Author Topic: What can i whinge about now lol  (Read 1313 times)

froars

What can i whinge about now lol
« on: March 22, 2005, 08:22:27 AM »
I've had a go at the new jumpers, Sunday games, heaven help the club if my red is not to my taste on Sunday  :lol
Your turn!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: What can i whinge about now lol
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 01:00:53 PM »
Merchandise is my gripe.

They've got the new stuff in the store why haven't they updated the details onthe RFC site (on-line shop) :banghead :banghead

You wanna sell it yuo gotta let peole know it's there for crying out loud :help :help aint that hard people >:(
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 02:31:33 PM »
They've got the new stuff in the store why haven't they updated the details onthe RFC site (on-line shop) :banghead :banghead

Another example of the great job Telstra's doing with running the official websites and promoting the game ::). The sooner this contract ends and the RFC gets control over its website again the better   >:(.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 02:56:18 PM »
Rule changes. >:( >:(  I wish we would stop wanting to change rules, left, right and centre all the time.  As soon as a rule is changed someone finds a loophole and gets around it.  Someone then thinks we need to introduce another rule to avoid the loophole created by the rule just changed.  :banghead  It’s just plain ridiculous.

Unless the rules, whatever they relate to; whether it’s the ruck rule, style of game, rules of the game, awarding the Brownlow medal or whatever, just don’t work then let’s leave them alone.  People will always find a way around things, because you just cannot introduce a rule that compensates for human ingenuity.

Was it just that in the past people were able to accept the “umpire’s” decision and the rules?  And that now people in high places make knee jerk decisions, if you put enough pressure on them?  Or were the rules always dodgy and the people of today know better?

Rules introduced when times were simpler keep things as they should be.  Now, things are so complicated no one seems to know when to stop changing what was ideal to begin with.

Unless changes to rules don’t cause more problems than they solve then why make the changes in the first place?  It only becomes a problem when people who are in control of making changes don’t realise that. :banghead
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 03:37:21 PM »
Another example of the great job Telstra's doing with running the official websites and promoting the game ::). The sooner this contract ends and the RFC gets control over its website again the better   >:(.

Only this year and 2006 to go. :thumbsup

You really have to take your hat off the Bombers. When out on their own and have without doubt the best of the Club sites.

And to think that website deal is through Channel 7 - who have done nothing for footy except holding it to ransom  ::) Scary isn't it? ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 06:06:08 PM »
awarding the Brownlow medal or whatever

Making the Brownlow medal into just a best and no longer a fairest award is becoming a farce. They changed it due to the new tribunal system but that's just opened a new can of worms in terms of countbacks. Forgotten the Footscray player's name but he came second to Kevin Murray by a point after the umps didn't award him the 3 points in round 22 (kicked 6 goals) because he got reported in that game. Then there's Chris Grant who finished with more votes than Robert Harvey but was ineligible. Do you take a brownlow off Harvey  ???. Plus there's  McKernan lol  :help.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 01:03:40 PM »
Channel 10.  >:(

Why don’t they just put the score in the middle of the screen and be done with it.

If you take into account the black line at the top and bottom of the screen, then their logo at the top right of the screen and the new whiz bang score thingy, there’s hardly any room left for anything else.

It’s ok for those who have wall high screens, but for others it’s a huge intrusion on the play going on.  Drives you to distraction, if you let it. :P

Good on the creative person who had nothing better to do over summer than come up with the constantly ticking over stats next to the score, but is it really necessary to have the team name and their logo sitting side by side, just taking up space?

If nothing else, at least move the wretched thing to the top corner of the screen, not virtually bang in the middle of it.

And another thing, does the noise coming over the loud speakers at the MCG have to be so deafening and intrusive?  You just about have to yell to speak to the person next to you.

Don’t suppose they could’ve had the Swans vs Hawks game up on the screen, seeing as their game started earlier?  Didn’t think so.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 04:17:49 PM »
Ticket sellers at the new Ponsford stand. They'd give Telstra Dome a good run in how to sell tickets the slowest.

btw the new stand is very impressive and the seats are much better than in the Southern stand. Just wish they could have got rid of all the Geelong supporters and their single tune "gee-long" which they repeated ad nauseum  :P  :scream.