Author Topic: Non-Richmond games 2012  (Read 67680 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Non-Richmond games 2012
« Reply #345 on: May 05, 2012, 04:24:39 PM »
This round going to script so far. Bombers home by 65 over the Lions and the Cats knocked the Dees off by 43.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #346 on: May 05, 2012, 07:02:16 PM »
All tied up 10 mins in the last quarter in the Gold Coast vs Freo game. Good for all those sides vying for the lower end of the top 8 if the Suns can cause an upset.

Edit: Bugger! Freo just kicked a goal.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #347 on: May 05, 2012, 07:31:30 PM »
Yep Freo home

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #348 on: May 05, 2012, 08:43:02 PM »
If Bock is out for the season that really hurts their backline.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #349 on: May 05, 2012, 10:08:01 PM »
besides not being good enough, the saints have been butt raped by the umps tonight
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #350 on: May 05, 2012, 10:31:07 PM »
... Adam Goodes limped off the field with a groin injury.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/16931/Default.aspx#fixtureid=7709&tab=Recap

No Goodes next week would be huge news as we play the Swans at the 'G.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #351 on: May 06, 2012, 03:03:20 AM »
It's all downhill for the Saints. Their class players are now on the wrong side of their prime and they have too many recycled hacks now that can't kick and are just plodders. The only positive last night for them was Kosi remembering how to play footy again.

The Hawks weren't that impressive either. They heavily rely on Buddy, Rioli (Dimma would love to have him at Tigerland) and Mitchell to have day outs each and every week. A top side will slice and dice their way through the Hawks' backline especially with Gibson missing.

As for the Crows beating Sydney by 5 pts in Sydney - thanks Adelaide for stuffing up my tipping for this round  :banghead.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #352 on: May 06, 2012, 08:33:35 AM »
All tied up 10 mins in the last quarter in the Gold Coast vs Freo game. Good for all those sides vying for the lower end of the top 8 if the Suns can cause an upset.

Edit: Bugger! Freo just kicked a goal.

Was so hoping for this too, we need the freos, bombres and kangas of the world to drop games theyre supposed to win..
Especially with these early % boosters they all have
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #353 on: May 06, 2012, 07:24:39 PM »
West Coast over Ninth Melbourne by 25 pts in the late game.

Scoreboard flattered the accurate Roos all day. 35 - 20 in scoring shots.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #354 on: May 06, 2012, 08:47:07 PM »
Nice to see Nought lose.

Would have been really peeved if they won even after I found out Nic Nat withdrew because of injury.

The other advantage we have playing GWS and GC later in the season is if they have injuries and the toll of long seasons on young bodies and they are cherry ripe for a mid to late season flogging.

Well that's what I want to believe for now. :thumbsup

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #355 on: May 11, 2012, 11:04:18 PM »
What to make of the demons. They are horrible this year(and tonight). Last year under Bailey they was performing better. Not sure what the problem could be. Is Neeld giving to confusing of  instructions or is the players that have been there for years just don't want to put in the effort knowing they are years away from success.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #356 on: May 11, 2012, 11:06:39 PM »
Rabble. Bring back Daniher

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #357 on: May 12, 2012, 04:39:08 AM »
What to make of the demons. They are horrible this year(and tonight). Last year under Bailey they was performing better. Not sure what the problem could be. Is Neeld giving to confusing of  instructions or is the players that have been there for years just don't want to put in the effort knowing they are years away from success.
Well according to Neeld in his press conference, he claimed the Dees are where we were under Dimma in early 2010 - starting from scratch with a side that naturally didn't know how to defend and that got burnt on the spread and uncontested footy (they also lost the contested footy last night). So he's effectively labelled Bailey another Wallace. Neeld also said if the Dees are still playing like this in 3 years then they'll have a problem. At the moment Neeld will be lucky to get through one year :yep. You would expect a side with Jamar in the ruck; Trengove, Moloney, Jones, Grimes & Sylvia in the middle; Frawley at FB and Mitch Clark (who is playing pretty well surprisingly) at FF, to at least be competitive. Add Davey, Rivers, Bartram, Bate, Garland and Magner who are all 24 y.o. or older. The Dees have also had Dunn in their side in the first 6 weeks. They aren't that young to use youth and inexperience as an excuse. Melbourne are just a rabble.

ps. Thank gawd we chose Cotch over Cale Morton by the way.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #358 on: May 12, 2012, 07:51:00 AM »
malthouse also they were starting from scratch again.
dont forget they had a coach who taught them how to lose rather how to win. despite any differences in the age and experience make up, i can see similarities between them and us when hardwick took over.

Neeld has had to strip it back bare and start again in terms of how he wants them to play and it will take time. It took rance a year to fully understand how hardwick wanted them to play.

like us in 2010 they are capable of playing reasonable footy in small patches but struggle when the opposition get going. with them being more experienced overall than we were they should improve quicker than us, but like us in 2010, will still get a good good draft pick without actually having that as their main goal.

you can actually see an attempt to increase their defensive pressure from the players, but they just arent good enough at it because it is such a foreign concept, again just like us in 2010.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

gerkin greg

« Reply #359 on: May 12, 2012, 10:53:09 AM »
Only similarities I see is the boys club culture Neeld is having to deal with, let's not forget this is a side that could have made finals last year when they sacked their coach, a side that beat up on the Swans who finished top 6 by nearly 100pts. Bailey's winning percentage was going up every year, their curve was tracking in the right direction. Far cry from Wallace's last year. I don't buy this having to strip everything back. They are a rabble. Pure and simple.