Author Topic: Positives from last night's game?  (Read 4438 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Positives from last night's game?
« on: March 30, 2012, 02:46:25 PM »
Losing to Carlton sucks I know but what positives did you get out of last night's game?

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Positives from last night's game?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 02:49:04 PM »

I fly out tomorrow for four weeks holidays OS and I won't be able to watch the crap I saw last night.

:thumbsup
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 02:49:14 PM »
good seats.

tony_montana

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 02:52:10 PM »
The fact that we really didn't play very well, went away from our structures and yet were only 6 points down with all the momentum 10 mins into the final quarter.

I think were a better side than last night and will prove it in the coming weeks.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 02:56:23 PM »
1. Cotchin
2. A competitive ruckman who wins taps and competes around the ground.
3. Rance will be a gun backman for us.
4. One game closer to Jako and Edwards leaving the RFC.

The fact that we really didn't play very well, went away from our structures and yet were only 6 points down with all the momentum 10 mins into the final quarter.

I think were a better side than last night and will prove it in the coming weeks.

I think so too TM. I still think we can have an impact in the next block of four games and win two of them.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 03:09:46 PM »

Agree 100%. You could say Carlton didn't play that well either, but would have been interesting if Dusty kicked that goal and brought it to within 1 point how different the game may have been. We could have also stopped the junk goals and lost by 4 goals and come away witha  4 goal loss from a poor performance.

Thought Cotchin and Griggs game were positive.
Go Tigers!

Ox

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 03:25:47 PM »
Jack still goes for junk time goals?

Ox

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 03:26:20 PM »
"Junk Time Jack"

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 03:28:28 PM »
Positives for me were as follows: Griggs played a good game as did Cotchin. Edwards played well last night as well. Rance was good. Jack was class when ball came to him except for snap in first quarter and despite Martin being quiet by his high standards he still managed to kick two goals which says alot about him.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 03:29:53 PM »
"Junk Time Jack"

I cringe at this.

Mainly because its true and I dont want to admit it.
Go Tigers!

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 03:32:49 PM »
define junk time
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 03:45:22 PM »
It wasn't 106 points this time.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 04:04:20 PM »
Jack did what he was told and played further up the ground.
Positives;  We didn't 'chuck' the ball all night like Carlton did and stuck to the traditionally accepted hand pass.
We didn't rely on players running out of bounds to kick goals ala Yarran, stuffed if I can understand how that boundary umpire standing there in front of him didn't see the kid he clipped on the way through.  We had four debutants, two of which had never played AFL and who will only get better.  We looked a bit nervous and that is something that can and will be remedied.  The papers put the mozza on us and are congratulating themselves for stuffing us over as we feel sorry for ourselves, if we go feral, we feed them.  Fact is we will come good this year but we are still a bit off the pace and have to build some confidence. 
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 04:11:08 PM »

Agree 100%

Peeved we lost but that was the positive

Morris too was a positive - his attack on footy, the contest was fantastic. Need a few more to show sort of spirit & COURAGE
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 04:20:43 PM »

Agree 100%

Peeved we lost but that was the positive

Morris too was a positive - his attack on footy, the contest was fantastic. Need a few more to show sort of spirit & COURAGE
Agree on Morris, was superb last night in those aspects but his stats will not reflect that. Though he put in some efforts in that 3rd which got the momentum swinging our way and we kicked 5 straight.

Positives were Rance, Cotchin, Maric, Morris, Grigg and I think Foley could get a mention here also.

Post for mine worst on ground and I thought our backline in general had a night to forget.