Author Topic: The full sash  (Read 5683 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
The full sash
« on: March 19, 2005, 08:33:38 PM »
looks better the more you see it. Glad they brought it back. The black outline around the numbers just tops it off  :thumbsup

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/imageResults.aspx?s=EventImagesSearchState|1|0|30|0|0|1|0|0|0|51856487|0|0|0|0|0||0|0|0|0&p=7
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 08:39:14 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

froars

Re: The full sash
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 09:38:16 PM »
Well, i was a fan of the plain back and yellow numbers because i find it hard to see at the best of times.
Will let you know what i think of it after i see 'em play.  The numbers and the sash makes it look too busy now and i'm suspecting it will be a lot worse on us visually impaired :'(

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 08:32:39 PM »
I wasn't fussed one way or another if the changed back to the full sash but now I reckon it is a massive winner.

The black outline around the number means the number doesn't get lost in the yellow sash like it used too.

The TAC should pretty happy as well - their logo comes up pretty clear too :thumbsup

The numbers and the sash makes it look too busy now and i'm suspecting it will be a lot worse on us visually impaired :'(

Get some new specs Moi ;) ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 11:06:08 PM »
I love it - I would prefer the tac logo to be fcuked off but that's footy these days  :cheers

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 05:36:55 AM »
Looks like I need a new jumper.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 08:29:30 AM »
lets face it , the sash on the back is our traditional jumper, we wone 10 flags with a sash on the back and zilch without!

its a winner, a winning jumper and really, even if they didnt outline the numbers , who cares if teh commentators cant see them , we know who they are thats what counts!

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 09:56:35 AM »
Love it !!

The white numbers and the yellow sash really brightens up our jumpers as they were quite bland previously with the yellow numbers.  Also they will look much better now with the white shorts as previously it looked like they didn't go with one another as there was no common color between them.  The black outline makes a world of difference and it has been something i had suggested ages ago.  The only problem I have is the design of the numbers themselves.  They appear to be a bit short and stubby for my liking.  I'd much prefer the traditional style numbers like what most other clubs use.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 01:10:36 PM »
I'm rapt with the new jumper.
The advantage of removing the sash was you could see the number more easily. You can see it even easier now with the sash back on.

I agree with you X. We know who the players are without having to see their number. The new numbers look good though.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 01:37:37 PM »
I'd have to say the more I look at the jumpers the more and more I like them.  Just as a comparison look at the picture of the new tops posted by Mighty, then scroll to the top of the page of the picture of Richo's back where he's got his arms up and you immediately notice how much brighter and fresher the new ones look.  As I've said before the old ones were dull and bland and felt un-complete without the entire sash.  If anything the new numbers are easier to see as the bright white stands out better than the yellow.  I think it's time to get a new jumper.  Anyone know if all the numbers are now available - the number 3 is quickly going on the back of mine.

froars

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2005, 01:57:07 PM »
We know who the players are without having to see their number.
Ms Magoo says, do we just lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2005, 06:08:21 PM »
Agree Harry. The plain black back and yellow numbers with the white shorts looked horrible. Still not as bad as the yellow ones from the 70's  :P.

I'd take a guess and say shorter numbers mean the TAC logo is higher up on the back (and can't be half-tucked into the shorts) and for the double digit numbers both digits don't pass through the yellow sash so they're easier to see. I don't mind them a tad shorter. More soccer size now. 

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2005, 07:56:36 PM »
Yeah, well spotted Mighty.  Didn't think of that.  The TAC sponsor is quite high now, almost at the middle of the back, which would probably explain the smaller numbers.  And they are quite similar to soccer numbers as you say.  I think Collingwood are the only other team with smaller numbers, and probably due to their TAC sponsorship aswell.  The rest of the comp have the tradtional bigger numbers.  Yeah they look pretty good and along with now having the best jumper in the league, we'll also stand out even more by having a different and more modern style of number.

Offline moe

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2005, 09:40:18 PM »
Geez its a bit of a gay looking photo though..

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2005, 03:03:14 PM »
Moe, you'd be happy too if you were a Richmond player and just got a new coach. :rollin

You cannot beat the traditional Richmond jumper.  :thumbsup  Don't know why we ever changed it.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2005, 09:04:58 PM »
About time the fill sash was brought back        :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep