Author Topic: Round 3 team to play Melbourne  (Read 7598 times)

tony_montana

Re: Round 3 team to play Melbourne
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2012, 07:15:12 PM »
hello everybody..its only round 3

Its only rnd 3 mate, but it has an eerie feeling of been down this path before...

Ruanaidh

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2012, 07:16:10 PM »
There is no way I am going to watch those clowns on Saturday win or lose. Dimma had a chance to make a stand, he failed. Surf's up Sat :thumbsup

Dimma is making a stand. But you won't be around to see the result on Saturday.

Stick by your words and go away and barrack for the scum.

Surf's up......and the sharks are fishing.......for surfers lately.  Can you swim fast enough....without your left leg?
Who the stuff are you to tell me to support anyone else but the RFC! I've barracked for and been a member with this club for the past miserable 30 years. The difference between me and you is that I have the capacity to think independent from the spin merchants at the club and will make a stand when I see fit.

Note. this post has been heavily censored by the swear filter!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:23:10 PM by one-eyed »

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2012, 07:17:02 PM »
Dimma one question please...?

Where is the ACCOUNTABILITY in this team??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2012, 07:22:06 PM »
hello everybody..its only round 3

Its only rnd 3 mate, but it has an eerie feeling of been down this path before...

Yep, every year round 3 follows round 2 and next up will be round 4.

By the way, next year is 2013.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2012, 07:34:38 PM »
Just to clarify from an earlier post. When I referred to clowns I wasn't using the collective nomenclature. I was referring specifically to the 4 players I have been harping on over all week.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2012, 07:38:47 PM »
Very poor decision to keep Jackson in side. Agree gutless and full of cowardice. Jackson is leading a charmed life.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2012, 07:40:12 PM »
There is no doubt some players are on notice, unfortunately our player depth isn't there yet and whilst Hardwick has spoken a tough line about earning team places its a simple fact that he doesn't have too much to play with at Coburg. Having said this if we lose then things will get very interesting, if we lose then no doubt it will be the same players letting the team down. This will be when all RFC supporters will have real reason to complain if Jackson, Vickery, Edwards etc. etc. don't get dropped.

As a tigers supporter i must have heard the word "patience" a million times but after only two rounds against potentially two top four teams i still think we need to give the playing group one more chance. Confidence is an amazing thing and i have no doubt that against the Dees which is a team of a standard well below what we have faced thus far that once we start showing some ascendancy then players who have struggled will suddenly find their mojo. Martin is due for a big one and if Cotch and Lids continue their form then i cant see how we cant win the contested possessions. You would think at least one of either Jack or Vickery will fire and Nahas or mini Maric will appreciate a little more space in the forward line then has occurred in the first two matches.

The KPIs this week most definitely will well and truly be monitored for the whole team not just a handful of horribly out of form players. Make no mistake, there cant be any other result on Saturday other than a win for the Tigers, if we lose then this will be the big headline news more so than a win by the Dees. Following a loss Hardwick will well and truly have the blowtorch applied to him by both tiger supporters and the media so there will be no choice but to drop under performing players next week even if it means bringing in eternal fringe dwellers like White and Webberley.

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2012, 08:24:48 PM »
eternal fringe dwellers like White and Webberley.
Lots of people thought that Tucky was a fringe dweller at this time - and later - last year.

Be careful what you wish for...........it might just come true.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2012, 08:27:08 PM »
Snip! Cut out the personal insults and crudity ppl!  ::)

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2012, 08:29:38 PM »

Your posts are offensive.

I don't find them offensive. Must just be you Ekto.
What I find offensive are football fans who judge other fans' dedication on whether or not they turn up to a game. If Ruanaidh doesn't like the selected side, then why should he waste his time watching them play. Once the club has got your membership money, they couldn't give a stuff about whether you turn up to the game or not.

Personally I am not attending on Saturday out of protest of the Jackson selection also. Whilst Webberley or White may not be the answers to our long term problems, if their form is good then, to paraphrase Kath Day-Knight, what are they, chopped liver?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:41:35 PM by one-eyed »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2012, 08:35:49 PM »
My issue is this and is the reason I described this weeks selection as cowardly

We were told that players weren't going to be gifted games anymore, games would be earnt

We have blokes that have been poor (actually make that very poor) for the the first 2 rounds but they still in the side = gifting games

We have blokes running around for Coburg who have played good football and based on their form deserved to be playing in the AFL side = earnt the right to a game

That's why I reckon it's cowardly, staggering and poor; very poor

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2012, 08:35:56 PM »
Very poor decision to keep Jackson in side. Agree gutless and full of cowardice. Jackson is leading a charmed life.

While I don't agree withe the decision to retain Edwards, Jackson and even Vickery (what would Post be thinking) I fail to see how it would be courageous to drop them. Why is it a brave thing to do? Its not hard to drop players look at Mark Neeld.

Rightly or wrongly, they don't think we have a better option in the 2's.
Dimma was silly to announce the whole "earn your spot" comment in the off season because we clearly don't have the depth to back up that statement.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2012, 08:39:24 PM »
While I don't agree withe the decision to retain Edwards, Jackson and even Vickery (what would Post be thinking) I fail to see how it would be courageous to drop them. Why is it a brave thing to do? Its not hard to drop players look at Mark Neeld.

Rightly or wrongly, they don't think we have a better option in the 2's.
Dimma was silly to announce the whole "earn your spot" comment in the off season because we clearly don't have the depth to back up that statement.

Perhaps he was wrong to say it but he said it - can't turn back on it now

Drop those who desrve to be drop and promote those who deserve it

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2012, 08:40:52 PM »

Your posts are offensive.

I don't find them offensive. Must just be you Ekto.
What I find offensive are football fans who judge other fans' dedication on whether or not they turn up to a game. If Ruanaidh doesn't like the selected side, then why should he waste his time watching them play. Once the club has got your membership money, they couldn't give a stuff about whether you turn up to the game or not.

Personally I am not attending on Saturday out of protest of the Jackson selection also. Whilst Webberley or White may not be the answers to our long term problems, if their form is good then, to paraphrase Kath Day-Knight, what are they, chopped liver?
Wow, another fake Tiger fan.

Firstly, reference to genitalia on a kid friendly forum is OFFENSIVE.

Secondly, we Tiger fans are supposed to be SUPPORTERS,  not bloody knockers like the Scum and the Aints.

If your mate doesn't like the selected side........STICK FAT AND SHUT UP.

Oh we’re from Tigerland
 A fighting fury we’re from Tigerland
 In any weather you will see us with a grin
 Risking head and skin
 If we’re behind
 we’ll never mind
 we’ll fight and fight and win
 oh where from tigerland
 we never weaken til the final siren goes
 like the tigers of old
 we’re strong and we’re bold
 oh we’re from tiger
 -YELLOW AND BLACK-
 oh we’re from tigerland
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:42:37 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2012, 08:41:22 PM »
softwick is doing his best impersonation of wallace and frawley
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?