Author Topic: Hardwick's next contract discussion [merged]  (Read 14709 times)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: Mick Malthouse distances himself from Richmond rumours (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #165 on: March 02, 2012, 03:17:17 PM »
Oh FFS, It means nothing! K.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Richmond to re-sign Hardwick within the next month: Caro
« Reply #166 on: March 02, 2012, 03:20:29 PM »
CARO!!!!  Where is my Dancing CARO!!
Lots of people name their swords......

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #167 on: March 02, 2012, 05:27:11 PM »
I don't beleive I asked WHAT it means, guys.

I was actually talking to Roon Dog, guys. You got that, guys? K, Guys?   >:(

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #168 on: March 02, 2012, 05:29:43 PM »
Another "news" story that says....well.... basically nothing

What a surprise

Yep an absolute nothing of an article. Must be a very slow news day at the hs.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #169 on: March 02, 2012, 06:49:00 PM »

Im glad you popped on actually, when is this pot hole gonna be fixed out front of my place you feckin eedjut?
Lots of people name their swords......

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #170 on: March 02, 2012, 07:33:10 PM »

Im glad you popped on actually, when is this pot hole gonna be fixed out front of my place you feckin eedjut?

Who be this?

How dare you  >:(

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #171 on: March 02, 2012, 08:35:22 PM »
If Checker Hughes or Dan Minogue were still alive some dipskata journo on award wages would be writing a story about either of them linked to us.

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Richmond to re-sign Hardwick within the next month: Caro
« Reply #172 on: March 02, 2012, 08:44:33 PM »
the journos will be making up stories all year
so they can claim to be the news breaker on this issue.

time to shut up shop RFC.
and i reckon BG is the best person to control this situation
and allow the club to run its own agenda not some
journos that love shooting the breeze with made up crap.

Until either Kim Hagdorn, Tim Gossage or Karl Langdon come up with something all that will be written or said will only be cloak and dagger. :lol :rollin :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond should end Hardwick doubt (SNF)
« Reply #173 on: March 02, 2012, 11:07:55 PM »
Until either Kim Hagdorn, Tim Gossage or Karl Langdon come up with something all that will be written or said will only be cloak and dagger. :lol :rollin :lol
Kim must have heard you Tucky  :lol

Richmond should end Hardwick doubt

By Kim Hagdorn
Sports News First
2 March 2012

RICHMOND is almost certain to retain Damien Hardwick as senior coach beyond this year.

So, the sooner it is done the better.

Reappointment of the senior coach will be the benefit for everyone in the AFL community, especially Richmond as an organisation, Hardwick as the coach with future plans as well as his players.

It seems only a matter until theEssendon and Port Adelaide premiership tough nut is reaffirmed as Tigers coach for a further tilt at generating potential finals glory at one of the competition’s genuinely traditional organisations.

Everything from around Tigerland indicates that Hardwick has an powerful rapport and respect among his player group and there is a genuine commitment to continue mounting a serious assault at making finals and staying in the top eight for a sustained period.

That strong bond can’t be ignored and surely won’t be, by president Gary March as well as his board of directors and chief executive Brendon Gale.

There is a coterie group lurking around the edges of Richmond with renewed Tigers premiership ambitions that continues to make noises behind the scenes of establishing a slush fund to ultimately attract triple flag winning coach Mick Malthouse back to Punt Road.

Malthouse is out of coaching this year for the first time in almost 30 seasons after a highly contentious succession plan implementation from Pies officials to replace the coaching great with Collingwood legend Nathan Buckley.

Malthouse engineered a West Coast Eagles pioneering flag heists in 1992 and ’94 and then took Collingwood to a euphoric 2010 premiership among his 664-game career that started with Footscray back in 1984.

He is probably even oblivious to clandestine endeavours to lure his coaching talents back to Richmond where as a ruthless back-pocket he was a member of the Tigers 1980 title-winning unit under then coach Tony Jewell.

But until March and Gale quash all raging speculation of a Malthouse appointment it will continue as one of the AFL’s biggest stories of the 2012 season.

That sort of uncertainty, if the Tigers hierarchy are committed to Hardwick’s development plan, can only linger unnecessarily.

Hardwick and his young Tigers have an especially rocky start to the 2012 premiership home-and-away campaign and realistically could be almost out of finals chances by the end of April.

The Tigers start with Carlton and Collingwood, before taking on an equally young and emerging unit in Melbourne all at the MCG.

Then it’s down the road to the unsavoury Simonds Stadium against reigning premiers Geelong and then an Etihad Stadium engagement with a star-studded and 2012 top-four candidate West Coast in Round 5 on Sunday April 29.

Unless Hardwick and his Tigers can pull off a few surprise wins over four genuine premiership fancies for this season as well as knock over the Demons, it is potentially a horror start for Richmond’s finals prospects.

Even after that highly confronting start to their season, the Tigers still face the likes of Essendon, Hawthorn, St Kilda and Fremantle in a four-game block between Rounds 8-11, before an outing at a foreign Skoda Stadium against Greater Western Sydney.

If the Tigers are genuinely committed to Hardwick, as appears to be the case from informed AFL insiders, then a more appropriate time to confirm that faith is nearer to now rather than later.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2012/03/02/richmond-should-end-hardwick-doubt/

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond should end Hardwick doubt (SNF)
« Reply #174 on: March 03, 2012, 12:40:28 AM »
This article is rubbish, and the reason being. It is 2-3 articles from the last week rehashed into something new and boring...
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: March 03, 2012, 01:05:11 AM »
Thanks Kim. :wallywink

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #176 on: March 03, 2012, 08:22:33 AM »

Richmond should end Hardwick doubt

By Kim Hagdorn
Sports News First
2 March 2012

RICHMOND is almost certain to retain Damien Hardwick as senior coach beyond this year.

So, the sooner it is done the better.

Reappointment of the senior coach will be the benefit for everyone in the AFL community, especially Richmond as an organisation, Hardwick as the coach with future plans as well as his players.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2012/03/02/richmond-should-end-hardwick-doubt/

Erm Kim.....I would have thought having a bit of pressure hanging over the coach to perform would actually benefit Richmond as an organisation and Hardwicks as a coach. As for benefitting the Afl community, well who gives a stuff really, but if you include yourself in that group, having him not sign gives you an open window to write more crap and earn a living out of the situation.

So the sooner it's done the better? Wrong.

More like its better if it's done in a few months time.

gerkin greg

« Reply #177 on: March 03, 2012, 12:35:49 PM »
Bring back Kim Duthie

The People's Kim

TigerTimeII

« Reply #178 on: March 03, 2012, 04:16:02 PM »
Why the stuff can't the media just stop trying to make news about us when there is no stuffing news... I swear they want us to self destruct again

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #179 on: March 03, 2012, 05:29:41 PM »
Bring back Kim Duthie

The People's Kim
:lol