Author Topic: Will They Cop It  (Read 3271 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Will They Cop It
« on: March 10, 2012, 06:26:50 PM »
So we have been crucified, roasted, shot, hung, cut up and spat out regarding our recruitment in the past.

After the way Martin is performing and Nic Nat, will or should the Dees get the same justice regarding Watts and Trengove or Scully....or is it too early to tell???
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Will They Cop It
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 06:32:11 PM »
Not much the Dees can do about Scully and Trengove is their captain, so he must be doing alright. Watts hasn't set the world on fire but there's still time for him.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 06:43:13 PM »
we shouldnt be so paranoid, listen for a while there, you could have taken a lucky dip approach with our drafting and I dare say the results would have been more favourable. Now we are beginning to warehouse some of the best young talent in the country...whoa, its impressive :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 06:49:01 PM »
Not much the Dees can do about Scully and Trengove is their captain, so he must be doing alright. Watts hasn't set the world on fire but there's still time for him.

The Dees are getting a thumping at the moment, the Scully pick up was a complete waste and agree they didnt know. But imagine if they had recruited Martin, Nic Nat and Trengove.........looks better than the option they took.

I actually think they should cop a bit of a roasting.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 07:49:56 PM »
we shouldnt be so paranoid, listen for a while there, you could have taken a lucky dip approach with our drafting and I dare say the results would have been more favourable. Now we are beginning to warehouse some of the best young talent in the country...whoa, its impressive :shh

not necessairly the best talent, but there is a system in place to get people to the club that have the attributes required.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 07:56:28 PM »

not necessairly the best talent, but there is a system in place to get people to the club that have the attributes required.

I thought I said some of the best :huh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 11:37:17 PM »
More scrutiny to come in the season proper. Bookmark this thread.

gerkin greg

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 01:57:32 PM »
Bookmarked

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 08:15:26 PM »
So preseason only, but what has Scully, Trengove and Watts done compared to Martin and Nic Nat.....mmmmmmm, not freaking much......

"Rucks:

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 08:44:36 PM »
They have got some early picks(Scully compensation picks) to draft some talented juniors. But like us pre-dimma development of that young talent isn't turning them into stars.

By the way did the demon's activate any of there compo picks for this draft(2012). They should of activated the pick they get straight after their own first round selection given by the looks of pre-season they will likely finish bottom 4. 

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 11:22:30 PM »
Up to their old tricks are they??
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 10:25:40 AM »
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but the Dees must look back on 2008 and 2009 and feel sick in the stomach.

Hurley is exactly what the Dees wanted in Watts I reckon. Watts is young, Watts will take time, Watts will be ok.... We heard the same thing with Tambling and it never came to fruition.

Then comes 2009, pick 1 and 2. Throw in pick 11 for McLean and pick 18 and, like us in 2004, Melbourne would have been thinking that they can't help but get 4 guns.

Scully leaves after 2 years, Trengove might be the Deledio from that draft, a great player, but not the freak gun that Martin is going to be. Then they got Gysberts and Tapscott, while a guy called Fyfe gets taken at 20.

Morton is another massive fail, Strauss and Blease (injuries aside) hadn't shown much when they did play.

The Demons would be top 4 certs with Hurley, Martin, Fyfe, Dangerfield, Shuey running around for them, but the Demons tend to like their draft picks well educated and soft.

Couldn't have happened to a better team!  :lol

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 01:48:29 PM »
This is the only thing we can thank Wallace for, drafting McMahon from the Dogs who kicks the goal so we beat Melbourne. If that hadn't happened we would have had Scully and they would have had big Dusty.

At the same time don't go roasting the dees.
We could have had Richo, Pav (we took fiora over him) and Buddy all running around the same ground at the same time.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 01:53:26 PM »
This is the only thing we can thank Wallace for, drafting McMahon from the Dogs who kicks the goal so we beat Melbourne. If that hadn't happened we would have had Scully and they would have had big Dusty.

At the same time don't go roasting the dees.
We could have had Richo, Pav (we took fiora over him) and Buddy all running around the same ground at the same time.

I know every team has it's own horror stories, hopefully we don't have anymore for a long time.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

gerkin greg

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 03:04:54 PM »

We were always going to take Dustin Martin