Author Topic: They really didn't think that through...  (Read 1463 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
They really didn't think that through...
« on: December 21, 2011, 03:00:09 PM »
Share your frustrations in this thread about crap you bought that just didn't work as promised.

Plastic custard bottles

Anyone bought custard in one of these tall plastic containers where under the lid they have a plastic strap which is supposed to peel of the inside seal??
Doesn't work for me!! Strap breaks EVERY TIME!!  :banghead Now I just stab them in the heart with a steak knife and let the custard pour out keg style.

Sketch-A-Graph

Anyone ever buy one of these bad boys?? I got mine from good ole K-Tel and whenever I tried to trace a map of Australia, I got Italy. EVERY TIME!!  :banghead

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
Re: They really didn't think that through...
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 05:31:22 PM »
[quote Sketch-A-Graph

Anyone ever buy one of these bad boys?? I got mine from good ole K-Tel and whenever I tried to trace a map of Australia, I got Italy. EVERY TIME!!  :banghead
[/quote] thats because its made in northern hemisphere (China) turn the damn thing upside down and it works like a dream x
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 12:14:29 AM »
I'll add a few:-

Coffee frothers
Chemical based hair removers
Any state or fed ALP or Greens policy over the last 4 years
1 ply toilet paper
2nd hand mattresses

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 05:38:03 PM »
The self-serve machines at supermarkets. They're great if you've only got a couple of items but there's no way can fit a whole shopping list on those tiny counters where you need to put your shopping in the bags. And you can't put the bags of the already scanned items elsewhere as the machine starts complaining and beeping about items not being in the "bag area". The only way around it is to scan and pay only half-a-dozen items at a time over and over :P.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 12:53:12 AM »
The self-serve machines at supermarkets. They're great if you've only got a couple of items but there's no way can fit a whole shopping list on those tiny counters where you need to put your shopping in the bags. And you can't put the bags of the already scanned items elsewhere as the machine starts complaining and beeping about items not being in the "bag area". The only way around it is to scan and pay only half-a-dozen items at a time over and over :P.

MT I actually have a fix for this. If its your generic Woolworths/BigW self serve, near the scanner there are a row of LED's which are lit either red or green. When they are red, you cannot move anything from the bagging area. Once the LED's go green, you can put everything in your trolley that has been scanned so far. They don't tell you this as I think they like to keep it more of a 12 items or less kind of thing but at Christmas time all the normal checkouts were chokka's so I did a whole trolley via self serve without a problem using this method.  :thumbsup

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 03:44:19 AM »
Anyone prepared to admit putting expensive fruit and veg through as cheaper items by weight? Actually, you don't have to answer that  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 02:03:14 PM »

MT I actually have a fix for this. If its your generic Woolworths/BigW self serve, near the scanner there are a row of LED's which are lit either red or green. When they are red, you cannot move anything from the bagging area. Once the LED's go green, you can put everything in your trolley that has been scanned so far. They don't tell you this as I think they like to keep it more of a 12 items or less kind of thing but at Christmas time all the normal checkouts were chokka's so I did a whole trolley via self serve without a problem using this method.  :thumbsup
I'll check it out next time I use the self-serve tiga  :cheers.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 10:00:17 AM »
Anyone prepared to admit putting expensive fruit and veg through as cheaper items by weight? Actually, you don't have to answer that  ;D

Personally I think if those bastards are to introduce poo like that and rob kids of jobs then it is our duty to fleece them.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

gerkin greg

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 10:10:19 AM »
4 pack of red bull
scan the barcode on the can not the cardboard
= 3 free red bulls
every time

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 10:13:16 AM »
Never thought of that.

But now I really hope they introduce self serve in the liquor store.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 12:11:57 PM »
4 pack of red bull
scan the barcode on the can not the cardboard
= 3 free red bulls
every time

Doesn't the weight of the 4 pack trigger an error when you place it on the scales in the bagging area? It would only be expecting the weight of one red bull??
I'll give it a go anyways.

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 12:15:38 PM »
I cannot stand inferior can openers. I found the love of my life about 10 years ago, the swing a way can opener

http://www.bigw.com.au/home-garden/kitchen/kitchen-utensils/bpnBIGW_0000000000850/swing-a-way-can-opener?utm_campaign=GoogleShopping