM »
It was a horrible day for me Bully, i could not make out numbers that were just in front of me  :'(
The one's looked like threes.  Tivendale i thought was 42 lol
And all around me, i wasn't the only one.
Told ya so  :rollin

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2005, 10:55:30 PM »
Same here...all players in double digits lloked like their jumpers were in the 40s  :banghead
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2005, 11:45:41 PM »
One way to fix it would be to make the "gaps" in the digits more obvious if you know what I mean like they use to be but with the black outline. At the moment the "gaps" in each digit are just black lines like the digit has been squished for a cosmetic touch. Also go back to a deeper yellow sash like the old days rather than the bright fluro yellow we kept from when Nike did our clothing.

Life goes on

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2005, 08:33:58 PM »
Same here...all players in double digits lloked like their jumpers were in the 40s  :banghead

Ditto.
All double numbers were hard to read and I have good eye sight, pity the one-eyed supporters, wouldnt know who is who, hey buts thats nothing new ::)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2005, 11:19:24 PM »
The yellow sash is not the problem - the black outline rectifies this.  The problem is definately the new design of the numbers.  If you compare our numbers to Geelongs (and every other team) you will see that ours are squashed in a way that there is no definite gap even in the middle of the number 0.  Also our numbers don't cover the entire back of the jumper and are squashed in the middle.

Who was the braniac who came up with this design?

Simple solution - just get the same number design as all the other teams.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers' new stripes in strife
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2005, 03:06:12 AM »
Tigers' new stripes in strife
29 March 2005   
Herald Sun
By Bruce Matthews

RICHMOND will ask its marketing and merchandising department to review the design of its new jumper.

The decision to revert to a yellow stripe across the back of the guernsey, to replace last season's all-black design, drew complaints that it was hard to make out the numbers.

Players wore the new strip at the MCG on Sunday and president Clinton Casey and other board members noted the numbers tended to blur, particularly from a distance.

Casey said the Tigers were committed to the new design for 2005, but the problem would be discussed to try to eliminate concerns.

"We like the design and the supporters love the concept. It seems to come up all right on the telly, but from a distance I found it difficult and I think a few other people did as well," Casey said.

"We won't make any changes for this year. But we'll certainly look at reviewing it to see if we can make any relevant changes to make it a little bit more visible.

"It wasn't that bad. But we can have a look at ways we might be able to make it clearer. Some numbers seemed to blur into each other."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,12687334%255E19771,00.html

Offline Roar

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • Tigers to thrive in 2005
    • www.yellowandbBlack.info/ - Where true Tigers Roar
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2005, 06:03:52 AM »
My sight is not the greatest at the best of times and despite using binoculars it's almost impossible to make out the numbers particularly double digit ones.
GO TIGES !!!                   Roar

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2005, 09:20:26 AM »
I said the yellow numbers without the sash was the best bet....dont know why we changed back.....
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2005, 02:30:05 PM »
The main problem most people around me were having was the 3 in front of another digit looked like a 4 for some bizarre reason. Hyde now and then looked like he was wearing 41 unless he had changed his jumper.

Yeah I got all excited thinking Scott Turner was making a comeback because I could have sworn I was seeing number 41. But it was Chris Hyde.

Then I thought who the hell is number 42 until I realsied it was Tivva in 32.

You could go on.

It is the size and shape of the number that's the problem not the sash being back IMO
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2005, 03:17:02 PM »
Who's idea was it to introduce this number design. 

Solution - Get back to the numbers that all the other teams wear and have thicker black outlines.  Will easily solve the problem.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2005, 06:31:48 PM »
Make the numbers look like numbers especially the 0 and 3 plus make the yellow deeper.

Apologies for the crappy black outline but you get the idea.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 06:35:46 PM by mightytiges »

froars

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2005, 07:18:27 PM »
Take the sash off and make the numbers yellow and we'll be able to see it real good lol

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2005, 07:29:31 PM »
looks better the more you see it. Glad they brought it back. The black outline around the numbers just tops it off  :thumbsup

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/imageResults.aspx?s=EventImagesSearchState|1|0|30|0|0|1|0|0|0|51856487|0|0|0|0|0||0|0|0|0&p=7

Just looked at this thread for the first time now.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO@Richo getting head!