Author Topic: Dont Worry About It !  (Read 2048 times)

Ox

Dont Worry About It !
« on: March 27, 2005, 10:52:28 PM »

Dont Worry About It !

We all said we weren't gonna expect anything much this year so let's not.

Let WALLY get a feel for the inside workings of the club on match day before we let it KILL US !!! :rollin :banghead

We need to support this guy and ignore the crap our detractors fire about him.

We'll be better off without afew of the seniors and that will happen end of year.

Just wait and see.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
Re: Dont Worry About It !
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 11:04:27 PM »
The only thing Wallace needs to do is get rid of these players at years' end:

Hilton
Chaffey
Campbell
Graham
Morrison
Stafford
Kellaway
Hall
Tivendale

Other than that it doesn't matter what he does this year.

froars

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 11:08:25 PM »
The honeymoon is over for Wallace.
He has to earn respect as well as the players.

Ox

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 11:44:39 PM »

Hilton
Chaffey
Campbell
Graham
Morrison
Stafford
Kellaway
Hall
Tivendale

Wow JohnBoy - u seem really dirty. :thumbsup

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 12:12:58 AM »
Wasn't surprised in the slightest by what happened today and it will happen again. Expect some big hidings latter in the year and another huge turnover of personell at seasons end. JohnF that list of yours looks like it's on the Money. I'd be rotating the kids through the side as much as possible to beef up the experieance levels. By mid next year we hopefully will be at a level close to where Carlton is at the moment.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 05:40:34 AM »
You're right Ox. Fixing up this mess is a long-term task for Wallace and the Club as a whole and we've all been saying on here for ages that 2005 will be a write-off. Just ticked off that even though the Cats were missing 3 main defenders as well as their CHF we still caved insipidly. 

One concern I have is how this will affect our membership numbers. Although yesterday's game was just a true reflection of where both sides are at, for the Club it was possibly the worst result if we're trying to convince supporters that it's a new dawn and things had changed over summer.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

letsgetiton!

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 09:21:55 AM »

Hilton
Chaffey
Campbell
Graham
Morrison
Stafford
Kellaway
Hall
Tivendale

THATS  a ridiculous statement!
ox is right, give tw some time to sort out the team, u cant do it during practice matches!

u havent evenb seen hilton, morison and stafford play under tw, and staff is still our best ruck and we need him!

once meyer develops, tambling comes back, add staff, hartigan, raines, shultz and hilton(at least he has balls) our team will play diff

limbach will be a star, mcguane likewise
polo is tuff patterson shows promise, do u think the cats and starts had success str8 away! no , so why will we be different!

Bulluss

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 10:32:34 AM »
u havent evenb seen hilton,

I think we have seen enough of this overweight, overrated, undiscplined DUD

John F is on the money, the only one i would question is Staff and that is only if he is right and can be a contibutor this season. If he cant get fit and give the team somthing then he should be given the flick.

Lets look at this list a little closer.

Hilton: Been given too many chances, has the talent but doesnt try 100% or put in 100% on the track. Has always been overweight and not fit enough for AFL standard. He best was 4-5 years ago. Absolute DUD and shouldnt be there this season.

Chaffey: Another who backside was saved due to the fact that we had too many DUD's last season. He constant turnovers yesterday showed exactly why he isnt up to AFL standard.

Campbell: I have been a fan of Campbell and think he can give us something out of a forward pocket this season. Already said it will be his last year, so good luck to him. I dont want to see him playing outside the forward 50 though.

Graham: May be able to fill a spot for this year to develop a Kelvin Moore or Jay Shultz, would keep him before Kellaway.

Morrison: Prob a bit stiff to dropped last year early on, but if he was any good he would have done well at Coburg and got his spot back. Another dud we have drafted and paid good money.

Stafford: Could be our best ruckman but needs to get himself fit, already said himself that he wont play on if he doesnt think he can contibute.

Kellaway: No brain, no skills. Only thing going for him is that he try's his heart out, but that just doesnt cut it at AFL level. Too many turnovers which result in goals.

Hall: I am undecided on Hall, may still be able to develop into a handy player and is versatile. I fear he may follow Kellaway in the fact that he has a peanut for a brain and makes stupid decisions.

Tivendale: Again he has no heart, would win the role of the lion in Wizard of Oz hands down. Can be our best disposer of the ball but for some reason he constantly turns it over and costs us goals.

Thats my spin on those players anyway.

I also agree with Ox, that Wallace needs time to work everyone out. You can play as much practise games as you want but its only when the real stuff starts that you can see what the players are really like.

Look at the Brisbane game, they played us with a very similar team to what they had against the Saints, we flogged them down here but they looked pretty good to me on Thursday night.

Once again i think yesterday was a case of our players thinking their Sh*t doesnt stink as has happened many times in the past.

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 12:10:20 PM »
Excellent view on those players Bull,

But going on Yesterday Re- Kellaway he was always behind his man and just didnt even seem interested

We all know TW needs time thats not in question but after a 10 goal pants job its hard to sit back and let the players not take the responsibility for their actions. Terry isnt the issue IMO its the lack of heart and the dropping of heads when the opposition kick 2 goals in a row.

The quicker we can get 50 games into our youngsters the better, but I'm not going to enjoy this year because its going to be ugly going on yesterdays performance.
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline Roar

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • Tigers to thrive in 2005
    • www.yellowandbBlack.info/ - Where true Tigers Roar
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2005, 12:54:28 PM »
We played a very slick unit on Sunday I predict Gelong will finish top 2 very quick smart footy, we were outclassed,  the one positive we can take out of the game is that we won the last Qtr.

Last year we would have just compounded and got thumped by 20 goals sitting there watching first hand it seemed the cats had 85% of possession and the stats will bear this out, despite this we had only 12 less scoring shots.

Don't judge us by this performance there will be plenty of sides that cop a thrashing by Geelong this year. The poor part of our effort came from our leadership group all of whom were dragged at one stage or another and our older players exept for Cambpell & Gas.

I predict we'll beat the hawks by 10 gaols next week, this week just showed us where we stand and that is top 4 teams will thrash us but we will be competeitive against sides 6 - 12 we should escape the bottom 4.

GO TIGES !!!                   Roar

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 01:41:45 PM »
One concern I have is how this will affect our membership numbers. Although yesterday's game was just a true reflection of where both sides are at, for the Club it was possibly the worst result if we're trying to convince supporters that it's a new dawn and things had changed over summer.

I don't think they sell very many this week :P.

Dont Worry About It !

We all said we weren't gonna expect anything much this year so let's not.

Let WALLY get a feel for the inside workings of the club on match day before we let it KILL US !!! :rollin :banghead

We need to support this guy and ignore the crap our detractors fire about him.

We'll be better off without afew of the seniors and that will happen end of year.

Just wait and see.

All I wanted was for us to be competitive and we weren't and that was the most disappointing thing.

The "usual suspects" let us down again. What can you say :banghead

I thought it was interesting what Wallace had to say about those "seniors" after the game on both TripleM and 3AW, in particular Joel Bowden. He was very critical of the lack of accountability and selfishness.

The one positive I took out of the game was that the Coach was not afraid to bench our so called "stars". For that I say - FINALLY :bow

We all know TW needs time thats not in question but after a 10 goal pants job its hard to sit back and let the players not take the responsibility for their actions. Terry isnt the issue IMO its the lack of heart and the dropping of heads when the opposition kick 2 goals in a row.

Spot on PRR - it's all about ACCOUNTABILITY

Hall: I am undecided on Hall, may still be able to develop into a handy player and is versatile. I fear he may follow Kellaway in the fact that he has a peanut for a brain and makes stupid decisions.

It is your last point Bull regarding Hall that makes me think that despite his versatility he is a liability. His decision making is lamentable and that effects his disposal, which equals skill errors and we cannot afford that.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ox

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2005, 01:49:37 PM »
Graham: May be able to fill a spot for this year to develop a Kelvin Moore or Jay Shultz, would keep him before Kellaway.

Morrison: Prob a bit stiff to dropped last year early on, but if he was any good he would have done well at Coburg and got his spot back. Another dud we have drafted and paid good money.

Stafford: Could be our best ruckman but needs to get himself fit, already said himself that he wont play on if he doesnt think he can contibute.

Kellaway: No brain, no skills. Only thing going for him is that he try's his heart out, but that just doesnt cut it at AFL level. Too many turnovers which result in goals.

Tivendale: Again he has no heart, would win the role of the lion in Wizard of Oz hands down. Can be our best disposer of the ball but for some reason he constantly turns it over and costs us goals.

The best message to send come years end would be to off load Tivendale and Kellaway.

I like Stafford as he is a big,dirty bastard that can hold his own up forward.

Hall will be stuffed if the only dudes he has to look to are the former, along with GASPAR.

Defintiely have to get rid of

Kellaway  - comical and past his use by date

Tivendale - Just plain Gay

Bowden - the only one we may get something for.If u cant see the fact the guy is a sneaky,lazy prik then look closer.
Hes no a leaders a-hole mate !

Play most of the kids this year and get ready to be rodgered.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2005, 02:33:13 PM »

Hilton
Chaffey
Campbell
Graham
Morrison
Stafford
Kellaway
Hall
Tivendale

THATS  a ridiculous statement!
ox is right, give tw some time to sort out the team, u cant do it during practice matches!

u havent evenb seen hilton, morison and stafford play under tw, and staff is still our best ruck and we need him!

once meyer develops, tambling comes back, add staff, hartigan, raines, shultz and hilton(at least he has balls) our team will play diff

limbach will be a star, mcguane likewise
polo is tuff patterson shows promise, do u think the cats and starts had success str8 away! no , so why will we be different!

CUB, PRR and Ox are spot on.

I'll reserve judgement on the youngsters until they are given the time needed to hit their peaks.

The list I mentioned contained guys that are either past their used by date or were never really up to it to begin with.

Hilton: lmfaoooo@becoming a star under wallace. This guy only remained on the list out of sympathy because he done his knee. Had he played the year out he would have been the first one cut. Lazy player who has talent but no application or discipline.

Chaffey: tries hard and is courageous but his foot skills are a liability and he is no tagger. So that pretty much says he is incompetant as a backman and as a midfielder.

Campbell: Will retire.

Graham: Can't understand why we drafted him in the first place. We already had old heads like Kellaway and Gaspar in the backline, we don't need any token experienced players there, especially when they are as lame as Graham.

Morrison: lmfaoooo@the rationale that he only wasn't getting a game at Brisbane because he was sharing the same position as Jonathan Brown. lmfaooo@people inferring that he was just slightly below Jonathan Brown's standard from that fact. Is struggling to get a game at Coburg.

Stafford: He's ok but he is old, injury prone and on his last legs. Maybe one more year after this but i wouldn't be surprised at all if he calls it a day at years end.

Kellaway: offers no run from the backline, his decision making is poor and he always puts other backman under pressure by constantly being in two minds about things. Has been good for us with his courage and dedication, but his time is up.

Hall: we must eliminate all uncos from our team and he's the biggest one. May survive due to the lack of genuine talls on our list but come on this guys skills, decision making and coordination are laughable.

Tivendale: Has no footy brain and his sole virtue is his raking left foot (whihc he sometmes doesn't use propely). Has no accountability either.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2005, 06:58:33 PM »
tw said today at a press conference that he has given all the experienced guys 1 months notice , play his way or coburg 4 ever! he wont hesitate playing th ekids