Author Topic: Non-Richmond games 2012  (Read 67698 times)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Non-Richmond games 2012
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2012, 05:29:36 PM »
GWS are getting smashed by a undermanned hawks team. There season will be ugly which is no surprise. AFL should of made them trade or pick up more senior players given GC games was a farce at times last year.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2012, 06:13:20 PM »
It's a 11 goal loss (treating all goals as 6 points - 14.18 to 4.10) so it was obviously one-sided but not a 100+ point total annihlation. It was their first full 4- quarter competitive match and they've done better than we did preseason 2010 against the Hawks down there. They'll win a game or two this year against the other bottom sides. GWS main glaring issue is their forward line structure. There's no big key forward to rely on with Izzy still learning the game and the rest being kids. Never thought I would ever say a side needed Setanta O'hAilpan  :o but they do need him. As with many young sides they push back and then there's no one ahead of the play to kick to. It's a temporary issue anyway as in 5 years time they'll have a top side - Coniglio and Smith are ready made; Cameron, Tyson, Greene and a couple of others showed enough also; Giles competes well enough in the ruck; speedy Wilson was their most lively forward. I actually thought it was a few of their senior experienced players that were disappointing today (ie. Scully).

The thing that sucks is Hawthorn are gifted a % booster win in the NAB Cup while others club like us have to travel to play Freo and Geelong. It makes a farce of the preseason comp. that some sides are given a carpet ride into a preseason GF while others have no chance due to the tough draw they are given. The AFL should at least make some effort to weight the preseason fixture. For example if you're playing GWS then your other games should be against top 4 opposition.

Btw Essendon and St Kilda game in Wangaratta has been cancalled because the Bombers couldn't get a flight up there. The Saints went by bus so they made it. The game has been called a draw. A right royal stuff up as I believe AFL rules state that a team needs to arrive at least 24 hours before the game starts if flying by plane.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

dwaino

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2012, 07:46:12 PM »
I thought Tomlinson really came out of his shell in the second half. Might chuck him in my forward line in SC/DT to replace Brownie and load up another premium running defender.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2012, 08:02:04 PM »

Btw Essendon and St Kilda game in Wangaratta has been cancalled because the Bombers couldn't get a flight up there. The Saints went by bus so they made it. The game has been called a draw. A right royal stuff up as I believe AFL rules state that a team needs to arrive at least 24 hours before the game starts if flying by plane.

You fail to show you declare and lose the points is my understanding of the rules.

And I might add the locals from Dooks old stomping ground are not happy

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2012, 08:14:45 PM »

You fail to show you declare and lose the points is my understanding of the rules.

I don't blame them. It was a 9000-10000 sellout and there would've been a few who would've travelled a fair way to Wangaratta from surrounding towns just to see two AFL sides play live.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2012, 08:22:03 PM »

I don't blame them. It was a 9000-10000 sellout and there would've been a few who would've travelled a fair way to Wangaratta from surrounding towns just to see two AFL sides play live.

But it's ok, Essendon are """SPECIAL""".

We are all peeing on now but there is much discontent.  :(

gerkin greg

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2012, 08:47:09 PM »
Jeremy Cameron is going to be a SUPAAAASTARRR
whoa  :shh

gerkin greg

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2012, 08:48:05 PM »
Their forward line will be more structured when The Chad comes back in

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2012, 09:14:49 PM »
Where is the Chad at?

gerkin greg

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2012, 09:17:29 PM »
Chadding it up at The Chad's

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2012, 09:32:13 PM »
Is Rat with him?

gerkin greg

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2012, 09:45:59 PM »
How the stuff would I know

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2012, 10:19:05 PM »
How the stuff would I know

Thought you kept a tight leash on Rat?

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2012, 10:35:46 PM »
Their forward line will be more structured when The Chad comes back in

lmao

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2012, 11:26:43 PM »
Anyone watch any of the games tonight?
I've seen the scores but didn't watch and don't know if any were taken seriously enough.
The sydney and nth game did look like it was close for a while
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S