Author Topic: Rookie pick #74: Piva Wright  (Read 12643 times)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: Rookie pick #74: Piva Wright
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2011, 10:24:46 PM »
Any other news from the Club 80 function? :)

Everything's great.......

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »

Nothing else I can really repeat other than to say the kids all are of great character and seem determined to succeed which is exactly what your after in a recruit. I was particularly impressed by our draft picks - all seem of great size and are really determined.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2011, 03:59:57 PM »

Nothing else I can really repeat other than to say the kids all are of great character and seem determined to succeed which is exactly what your after in a recruit. I was particularly impressed by our draft picks - all seem of great size and are really determined.

And the next function just prior to the season will feature the coaches  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2011, 04:03:14 PM »
Sworn to secrecy :lol

secret agent coteries :lol

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2011, 04:14:52 PM »

What do you mean you can't repeat it?  :rollin

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2011, 04:23:32 PM »

Goes with the secret handshake t get in :shh

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2011, 04:36:08 PM »

Firstly Club 80 isn't a coterie it's a supporter group  ;D ;D I know alot about coteries  :rollin :rollin

As for the "sworn to secrecy" side of things I know it annoys the hell out of people. But I honestly reckon it gets blown out a proportion a bit because it's made out to be a bigger deal than it really is.   

But having said  that I actually understand why the Club80 people have made the request.... ever heard the old adage "once bitten"

To put it simply blame it on the "quality scribes" at certain daily paper who troll sites like this one and the others trying to find a headline...they did it once made a back page story out of something that appeared on web-site that caused alot of angst IIRC....  :whistle

Seriously  ;D

:cheers

And just on Tuesday nights function, the players really only spoke about the things we already knew from what we've read about them since they were drafted. So there's isn't really much to tell because you know it already  :thumbsup

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2011, 04:57:19 PM »

Firstly Club 80 isn't a coterie it's a supporter group  ;D ;D I know alot about coteries  :rollin :rollin

As for the "sworn to secrecy" side of things I know it annoys the hell out of people. But I honestly reckon it gets blown out a proportion a bit because it's made out to be a bigger deal than it really is.   

But having said  that I actually understand why the Club80 people have made the request.... ever heard the old adage "once bitten"

To put it simply blame it on the "quality scribes" at certain daily paper who troll sites like this one and the others trying to find a headline...they did it once made a back page story out of something that appeared on web-site that caused alot of angst IIRC....  :whistle

Seriously  ;D

And just on Tuesday nights function, the players really only spoke about the things we already knew from what we've read about them since they were drafted. So there's isn't really much to tell because you know it already  :thumbsup

If thats the case, wouldn't it just be cheaper for you to buy the Hun...... ;D
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2011, 05:22:02 PM »

Seriously  ;D

How dare you twist my words. The coteries are secret agents and many of them attend Club 80 (yes I know you are a coterie...and surprising not an arrogant one ;D)

LMAO sworn to secrecy. :lol

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2011, 05:39:49 PM »
It was very interesting that we had a clear stategy on what charactistis and type of players we were after  in different drafts.

I was pretty happy with what we got especially that we didn't chase rejects - full stop
You might note we didnt redraft any players or Coburg players. Unlucky IMHO - Pat Cotin and Wheeler but every other club could have taken them!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2011, 11:29:08 AM »
Stingray rookie joins his mates
By Roy Ward
Greater Dandenong Weekly
19 Dec, 2011

DANDENONG North's Piva Wright will have a few familiar faces around him as he makes his way into the Richmond Football Club.

The 18 year old was selected by the Tigers in the AFL rookie draft last week and will join the club with an eye to winning a place in the senior team.

He becomes the third Dandenong Stingray recruited by the Tigers, joining ruckman Todd Elton and forward Brett O'Hanlon at Punt Road.

Former Stingrays captain Jake Batchelor became a regular senior player last season, further adding to the Stingrays' influence at the club.

Wright said he was overwhelmed by his selection and the chance to follow his dream to become an AFL player.

"I was watching the picks online at a mate's house," he said. "When I got back home mum was pretty emotional. All my family were a bit overwhelmed but very happy for me. The Tigers have picked up a few new supporters."

Wright was thrown into the deep end last Wednesday in his first day at the club, joining a weights session before travelling to team training at Craigieburn.

He plans to develop his body and skills next year with hopes of earning elevation to the senior list.

"They have told me to slowly work my way into it," he said. "I will gradually build up to it week by week and that's what it's all about."

http://www.greaterdandenongweekly.com.au/news/local/sport/football-australian-rules/afl-stingray-rookie-joins-his-mates/2394739.aspx

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2011, 12:03:48 PM »

Seriously  ;D

Can you tell us more about the leak or will you then have to kill us?
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2011, 12:24:35 PM »
Can you tell us more about the leak or will you then have to kill us?

What leak  :-[

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2011, 12:33:23 PM »
C'mon WP, you have carried this dirty secret around for too long.

It is time to cleanse.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2011, 12:55:25 PM »
C'mon WP, you have carried this dirty secret around for too long.

It is time to cleanse.

Seriously TBR I am not sure what you mean by "Can you tell us more about the leak"

That's why I am asking what leak?