Author Topic: Brett Deledio in mix to play against Carlton in Round 1 (Herald-Sun)  (Read 3255 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond's Brett Deledio in mix to play against Carlton in Round 1

Glenn McFarlane
    Sunday Herald Sun
    February 11, 2012 6:49PM

RICHMOND star Brett Deledio is in the mix to play in the Round 1 clash with Carlton after scans of his injured hamstring on Saturday revealed only minor damage.

Deledio threw a scare into the Tiger camp when he limped from the field early in Friday's intra-club practice match at Whitten Oval.

Scans on Saturday morning detailed some minor issues that will keep him out of the early rounds of the NAB Cup, but club officials believe he can still be available for later pre-season games.

The Tigers meet Hawthorn and North Melbourne in the opening NAB Cup games at Etihad Stadium on Friday night.

Hawthorn is TAB Sportsbet's $3.50 favourite to win the NAB Cup, with Collingwood $4 and Geelong $5.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmonds-brett-deledio-in-mix-to-play-against-carlton-in-round-1/story-e6frf9jf-1226268588115

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Brett Deledio in mix to play against Carlton in Round 1 (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 12:06:40 AM »
Probably just the Geelong game.  Wouldn't risk the flight to face Freo.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 08:48:30 AM »
Disappointing that we couldn't see the new midfield unit in full flight and give them some time to gel together before the season proper. Lids moving into the center was the biggest positive change I could see from last year to this so having him go down, even for a few weeks, dampens my expectations somewhat. I'm sure he'll be right to go in no time and it's better this happened at this stage of the preseason rather than during the fitness stage. Hey, who knows, perhaps the club is foxing and making sure none of the opposition get a chance to see how our new midfield with structure up/work together before the start of the season.... :whistle  :P

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 08:50:06 AM »
With Carlton game 5 weeks away they seem to be cutting it pretty fine.  Why wouldnt he be ready for the game for minor hammy?
Is it more serious than a normal hammy?

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 09:09:39 AM »
With Carlton game 5 weeks away they seem to be cutting it pretty fine.  Why wouldnt he be ready for the game for minor hammy?

Normal hammy's can take 3 weeks to recover from but maybe this one is more back related??? The fitness staff are always more cautious at this time of the year as opposed to the season proper. You never know what's really going on....

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 09:10:42 AM »
Apparently Scott from North Melbourne and Eddie Maguire were watching this intra club match according to the news I saw.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 09:24:15 AM »
Apparently Scott from North Melbourne and Eddie Maguire were watching this intra club match according to the news I saw.

correct, heard that on SEN also...
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 11:05:08 AM »
Eddie would be tuning up to call footy rather than spying I would think.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 05:05:02 PM »

Th least this happened to one of our guns, it was Mattie knights in the pre season comp against the Roos and it was the same story - he'd be fine for round 1, which became r3 and then r8. He was stuffed for the season but the club played it down to avoidnthe impact to membership sales.
Hmmmm
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 07:35:58 PM »
Well let's hope he is right for round 1, couldn't care less about the NAB Cup, he must play round 1 though.... :pray
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 07:47:43 PM »
What if he needs to play NAB cup to be right for round one?
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 08:29:42 PM »
What if he needs to play NAB cup to be right for round one?

Why? If he did a hammy in the season would come back through Coburg...if it was a 1-2 week injury...no.

He will be fit enough round one if the hammy comes good over the next two weeks and he will get game in.

I meant I couldn't care less about risking him in rpthe Nab

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

gerkin greg

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 09:16:35 PM »

It was the other Scott, the one that coached the Premiers. North Scott couldn't afford the tram fare.

gerkin greg

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 09:22:44 PM »
Well let's hope he is right for round 1, couldn't care less about the NAB Cup, he must play round 1 though.... :pray

I thought you were dead keen on the NAB Cup  :huh

We need to try and go as far as we can.

Would love to win it or at least make the final.

Membership numbers will increase significantly.

Totally agree and I have been saying this year after year.....but alas I have been shot down year after year too for saying it... :thumbsup

We need to go into the season with a winning attitude and confidence, you dont get that by losing games, NAB cup or not..

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 10:57:03 PM »

I thought you were dead keen on the NAB Cup  :huh

We need to try and go as far as we can.

Would love to win it or at least make the final.

Membership numbers will increase significantly.

Totally agree and I have been saying this year after year.....but alas I have been shot down year after year too for saying it... :thumbsup

We need to go into the season with a winning attitude and confidence, you dont get that by losing games, NAB cup or not..

Sorry, I meant I couldn't care if Deledeo plays or not, so long as he is right for round one...

I still want us to go hammer and tongs at the Cup, but not at the expense of a plyer like Lids.

"Rucks: