Author Topic: Matthew Arnot [merged]  (Read 54962 times)

Rampstar

Re: Matthew Arnot [merged]
« Reply #300 on: October 18, 2013, 08:57:23 PM »
average footballer at present and needs lots of work to iron out the deficiencies. if he doesnt improve he could be out of the AFL in the next 2 years.

A sentence begins with a capital letter.

not on the forums they dont  ;D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #301 on: December 20, 2013, 02:43:39 PM »
Any news on how Arnott is travelling?
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #302 on: December 20, 2013, 04:23:23 PM »
Mate said he was running laps only but the size of a tree trunk!!!!

the claw

« Reply #303 on: December 20, 2013, 10:18:00 PM »
ive been having a fair old go at most things lately. just thought it time to for a bit of positivity.

gotta admit i really like this kid. i think he can make it but he does need to step it up next yr.  geez  6 - 10 games would be a good return.

a few posters have talked about the importance of arnot and helbig taking the next step and i agree.  because imo of the lack in numbers of genuine mids we desperately need these big bodied mids to go to the next level and actually make good contributions to the seniors.  heres hoping. the othe kid id like to see get a good run at it and manage a few games is williams. almost the forgotten injury riddled rookie on the list. trouble is hes now missed the better part of 18mnths 2 yrs of footy thru injuries.

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #304 on: December 21, 2013, 10:53:16 AM »
i think he has more players ahead of him than behind..  but hes hard at it and tough but for me he lacks something..  not sure what it is.  Awareness?

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #305 on: December 21, 2013, 11:05:57 AM »
IMO he lacks a bit of talent.

Big body and all, looks tough, tackles well, but I don't think he has the finer skills. If he makes it he'll be a B-grade enforcer.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #306 on: December 21, 2013, 01:15:17 PM »
Agree. If he fails it will be due to lack of class - awareness, skills etc.
Certainly has some good things to work with.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 04:35:40 PM by Willy »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #307 on: December 21, 2013, 02:38:37 PM »
If he can take out one opposition player pee game he's certainly doing his job

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #308 on: January 23, 2014, 03:13:36 PM »
VIDEO: Arnot's back on track ....

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2014-01-23/arnot-back-on-track
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-01-23/arnots-back-on-track

* You basically start from step one.  I’m probably in the midst of doing my pre-season now. While the boys are fine-tuning their skills out on the footy field, I’m gut-running and getting my body physically able to be able to compete at the" highest level.”

* I had a bit of down time, which was good.  I did a few other hobbies that I wanted to do. You go from such and active person and having a very active lifestyle, do doing absolutely nothing. The physios aren’t there the whole time.  Nobody’s there watching you when you want to go for a walk or bend down to do whatever. You have to be very, very strict on yourself and tell yourself to sit it out. It was really hard when two months into it, it wasn’t hurting, but I still couldn’t do anything. That was a bit tedious.

* My goal for this year is to finish off the season.  I think that’s a better goal to have compared to starting off the season with a bang and always being in and out of rehab. I want to give myself a complete opportunity to play consistent footy at the highest level.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #309 on: January 23, 2014, 06:49:46 PM »
I'm loving the competition for spots this preseason. Almost every spot on the ground is contested and very few players are 100% lock ins. Great for depth, the VFL side and our motivation levels  :thumbsup

gerkin greg

« Reply #310 on: January 23, 2014, 08:56:28 PM »
Agree Stripes, the list is starting to generate critical momentum  :thumbsup

dwaino

« Reply #311 on: January 23, 2014, 09:55:05 PM »
Bloke has a good head on his shoulders. Top attitude, just might make it yet.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #312 on: January 23, 2014, 10:08:12 PM »
Well said Stripes.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #313 on: April 16, 2014, 02:03:20 PM »
Arnot on the rise
richmondfc.com.au 
April 16, 2014 11:19 AM

Arnot made his AFL debut for Richmond last year and played four games all-up in the 2013 season, before being grounded with a severe back injury.

Having shaken off that problem, shown good form in the VFL, and regained his place in Richmond’s side, Arnot is determined to maximise his playing attributes.

“I’m a half-forward, more of a defensive-mindset forward, but can go in the middle and win the contested footy,” he said.

“Winning that inside ball is probably one of my main strengths.  Running is as well, especially from zero to 50 and then onwards . . .

“Eventually, as I go further in my career, I’d like to be more of a midfielder.

“I’ve got no problems with my fitness – I think I can match it with some of the best – it’s just a matter of trying to get in there (the midfield).

Read more and the full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-04-16/arnot-on-the-rise

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #314 on: April 16, 2014, 02:44:09 PM »
Arrogant chap
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH