Author Topic: What if Jackson is named AGAIN to play next week?  (Read 19085 times)

Jackstar is back again

Re: What if Jackson is named AGAIN to play next week?
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2012, 10:04:36 AM »
Sub Title -Jackson isn't the Man
Decent whack by Robbo

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2012, 10:11:31 AM »
Says jacko not much chop

Revolutionary

10 FLAGS

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2012, 10:34:56 AM »
A crowd banner for the game

"DAN JACKSON TO COBURG"

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2012, 10:39:39 AM »
Robbo is on board......

IT'S a fine line between patience and self-defeating perseverance.

RECOMMENDED COVERAGE
The Tackle

Take Carlton's Paul Bower and Richmond's Daniel Jackson.

One has played 62 matches in six years (Bower).

The other has played 106 matches in eight years.

Both players have capacity to make fundamental skill errors, so bad that when the cameras switch to the coach's box, Carlton's Brett Ratten and Richmond's Damien Hardwick have been caught rocking and rolling in true Rodney Eade fashion.

Ratten's patience, however, has been rewarded. Hardwick's perseverance has to be questioned.

Bower was among Carlton's better players against Brisbane on Thursday night. The absence of Michael Jamison and Nick Duigan has meant Bower has got his opportunity - again - but this time he seems more comfortable in his surrounds.

He can still make howlers, as we saw in the first quarter against the Lions when he was galloping out of the back pocket and decided to handball, which flopped into the air and caused his team to lose the ball.

Ratten said at the weekend the football world was too harsh on his key defender. He may be right, but it does seem that when Bower makes a mistake in the back 50, it stands out because his mistakes can lead to a goal.

Still, with Lachie Henderson, Bower was superb in repelling the Lions on Easter Thursday and Ratten's patience with the West Australian is paying off.

Hardwick this week has a difficult decision to make with Jackson: Persevere or drop a player in the leadership group.

The problem is Richmond is striving to improve but is hamstrung when players like Jackson continually let the the team down by making basic errors.

There comes a time when the coach has to bite the bullet.

It is only Round 2, but if the Tigers want to get where they want to, then Hardwick has to find players who can consistently find a target and consistently make the correct decisions.

It wasn't Jackson's fault that Collingwood won the game with a blistering 10 minutes to open the third quarter, because no Richmond player was able to get their hands on the ball.

It is Jackson's fault, though, Richmond is robbed of goal-scoring opportunities when he is unable to move the ball from Point A to point B.

In the second quarter he tried to kick it to Brad Miller leading in the forward 50m and the ball dribbled out of bounds. In the third quarter, he linked up superbly down the Southern Stand wing, sized up the opportunities and kicked long to Robin Nahas at the top of the square with two Collingwood players on him. Result? Easy Magpies mark and a surge from the back half.

In the fourth quarter, with the Tigers challenging, his handball missed a target and the Pies swept it downfield.

Another time, he attempted a left-foot banana from the pocket while teammate Brett Deledio ran into the corridor.

He has good qualities, Jackson. He's physical, gets jobs his teammates don't want, and will die for the jumper.

Yet, there comes a time when negatives outweigh the positives, and on Saturday night Jackson was in the negatives.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2012, 11:10:53 AM »
Im actually torn between edwards and jackson, i dont believe BOTH will be dropped, hope so...I reckon edwards will go first
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2012, 11:15:16 AM »
at least edwards offers something at times
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2012, 11:34:52 AM »

Yeah Edwards can take speccies land with hi feet on the ground then proceed to kick it ten metres along the ground to the opposition bloke who is standing next to the man on the mark.

Hero to zero that's Edwards.

Run 30 metre with the ball take a bounce and handball to a guy with two players on him or kick it 40 metres to a nest of opposition players or along the ground.

Hero to zero that's Edwards.

Momentum killer that's Edwards.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2012, 11:45:17 AM »
offers much more than jackson could even dream about.
never seen jackson release players into space by hand from congestion like edwards can.

edwards may stuff up kicks ( and badly) but he does generally make good decisions with the ball.

surely you couldnt say the same for jackson?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Ruanaidh

« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2012, 03:12:58 PM »
The last two quotes shine a light on Dimma's predicament. We have two players that are just not up to it yet we have a reluctance to replace them with youngsters who may not be AFL ready or tweeners caught between AFL & VFL.....WTF I say, anything is better than the 2 that are confirmed duds.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2012, 03:24:40 PM »
I've bagged Jackson for years, he's just not a footballer.

Its come time now it's a bigger problem then him, if he gets picks it's a match committee issue.

It's one thing to be upset about a rubbish player continually stuffing up on field, but a match committee continuing to select that player is another kettle of fish.

Can't possibly play this week. Play another outside player, we don't need to tag anyone in the Melbourne side, thus Jackson becomes useless. He'll go and search for possessions and do more harm then good.

In: Maric, White
Out: King, Jackson

White is quicker, better kick for goal, better link up player, and has a better football brain than Jackson.

Jackson is this years McMahon, should earn his $ at Coburg.

Cant believe we resigned him  :banghead :banghead
Go Tigers!

Offline Tiger Woods

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2012, 05:50:38 PM »
Never fear fellas, I have hatched a plan.

We, the 99% who think that Jackson should get punted will occupy Punt Rd until he is gone.

Occupy Punt Rd will be a smashing success.

We call Jackson 'Apples' (as in apple turnover). And an apple a game keeps the Premier away.

Let's do it. GO ALL IN  :gotigers

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2012, 06:04:16 PM »
 :bow :clapping
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline tigtuff12

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2012, 06:34:26 PM »
...apples = nice... :)

gotta go...quite simply...gotta go...

how can a supposedly "smart bloke" continue to be so f'n dumb??  and I agree that we've got too many blokes who are a similar size, similar player etc - why not let one of the young onballers come in and tag for a few weeks, at least they'll learn what is required by running with the best midfielders...
...the fighting fury...

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2012, 06:36:38 PM »

:whistle, crap.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2012, 06:46:26 PM »
1.30 left into the 3rd quarter Rewoldt wipes out Dusty martin when Dusty clearly was going to mark the ball.  ;D

I wish we had Butcher