Author Topic: Matthew Arnot [merged]  (Read 54940 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Matthew Arnot [merged]
« Reply #360 on: June 21, 2014, 07:47:13 PM »
Theres nothing criminal about it at all...he needs to start producing

Watch much VFL? Been in the bests all year and was last year before his injury. Scapegoated after his last AFL game for only getting 9 touches - at half-forward, which is not his primary position, in a flogging by Hawthorn. Still laid 9 tackles in the same game. Better option than Thomarse.

Thomas was brought in originally as a rookie and was elevated. His stocks have risen whilst others have fallen according to Dumma and his merry band of malakes.

Arnott needs to play senior footy for the rest of the year. No point bringing in a player for one game and then scapegoating him for a big loss.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #361 on: June 22, 2014, 12:11:41 PM »
I wish they would bring in Arnot but I have grave doubts. It would be too much common sense for one thing.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #362 on: June 23, 2014, 12:46:19 PM »
No point bringing in a player for one game and then scapegoating him for a big loss.
He played more than one game. But I agree he should get a few games in a row then as long as he is producing he can stay in

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Yeah or Neah - Matt Arnot?
« Reply #363 on: September 25, 2014, 02:52:54 AM »
Next up is Matty Arnot.

Matty played 4 AFL games in this his 3rd season to bring his career tally to 8. He was brought into the senior side for rounds 4-6 (vs Coll, Bris, Haw) before being dropped. He earned a return for a one off game again against Brisbane in round 16. His best return for the season, was 13 disposals in our first meeting with the Lions up at the 'Gabba. For the bulk of 2014, Arnot played with our VFL side where he average 20 disposals over 14 matches.

Career stats:

AFL:
            Games   Kicks   Hballs      Disp.   Marks    Tackles   G.B    Clear.     In50   Re50     1%ers
2012:        -
2013:        4        4.8      6.3       11.1     1.5         2.8      1.2   
2014:        4        5.0      4.8        9.8      2.8         5.0      3.3      0.8       2.0      0.5        1.2

VFL:

2014: played 14 matches; averaged 20 disposals; kicked 9 goals; 4 times named in best players.

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=2399&SeasonID=ALL#ind
http://www.pro-stats.com.au/psw/web/player_profile?pid=2012055
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=192115842&client=1-3020-150493-294692-20320287&ocompID=294692

Do we keep or trade/delist Matty Arnot?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Yeah or Neah - Matt Arnot?
« Reply #364 on: September 25, 2014, 07:04:44 AM »
Keep if can't trade

A depth player

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #365 on: September 25, 2014, 07:57:49 AM »
Trade

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #366 on: September 25, 2014, 08:32:21 AM »
Keep. If does not perform next year the club will delist him

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #367 on: September 25, 2014, 08:49:38 AM »
Seems to have attributes of a good midfielder but think his attitude is probably the thing holding back. Would guess if he ended up at a top 4 club would most likely end up a handy contributor, keep for now and delist next season if no improvement.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #368 on: September 25, 2014, 10:20:25 AM »
Massive body and good attitude hide the fact he hasn't got good awareness on the footy field.
Needs a bigger tank too.

I would give him 1 year and reassess.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #369 on: September 25, 2014, 11:06:40 AM »
Give him a proper crack, stop dropping him and stuffing his confidence the way we always do with our kids.

Honestly this is the biggest problem with our development IMO. You get a kid with a bit of talent and just repeatedly crush him by dropping him after 25 minutes game time as the sub or a few rounds max.

Bloke has a big body. Doesn't need the most polished skills. Look at Miles for example. Just has to go get the damned pill and dish it out to Chimp/Lids etc.

tony_montana

« Reply #370 on: September 25, 2014, 11:54:05 AM »
Massive body and good attitude hide the fact he hasn't got good awareness on the footy field.
Needs a bigger tank too.

I would give him 1 year and reassess.

His tank, like his kicking skills are grossly underated - one of the fitter blokes on the list.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #371 on: September 25, 2014, 03:21:27 PM »
Nah.
Not up to it. Free up his spot and recruit someone who can play.
Very mediocre footballer.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #372 on: September 25, 2014, 04:41:35 PM »
Keep, because at the moment we are not interested in anyfucking one so we will need all the bloody players we have, crap or not. :banghead

Apart from that I think he will still be a good player.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #373 on: September 25, 2014, 05:21:52 PM »
I'm less inclined to think he'll make it rather than Dea or McDonough but again, wish he had been given a stretch this year to help us make a more informed decision.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #374 on: September 25, 2014, 06:24:57 PM »
I'm less inclined to think he'll make it rather than Dea or McDonough but again, wish he had been given a stretch this year to help us make a more informed decision.

I reckon he definitely deserves a decent go next year.
8 games in 3 years - has had 2 strings of 3 consecutive games.
At least Dea has been given a decent crack with 5 cracks at 4 consecutive games in a row or more over his 5 years with 14 games in his 3rd year.

Hopefully, he is given to opportunity to play enough where he doesn't have to worry about being dropped every week he plays a senior game.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”