Author Topic: Burning Question #4 - Can Brett Deledio become an elite midfielder?  (Read 3091 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Burning Question No. 4: Brett Deledio
By Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au
Thu 09 Feb, 2012

Can Brett Deledio become one of the elite midfielders of the competition?

Read full article at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/128752/default.aspx

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Burning Question #4 - Can Brett Deledio become an elite midfielder?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 04:21:48 PM »
Is going to be given every chance. We'll soon find out.

tony_montana

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 05:04:57 PM »
He will finally be recognised as elite of the comp this season

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 07:47:38 PM »
Not a burning q, err yup
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 01:41:37 AM »
Apparently not worthy of a leadership role either according to the ground peanuts.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 03:17:53 AM »
Apparently not worthy of a leadership role either according to the ground peanuts.

Hey listen stupid, go back and search the threads, the one I started saying Deledeo must move to the centre and stay there.

Thread asks if he can become an elite midfielder...PEANUT!

Yes he can.....will it be at the RFC......who knows, I hope so.

He should only be in the leadership group when he commits to the club! That doesn't mean he can't lead.....he doesn't deserve it if he leaves.

Get it right.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 11:24:32 AM »
In his short career I haven't seen anything to indicate that he can win his own ball. Seems to play 'bruise-free' football. I think he will make an excellent wingman but as to rotating through the stoppages and getting into the packs I'm unconvinced.  :-\

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 11:28:34 AM »
In his short career I haven't seen anything to indicate that he can win his own ball. Seems to play 'bruise-free' football. I think he will make an excellent wingman but as to rotating through the stoppages and getting into the packs I'm unconvinced.  :-\

Whhaaaaaaat? Deledio is one of the hardest players at the club. Tough as nails.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 12:26:25 PM »

Are your serious stripes? Clearly you are but........

Suggest you have a closer look at his games. As starting point game -v- Demons last year late in the season, two massive bone jarring, goal saving tackles that happen just in the final qtr (plenty  before that BTW)

Also check out the 2011 game against C'wood, St Kilda, Swans (both), then go back to 2010 there's some good stuff there....
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

gerkin greg

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2012, 12:43:37 PM »
And what was the game he did his elbow diving in and under and Richo was boundary riding and said he could be out for a long time only for Lids to come storming back on after the break? Tim Watson & Commetti were lauding his toughness in the box.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2012, 01:27:14 PM »
And what was the game he did his elbow diving in and under and Richo was boundary riding and said he could be out for a long time only for Lids to come storming back on after the break? Tim Watson & Commetti were lauding his toughness in the box.

Not sure about that one gerks

But do remember him going off in a game (not sure if it was Eagles or Dockers) in Perth a couple of years back when he hurt his knee and they were saying he was gone and he was back on within 15 minutes

Which brings me to another game people should have look if they think he plays "bruise free footy" - Round 22 2009 against the Eagles, he was captain that night and gee he stood up, only bloke that did but that was the night that a lot of Tiger fans saw what a good leader he is
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 04:59:36 PM »
More than happy to be proven wrong but when he played midfield for us in the past I really saw him at the bottom of the pack feeding it out to a running team mate. He typically hovered around the outside of the packs. Maybe I have it all wrong and he will become the best midfielder in the team this year through his fearless attack on the ball....I hope for the teams sake he does  :pray

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 07:37:55 PM »

Some valid criticisms based on earlier career efforts but Hardwick has rounded Lids as a footballer Stripes. Hard work, defence & 1%s are things he once didn't readily have.
He's matured as a footballer and has a better support crew in the middle compared with the Wallet years. The coaches expectations are higher too.
Let him loose as an onballer now and it's a whole different ball game.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 08:11:10 PM »

Some valid criticisms based on earlier career efforts but Hardwick has rounded Lids as a footballer Stripes. Hard work, defence & 1%s are things he once didn't readily have.
He's matured as a footballer and has a better support crew in the middle compared with the Wallet years. The coaches expectations are higher too.
Let him loose as an onballer now and it's a whole different ball game.

I believe you're right MM1 Hope he tears it up this year. Just hope after he does he stays at the club....

tony_montana

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2012, 09:47:08 PM »

:lol

struck a cord with that one DT  :shh