Author Topic: Hardwick on 3aw @ 7.30pm  (Read 3414 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick on 3aw @ 7.30pm
« on: January 25, 2012, 07:15:33 PM »
Dimma coming up on 3aw with Healy and Russell sometime before 8pm tonight.

So tune into 693AM in Melbourne or listen over the web via http://www.3aw.com.au/
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 07:40:14 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Hardwick on 3aw
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 07:39:00 PM »
pity they crapped on for so long about free agency.

You have to wonder about these clowns. they asked about post but didnt know if he was still on the list or not  :wallywink
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Hardwick on 3aw @ 7.30pm
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 07:39:45 PM »
Summary

* Free agency - it's going to be a funny one and become more frequent as the years progress as more players become available under free agency. Something that's come into the game and we have to live with. It's become more common as we go along.

* No doubt you'd like to get your best players like Lids such signed up early. We have 5-6 guys in that category. List manager does that job and we'll do our upmost to make Brett happy and get him re-signed.

* Dimma is an advocate for more player movement not less. He believes AFL lists are too rigid as there's no movement for 12 months. It also helps both club and player. We could have got John McCarthy who we were keen on if free agency was around last year.

* Anything that makes rebuilding of your list faster is a good thing. We all want to get better quicker. You don't want to be down at 17/18th for long. Not good for the comp. to have so too many teams out of contention early on. Helps coaches too to avoid being sacked.

* Dimma is very happy with the new coaches brought in - Ross Smith and Mark Williams. Adds more experience to the coaching staff.

* Healy and Russell didn't know Postie was still on our list  ::)  :wallywink. Dimma said it's a make or break year for Postie. He's a slow developer in terms of his body development but he's finally lost the puffy fat, built up his body strength and explosive speed off the mark. We're expecting a big year from him. We need him to step as a key position player.

* Dimma was then asked if he had his back 6 settled in his mind. Believes we developed Grimes and Rance last year. We want to move Lids and Newy into the midfield. There's still positions that need rectifying but we believe we have the talent down there. We're trying Griffs and Postie in defence. There's young guys like Matt Dea and we've brought in Morris. We've got the players there but they are inexperienced and need gametime under their belts.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:02:56 PM by one-eyed »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 05:18:19 AM »
The acid test has clearly now been put on Postie by Dimma. Seems he is getting first dibs at CHB although Dimma said in one of his responses that Postie can play both key defence and key forward.

As for our back six it seems Dimma has in mind:

B:    Grimes    Rance        Morris
HB:   Dea      Post/Griffs   Houli

Batchelor must fit somewhere in there as well you'd presume. I'd have him ahead of Dea. Ellis is another who can play that half-back flanker role.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 11:27:02 AM »
What about Astbury?
Go Tigers!

tony_montana

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 03:45:26 PM »
Rance and Grimes have 2 of the 3 tall spots covered, would think Post, Astbury & McGuane would be battling for 3rd tall.  Regardless of what Dimma says, I just cant see Griff getting CHB on merit, hes not a CHB's ahole

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 06:54:17 PM »
What about Astbury?

Injured with a knee recently, won't be available for seniors till at least mid-season.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 07:17:11 PM »
I would of thought Griff would be playing the preseason in the backline to learn about defensive forward work and how defenders play rather than to become a backman...

We recruited him as a forward, thats where he played in the games he played last year.....why do some think he will now become a backman just because he is "being tried down there"??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

gerkin greg

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 10:00:05 PM »
Because people take sound bites as a Lord of the Rings trilogy

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 10:05:53 PM »
We recruited him as a forward, thats where he played in the games he played last year.....
Don't look too deeply into history T WA T, it will give you a headache.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2012, 10:18:05 PM »
We recruited him as a forward, thats where he played in the games he played last year.....

Sorry lost me..... :huh

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2012, 11:47:08 PM »

he'd probably talking about all the forwards that have become outstanding backman

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2012, 11:53:51 PM »

he'd probably talking about all the forwards that have become outstanding backman

Honestly, go read his other thread and if you get any logic out of that then I will believe you.

"Rucks: