Author Topic: Coburg-Geelong [REVIEW]  (Read 973 times)

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
Coburg-Geelong [REVIEW]
« on: March 28, 2005, 12:08:47 PM »
I couldnt find a thread or a better location for this topic so I thought I would start it hear. Did anyone go watch the game? We got there just after quarter-time. Was interesting viewing....we got over-ran by a fitter and cleaner Geelong side. I saw some positives in there but at the same time there were a few dissapointments.

My tidbids:
+ Staff was ok. If he can hold up fitness wise, he will play this week;
+ Raines was class. I dont know what his dad was like but my god when he charges through the middle and busts packs open, I salivate;
+ Tambling looked like he was struggling to run (inside word from a Coburg player is his gluteals are hurting him);
+ Patterson looked good. Very athletic and should develop into a very good player;
+ I also like Archibald's movements, might not be ready yet but I thought he held his own;
+ Gilmour -> Thumbs down....what a waste of a high pick;
+ Take note RFC: The crowd was healthy. Please play as many games at Punt Road before Richmond as possible, I and everyone there loved it.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Coburg-Geelong [REVIEW]
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 12:27:50 PM »
+ Raines was class. I dont know what his dad was like but my god when he charges through the middle and busts packs open, I salivate;

+ Take note RFC: The crowd was healthy. Please play as many games at Punt Road before Richmond as possible, I and everyone there loved it.

Mate I can tell you watching Raines is like going in a time machine it was just like watching his old man. Even the way he walked back to the centre with hand on hip at one stage sent me back in time.

Best crowd I have seen at Punt road for a while - We were discussing this and realistically Coburg should just move to Punt Road.

Lets face it I am a VFA fan from way back but these days the game as it was known is dead and only a handful of original VFA club supporters remain. It is now a seconds comp plain and simple.

You can keep games at Coburg in the middle of winter where 500 Richmond fans and 100 Coburg fans turn out or play it at Punt road and get a couple of thousand each week. Sorry state and I am sorry it has ended like this but that is the way it is plain and simple.

I have a die hard Richmond mate who Barracks for willy and because of his stubborness he refuses to budge (one of a limited few).
Mate do I give him some stick - HOW the F can u follow a buch of poowood hacks - And the good old Williamstown forever song - LMFAO.

End note - If Coburg games are played at Punt road we will only have to pay 3.50 for a can instead of the 4.00 Richmond charge  :cheers

Offline Roar

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • Tigers to thrive in 2005
    • www.yellowandbBlack.info/ - Where true Tigers Roar
Re: Coburg-Geelong [REVIEW]
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 12:37:55 PM »
I dropped in at punt Road late in the game couldn't believe the crowd it was packed surely a sign Coburg should be playing there prior to all Richmond home games at the 'G'. 
GO TIGES !!!                   Roar