Author Topic: 2012 Team Analysis: WEIGHT  (Read 1345 times)

Offline afightingfurydotcom

• Tiger Rookie
    • A Fighting Fury
2012 Team Analysis: WEIGHT
« on: March 21, 2012, 10:36:06 AM »
Welcome to my team analysis for the upcoming 2012 season.  In this series I will be analysing each teamīs rank within the AFL in terms of weight, height, age and games played.  I will also go a step further to break down the analysis between defense, midfield, attack and ruck.

So lets kick off the season by going in depth in to each teamīs weight analysis.  You can find this post here http://www.afightingfury.com/?p=827

In each position we are no worse than 7th position (defense) and our highest ranking is 3rd in the midfield and overall it gives us a ranking of 2 in the AFL!

This shows that our list is one of the strongest in the AFL which may be surprising to some!  Lets have a look at the breakdown by position.

Our heaviest players are our two rookies, Wright and Darrou. They are followed by Rance and Post.

In the weight to height ratio that I have come up with (weight less height + 100) this calculates a playerīs body mass with a score of zero being an acceptable AFL level.

At the top of the list was as Wright (+8), Darrou (+7) and Houli(+4). They are followed by 6 players who are on level terms (0) which means that we have a decent weight in defense without being overly strong which is evident by our 7th ranking.

The heaviest player is Tuck followed by Jackson and Arnot.

In the weight to height ratio Arnot leads the way (+7) followed equally by Tuck, Jackson and Foley (+3) and White on (+2). Martin and Cotchin are on -1.  Our midfield is physically strong within the AFL due to our depth in this department.

The heaviest player is Griffiths followed by Miller, Vickery and Riewoldt.

In the weight to height ratio King leads the way (+4) followed by Miller and MacDonald (+2) and Maric and Griffiths (0).  Riewoldt has a score of -2 and Vickery -5.

Our starting forwards are decent but Vickery needs to beef up.

Graham is the heaviest followed by Browne and Maric.

In the weight to height ratio the ranking Graham leads the way (+5 ) followed by Browne and Maric (+2).
Overall our ruck depth is excellent.
www.afightingfury.com

....A Richmond Tigers Blog!!!
***News, statistical analysis, your views and my opinion on the RFC***

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
Re: 2012 Team Analysis: WEIGHT
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 11:17:25 AM »
I congratulate you on the comprehensive presentation of your analysis, I found it to be very informative and the comparisons interesting.

Please note: defence and make old Mopsy happy

gerkin greg

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 11:21:45 AM »
yeah but what does it all mean

SFA?  :shh

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 11:23:35 AM »
yeah but what does it all mean

SFA?  :shh

It mean we are fatter than the other teams :/
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 11:38:19 AM »
Good stats and afightingfury.com is an excellent site. Keep up the good work  :thumbsup
Unleash the tornado

Offline hyperlite

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 12:31:41 PM »
interesting stats! Makes me laugh at the bummers ... supposedly put on weight/bulked up and still down the order.

dwaino

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 12:46:31 PM »
interesting stats! Makes me laugh at the bummers ... supposedly put on weight/bulked up and still down the order.

Was just about to say the same thing. Carrying on like they're the only team to have hit the gym. Robbo was going on about it on 360 the other night and both of the Scotts who were in screwed their faces and replied, "big deal, so have we," and, "who hasn't?"   :lol

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 01:50:01 PM »
Great graphs! The biggest factor is the average weight imho. It's interesting to see that our size in and around the ball is comparitively high. This should surely equate to more contested ball wins! Our backline is too small but we didn't need a graph to tell us that really - Grimes is the Dustin Fletcher of our backline at present :).

Really when it all comes down to it, we need the size to compete on a level playing field. After that ability and skills comes into play. This is something I feel we have plenty of!