Author Topic: Votes round 1, 2005 - RFC vs Geelong  (Read 7069 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Votes round 1, 2005 - RFC vs Geelong
« on: March 27, 2005, 04:52:41 AM »
After the game today give your Tigers 3-2-1 against the Cats  :cheers.   
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 04:54:30 AM by one-eyed »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Votes round 1, 2005 - RFC vs Geelong
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 07:47:22 PM »
Oh Dear!  :banghead

3. Hyde - the only one who took the Cats on all day. One of only a few who ran and created.
2. Newman - good game in a poor side.
1. Richo - dropped a couple of marks he should have held early on but didn't stop presenting and working.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 10:27:56 PM »
3 - Hyde
2 - Newman
1 - Richo

Same as yours MT. It was a toss up between Richo and Campbell for who got the one vote from me.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

froars

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 10:38:37 PM »
3 - Hyde
2 - Newman
1 - Gaspar

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 12:10:00 AM »
3. Campbell - Just about the only player we have with a footy brain
2. Newman - Took the points against Ablett.
1. Gaspar - A vast improvement from what we saw last year and did well under constant attack

Coughlan, Richo, Hyde and Tuck were also ok in patches
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 12:44:13 AM by JohnF »

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 11:40:29 AM »
3. Newman
2. Richo - busts his balls as usual
1. Gaspar - looks like he may be back - he had that cat like run at ground level again  :thumbsup
    Hyde - This bloke is going to be the big improver  :thumbsup
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 11:42:53 AM by CUB »

Offline Roar

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • Tigers to thrive in 2005
    • www.yellowandbBlack.info/ - Where true Tigers Roar
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 12:13:38 PM »
3- Hyde  * only player to take them on and play TW's gamestyle, did it without support
2- Campbell * one of very few who went in for the ball, honest effort
1- Cogs- * 1st game back I thought was an even effort

Apologies to Tuck & Richo who had no luck, noone else was worth considering
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 12:15:37 PM by Roar »
GO TIGES !!!                   Roar

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 02:29:57 PM »
3. Hyde - 17 touches and all but one hit a Richmond target (refreshing change)
2. Richo - battled hard all day against the odds.
1. Newman - beat a very clever player in Ablett.

Also thought Gas did well, Pettifer made the most of his limited opportunities and I agree with John F about Campbell being one of our few players with a brain.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 02:48:52 PM »
In the immortal words of Rex Hunt "Goodness, gracious me" :banghead :banghead

I actually watched the replay last night and I have to say it looked worse live at the ground than on the telly.

Gotta say it's funny how differently we all view things.For example I see my mate Roar gave Cogs votes and I thought he was average at best (heck he's even managed a Golden Turnup nomination ;D) and others have rated Newman - hmm footys is a funny game

My votes: ;D

3 - Hyde - started slowly but stuck to the game plan. I'll even forgive him for that rather unfortunate kick in the last quarter :help

2 - Richo - for always presenting depsite the woeful delivery and because he didn't spit the dummy. What was that crap in todays paper anyway 'chucks a wobbly"

1 - Gaspar - his disposal has always been "iffy" but at least the movement seems to be back. I thought he did well with very little support

And finally THE GOLDEN TURNUP (aka The Johnny Manton Medal ;D).... so many nominations and it's only round 1: here's a sample:

Errrr... Cogs -v- Otten$ - a nightmare we don't need to re-live - but can anyone tell what was he thinking :-\

Errrr... Last year's winner Chaffey - I actually felt sorry for him - he tried but his disposal is costly. Could a player go through a game without having to kick?

Errrr... Ray Hall - decisions decisions? get the picture. Seriously, I said it last year and I'll say it again he just doens't seem to be physically strong enough in the man on man stuff

Errrr... Joel Bowden - man up :banghead or as the coach said on the wireless after the game ACCOUNTABILITY

And this weeks winner .....

Errrr... Greg Tivendale with his apparent skill he should hit targets if he's chipping them 30 metres and if he is not he should be kicking them 50+ metres - is it just me or do others think he looks a bit lost on the HBF ???

=====

Footnote: to all those new to OER - the Golden Turnup is my way of letting of a bit of steam by attempting a bit humour on the moments that made me cringe ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 02:53:07 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2005, 03:21:02 PM »
Errrr... Cogs -v- Otten$ - a nightmare we don't need to re-live - but can anyone tell what was he thinking :-\

Cogs handballed to Cambo who's back to Cogs went over his head and bounced. Cogs had to turn around and pick up the ball. By that time he was a sitting duck to Otten$ who pinned his free arm. Another great handgranade handball moment  :scream.

Errrr... Greg Tivendale with his apparent skill he should hit targets if he's chipping them 30 metres and if he is not he should be kicking them 50+ metres - is it just me or do others think he looks a bit lost on the HBF ???

Tivs has no defensive side to his game or at least a defensive side that isn't good enough to play in defence. His need to always get on his left is also a liability in defence as he needs to backtract if caught on his right. By that time he is under severe pressure. The other thing that happened yesterday was Mark Thomson pushed Tivs opponent Mackie deep into the forward pocket. Stopped Tivs generating any run for us as well allowing Mackie to out mark Tivs in 1-on-1 duels as Tivs was 6 inches shorter. Wallace should have moved Tivs of him earlier. Rather Pettifer played in defence even though Kayne kicked 3 goals.

He should be played on a HFF and where he can mark/play on and have shots from 50-60m out. I couldn't believe when he had that free on the 50 and he popped it up to the square. You're the longest kick in the side Tivs who can make that kind of distance easily. Have a shot for goodness sake!  :banghead
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 03:36:48 PM »

Cogs handballed to Cambo who's back to Cogs went over his head and bounced. Cogs had to turn around and pick up the ball. By that time he was a sitting duck to Otten$ who pinned his free arm. Another great handgranade handball moment  :scream.

Wasn't it Kellaway who did that handball to Cogs? If it was Cambo, I take away those 3 votes and give him 1 ;D

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2005, 03:43:18 PM »
 :rollin :rollin

MT & JohnF: You're both wrong it was poor Tommy Roach - who got dragged straight after executing the handball ;D

Agree it was a shocking handball but my problem was Cogs ran in a straight line :banghead :banghead past Mr Jelly Otten$ - didn't try and run in an ark or turn the opposite way - just a dead straight line - made the sitting duck a lame duck IMO. It seemed to me from where I was sitting that he's first thought was "I am taking you on here rather than I've gotta get away from you".

It was costly - the handball, the works. It was just made worse by the Geelong player who laid the tackle :'(

Actually Tommy was saved from a TGT nomination because he's only played 9 games of AFL footy - his time will come  :rollin
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 03:45:40 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2005, 03:48:07 PM »
lol WP. I at least give Coughlan credit for having the arrogance to think that he could outstrengthen Ottens with one arm as opposed to Ottens' two arms.  :lol

Ahh poor Tommy, back to the 'burg son.

lmfaooo@Wallace dragging him. You could just imagine the anger he would have felt after giving it to Ottens all week, to have Ottens pull our pants down so to speak.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 03:52:01 PM by JohnF »

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2005, 10:15:33 AM »
3. Newman
2. Hyde
1. Gaspar

I got the rest off my chest on another thread.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2005, 07:10:20 AM »
After watching the game again....... :thumbsup

3 votes - Newman - Close checking Ablett, kept him quiet
2 votes - Richo - Tried hard, chased kicks, kicked goals. 
1 vote - Campbell - played like a leader.  Set up a number of advances.

Apologies to Hyde, Cogs, Gaspar and Tuck who all showed some form.  I had Lids down with 2 votes at the end of the 1st quarter.  He looks the goods.