Author Topic: Rookie pick #60: Gibson Turner  (Read 15306 times)

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Rookie pick #60: Gibson Turner
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2011, 08:49:14 AM »
The Messiah!  :bow

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2011, 10:28:13 AM »
As much as I would like to see all our rookie selections make the grade I think we are all getting a bit carried away. This was the ROOKIE draft guys and the chances of any of them making it is slim. Dont forget how shallow this years draft was suposed to be and these guys didnt even get picked in that. Maybe 1 in 6 rookies make the grade (if that) so lets just settle down and cross our fingers with all of these guys.

That said, I do like what I have read about our choices and wish them all the best. Grab that chance with both hands guys as there are tons of others that would kill for the chance.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

gerkin greg

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2011, 10:31:50 AM »
whoa get with the program partner  :shh

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2011, 10:42:23 AM »
whoa get with the program partner  :shh

I would love to Gerks but years of hearing this and that about our recruits has sort of made me a bit more sceptical about the chances. Ask me if I think we are going to improve this year and I will say Im on board. Most likely the improvement will come form the likes of Ashbury, Post, Griffith, etc (year 3 and 4) our top draft choices and trades. These rookies would be a absoulte bonus if they stepped up.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2011, 12:29:38 PM »
Gibson's best-on-ground performance for Thunder in an U18 game against Western Australia in Darwin gave him the kickstart he needed.

"I'm really pleased for both boys [Gibson Turner and Freo's Jordan Wilson] to get an opportunity to play football at the highest level," NT Institute of Sport AFL head coach Brenton Toy said. "They're both quality kids who are good people off the field and very good players on it.

"Gibbo's a ripper kid. If he walks into a room he's one of those blokes who can liven it up and we expect him to do really well at Richmond.

"He kicked four goals against WA, can take a contested mark and is really good at ground level.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2011/12/14/278111_ntsport.html

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 12:57:49 PM by one-eyed »
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2011, 09:55:53 PM »
we need to do something left field and get these indigineous kids on the right track. Id be looking at enrolling him at melbourne grammer as a boarder and make sure he finishes his school and whilst there learn a thing or two about discipline. i think we've proven that taking delinquents straight into an elite sporting outfit simply doesnt work. Now Im not saying gibbo is a delinquent but i do understand he has been in some strife...straight to boarding school in his first 12 months and you know what, he might just realise his god given talents rather than peeing them up against the wall :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2011, 10:32:14 PM »
we need to do something left field and get these indigineous kids on the right track. Id be looking at enrolling him at melbourne grammer as a boarder and make sure he finishes his school and whilst there learn a thing or two about discipline. i think we've proven that taking delinquents straight into an elite sporting outfit simply doesnt work. Now Im not saying gibbo is a delinquent but i do understand he has been in some strife...straight to boarding school in his first 12 months and you know what, he might just realise his god given talents rather than peeing them up against the wall :shh

Whilst I agree he needs to be managed I dont agree "straight to boarding school" is the answer. Doing that could actuallly work in reverese.

He needs a family environment where he is taken in, treated as a family member and given an education..IMO
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2011, 10:41:04 PM »

Whilst I agree he needs to be managed I dont agree "straight to boarding school" is the answer. Doing that could actuallly work in reverese.

He needs a family environment where he is taken in, treated as a family member and given an education..IMO

From what I hear is he has his head screwed on fairly tight :rollin :shh LMFAO at you guys guessing what he may or may not need :lol :lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2011, 10:46:14 PM »

From what I hear is he has his head screwed on fairly tight :rollin :shh LMFAO at you guys guessing what he may or may not need :lol :lol

Well thats great then, we won't have a worry will we.....You can LYFAO all you want but gee our track record in this area is at about 0% success.....so wouldn't you think of managing people better moving forward???????

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2011, 10:54:13 PM »
Well thats great then, we won't have a worry will we.....You can LYFAO all you want but gee our track record in this area is at about 0% success.....so wouldn't you think of managing people better moving forward???????

As long ad his blanky and favourite Teddy are packed he wil be fine, there's a big difference between this kid and the last couple we've had ;)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2011, 11:07:16 PM »

As long ad his blanky and favourite Teddy are packed he wil be fine, there's a big difference between this kid and the last couple we've had ;)

Like I said, thats great to hear then. :thumbsup

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2011, 11:10:34 PM »
LOL. He's already spent time at a boarding school.

get with the program, partner.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

gerkin greg

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2011, 11:11:57 PM »
And I'm pretty sure at 18 he's finished Year 12

bloody nuff nuffs  ::)