Author Topic: TUCK  (Read 1494 times)

Offline The Undertaker

• Tiger Rookie
  • What we need 'round here is a little more respect
TUCK
« on: April 08, 2005, 01:21:02 PM »
Very promising start under TW.

Like the Deadman(Wrestlemania 13-0) the Richmond Tiger will again rise to the top of the jungle where he so rightfully belongs.

Offline Cain

• Future Richmond star
Re: TUCK
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 01:35:16 PM »
Tuck - as with most of our youngsters showed a bit toward the end of last year.
"go for a run and then kick the ball son" appears to be the war cry this year.
If a person with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is that considered a hostage situation?

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 01:39:28 PM »
I was a massive wrap for Tuckerbag last year and still am this year, although I havent been impressed with his start, nor have I been dissapointed.

Jury is still out for me.
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 01:40:37 PM »
Amazing what happens when you have the coach on your side ;)

The other thing that works in Tuck's favour is his attack on the footy - very good int he clinches
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 02:07:08 PM »
Good start by Tuck and fully deserves his spot atm.

Constructive criticism if I may - I've noticed probably on too many occassions thus far that he tends to get quick kicks out of the middle to nowhere in particular without looking - similar to what Daffy and Campbell used to do.  I'd like to see him gather the hard ball (which he does well) and dish off by hand in close.  Something similar to what Mitchell was constantly doing for the Hawks last week and similar to what West does for the Dogs.  Tuck can get the hard ball, but let's make the most of it.  In saying this he probably needs more teamates running to provide.  Haven't quite put my finger on whether it is a case of not looking or not having the options.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 02:09:57 PM by Harry Hasselhoff »
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 04:11:23 PM »
I think Tuck is a good honest trier, like Hyde is,  but both lack footy smarts and don't have the best skills. Will fill the midfield void whilst younger more talented players are maturing but will only be used sparingly at best in a couple years time IMO.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 06:59:23 PM »
Good start by Tuck and fully deserves his spot atm.

Constructive criticism if I may - I've noticed probably on too many occassions thus far that he tends to get quick kicks out of the middle to nowhere in particular without looking - similar to what Daffy and Campbell used to do.  I'd like to see him gather the hard ball (which he does well) and dish off by hand in close.  Something similar to what Mitchell was constantly doing for the Hawks last week and similar to what West does for the Dogs.  Tuck can get the hard ball, but let's make the most of it.  In saying this he probably needs more teamates running to provide.  Haven't quite put my finger on whether it is a case of not looking or not having the options.

I think Tuck is still working on using the ball better in terms of not just blazing away so you're pretty spot on in your assessment Harry IMO. It was one criticism Terry had of Tucky in an interview when he first arrived but Wallace believed he was improving in that area - for example his kick to Tambling's advantage that lead to that supergoal.

Tuck's probably not going to end up in our starting midfield in a few years time but as a reliever in the midfield rotation he will be a good valuable contributor in our 22 and more importantly to our midfield depth. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2005, 06:16:53 PM »
Another good game from Tucky. 24 possies. IMO got the better of Scotty West and had far more influence on the game.

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005, 07:08:23 PM »
Wallace is looking for a tagger, well here's your man.  Tuck is very strong, fast, wiry, and most of all good in congestion.  Forget Chaffey.  Tuck beat West today and should be our permanent tagger.  His kicking lets him down but he can get the ball.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2005, 07:18:17 PM »
Agree Harry. Tuck seems a good option for tagger.

Another bloke that stuck it right up me today. Great effort to beat a bloke like West.

Tuck on West  :thumbsup
Coughlan on Cooney  :thumbsup

two massive wins for us.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2005, 07:30:54 PM »
Agree Harry. Tuck looks like he can become a very capable offensive tagger who can win as much ball as their direct opponent which all good sides have - Josh Carr, Ling, Lappin, etc.

Bulluss

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2005, 08:18:50 PM »
Seems to be getting better by the week.

I wonder who we owe the credit to in regards to recruiting Tuck.

Could it be Beck? :shh

letsgetiton!

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2005, 07:49:59 PM »
I think Tuck is a good honest trier, like Hyde is,  but both lack footy smarts and don't have the best skills. Will fill the midfield void whilst younger more talented players are maturing but will only be used sparingly at best in a couple years time IMO.
i think both esp hyde have showed good skills and gr8 footy smarts at this stage and both will be key figures in our midfield 4 a while yet! hyde was with richo bog on the w/e and tucjk wasnt far behind!

also i wouldnt say cogs beat cooney , thet was an even contest imo, cogs is still 6 weeks away from being totally match fit and conditioned and back to his best