Author Topic: Rudd Resigns  (Read 11682 times)

FNM

Rudd Resigns
« on: February 22, 2012, 05:31:40 PM »
About time  :thumbsup

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Rudd Resigns
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 05:50:00 PM »
its only  a mattter of time now that he challenges gillard for the leadership. By resigning his ministry he has time to speak to all members whilst slumming it on the back bench.
As much as i dont like gillard we all remember how hopeless kevin '07 was so bad his own party couldnt wait to ditch him because they "lost their way".
The problem we as a country have is that as long as this joke of a party is in control of government we are doomed to insipidnous & no leadership. The sooner they call an election the better this country will be.
The club that keeps giving.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 06:06:01 PM »
its only  a mattter of time now that he challenges gillard for the leadership. By resigning his ministry he has time to speak to all members whilst slumming it on the back bench.
As much as i dont like gillard we all remember how hopeless kevin '07 was so bad his own party couldnt wait to ditch him because they "lost their way".
The problem we as a country have is that as long as this joke of a party is in control of government we are doomed to insipidnous & no leadership. The sooner they call an election the better this country will be.

Doubt there will be challenge he simply doesn't have the numbers now and is unlikely too in the future

He needs 52 votes for memory, he'd be lucky to have 30...

And there wont be an election  ;D Nor should there be as I've said many times we have as a nation what we voted for  ;D We might not like it but we collectively voted for it, suck it up and live with it  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

FNM

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 06:41:05 PM »
I actually think they both should resign.
She might have the support of the party but not the people
Crean's now got himself tarnished and been there done that.
Stephen Smith is the only option and I've followed him a bit - quality guy
Windsor threatens to go to an election if they dump Julia
Might be on!

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 06:47:54 PM »

Certainly interesting times for all the poltical nuts amongst us.

Worst possible sceranario for Abbott is to have Rudd win the spill and call an election with a very short lead up time.

The Libs would go to an election with no policies ready and with the public wanting to give poor hardly done Rudd another go.

:lol

Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 06:49:05 PM »

Certainly interesting times for all the poltical nuts amongst us.

Worst possible sceranario for Abbott is to have Rudd win the spill and call an election with a very short lead up time.

The Libs would go to an election with no policies ready and with the public wanting to give poor hardly done Rudd another go.

...especially if Rudd comes out promising to ditch that big evil Cabon Tax thing.

:thumbsup
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

10 FLAGS

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 07:16:06 PM »
Hey 65 why are you replying to yourself  :lol Labor is stuffed from dodgy climate change policies back to pink bats that catch fire burn down peoples houses and kill people. Well done Labor!  :clapping Doin a great job  :lol

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 07:17:35 PM »
Hey 65 why are you replying to yourself  :lol

Just adding another piece of wisdom to my post.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 07:54:56 PM »
Too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
Funny thing in the likely scenario where Labor loses the next election both Julia and Kevin may retire from politics and neither will have the chance to snip and a couple of by elections post the federal election. Kevin will become a High Commissioner somewhere or get a cushy embassy and Julia will live in the spare room above Tim's salon.
Julia has destroyed the Labor party for the next 10 years.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 08:09:46 PM »

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 08:14:56 PM »
Julia will go down as Australia's worst Prime Minister. :help

FNM

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 08:26:56 PM »
Leadership ballot on Monday  :thumbsup

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 08:28:08 PM »

Doubt there will be challenge he simply doesn't have the numbers now and is unlikely too in the future

He needs 52 votes for memory, he'd be lucky to have 30...

And there wont be an election  ;D Nor should there be as I've said many times we have as a nation what we voted for  ;D We might not like it but we collectively voted for it, suck it up and live with it  ;D

Live with the fact we were screwed in every way. No chance.

we  voted for a government that said there was to be no carbon tax, now there is.

I hope Rudd bends Gillard over and gets the numbers. Even Bolt is applauding Rudd's move.

Rudd or Gillard as opposition ill take Rudd any day of the week. Gillard is an embarrassment to herself and our country.

Il tell you what if Rudd challenges and wins and declares the carbon tax is off the agenda it will be game on, especially if Abbott hangs around
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 08:33:55 PM »
GIllard is hell bent on destroying Kevin's credibility and status to the point of no return.
He's already been bent over and resigned a ballot on Monday merely bends him over once again for the Labor caucus to confirm their superiority.
She has gone back on everything and will pay for it in the squillions at the next election.
The next elections will be the biggest loss by a sitting government in history more than Whitlam's defeat in 75 after The Dismissal.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 08:55:31 PM »
Leadership ballot on Monday  :thumbsup

Will be a spill but I doubt a ballot

To have a ballot you need more than one candidate  ;D

Rudd doesn't have the numbers and most likely wont get the numbers so he wont nominate

One candidate elected unopposed

And BTW the fact that Bolt is applauding Rudd's latest "move" should be enough to send Labor Caucus members voting for Gillard  ;D

Stephen Smith is the only option and I've followed him a bit - quality guy

Agree with your here FNM - best option Labor has IMHO, experienced, holding a tough portfolio, only problem alot of the electorate wouldn't have a clue who he is because he's from WA
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)