Author Topic: Sunday gripe  (Read 1286 times)

froars

Sunday gripe
« on: March 22, 2005, 06:33:52 AM »
I absolutely hate playing games on a Sunday, the day before we go back to work.  I luv traditional Saturday arvo games or Friday night.  We have 12 Sunday games this year, and seems a little unfair.  How are you supposed to have a quality-time drink and a catchup with friends after the game when you're in bed a couple of hours after the game because you get up early the following morning?  I wish the AFL would schedule games around my routine lol

letsgetiton!

Re: Sunday gripe
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 07:05:54 AM »
ooooooooooooooh moi! im sorry , it is difficult as we cant really head out after the games to celebrate as we will often this year! but i dont mind sunday games, and i have to be up 5am monday mornings! once we climb up the ladder we will get more friday night fixturing

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 07:13:38 AM »
Take Monday's off. :thumbsup
I'm sure the boss would understand.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

froars

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 08:18:19 AM »
Sympathetic lot ain't ya? lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 02:15:38 PM »
I absolutely hate playing games on a Sunday, the day before we go back to work.  I luv traditional Saturday arvo games or Friday night.

I'm with ya on this one Moi  :thumbsup especially when the game is at the Dome. Just find there's less atmosphere at the games (although Spud's gameplan could be blamed for that  :P ). Not a real fan of Saturday night games either. You just lose the whole day. With Sat arvo there's no rush to get home and you can head off somewhere else later on in the night.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 04:28:10 PM »
Try to get ripped the night before the game. That way, you wont have your expectations up and be bitterly disappointed when we lose, seeing that you wil already be in a rotten mood from the night before. :thumbsup

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 04:48:43 PM »
I actually like Sunday games, it's a great way to relax on a Sunday when there really isn't much on and a few beers and a pie with sauce and is a great way to cure a hang over from the previous night.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?