Author Topic: Coburg game being broadcast live on SEN  (Read 4024 times)

Bulluss

Coburg game being broadcast live on SEN
« on: April 09, 2005, 02:45:22 PM »
Just letting you all know that it is on now.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Coburg game being broadcast live on SEN
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 03:28:58 PM »
Thanks Bull - yeah I saw this unfortunatlt i am working in a computer room and it is hard enough to get an fm station let alone sen.

gee that station has got poo reception - i have been ducking downstairs every now and then for updates  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Coburg thumped by 86 pts
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 05:04:06 PM »
Round 2 - Coburg City Oval - 2.10pm

Coburg 3.3  5.5  7.8     8.9-57
Springvale 5.2 11.6 15.9  21.17-143

GOALS: A.Houlihan 5, Rix, Moore, Gilmour

BEST: Rimington, A.Houlihan, Meyer, Foley, Pattison, Raines (Nick - don't think Andrew played as he might come in for Sugar if his ankle doesn't come up  :( )

http://reg.sportingpulse.com/onlineresults/rpt_progressive.cgi?a=MR_&aID=42&ext=1

Cheers Bull. Caught the last half.

One way traffic  :P. Saints senior players tore Coburg to pieces. Guerra (5 goals), McGough and X.Clarke did as they pleased. Foley seemed to be the only one who did well. Pattison sounded as he did ok. Meyer named in our best. That's about it! A bit of worry when a couple of our young cubs are going one-handed at marks in defence :help. Seems Flood's report will be similar to last week  :-X.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2005, 05:19:02 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 09:47:29 PM »
Went to the game today and it was pretty hot and windy.  We were beaten by a much better and experienced side who played really good footy and were well drilled.  Sprinvale really impressed me today

IMO our best player was Nick Raines.  He is quite small but really goes in, gets the ball and delivers well.  Plays and looks very similar to his brother Andrew.  How old is he?  Any chance we can rookie him?  Coz I like the look of him.

Foley was also good, got alot of the ball and just knows where the ball is going before it goes there.  I love the way this kid pays HOWEVER I'm getting concerned about his kicking, especially under pressure and think that this, if anything, might be his downfall in the end.  In saying this, I beleive he deserves to be promoted as he is really good in tight and is brilliant with his hands.

Pattison was ok without being outstanding and seems to be improving his kicking.  He really goes in hard for a kid, i'll give him that.  One passage of play on the wing was really courageous where he backed into a pack of 5 players and really got crunched.  The kid has guts.  Took some nice marks and overall the signs are good with Patto.

Why is Moore being played in the forward line?  Did nothing and got injured and may miss a few.  Why were McGuane and Archibald sitting on the bench for extended periods - especially McGuane, who did some nice things in the last quarter.  Archibald is still too raw, especially in the mind.  He really needs to work on his reading and awareness, looked lost alot of the time.

Meyer, Gilmour and Roach played most of the game in the backline, which I found a bit weird.  Meyer played well and took a few good marks, made good spoils, and delivered well.  He got beaten by Murray and is not quite ready but the signs are good.  He needs to bulk up in the upper body, but he didn't hold back and went in hard, getting crunched but getting striaght back up.  Roach and Gilmour need to do more.  For some reason I just don't notice Gilmour at all.  Roach needs to go in harder and keep his head over it - he is becoming too outside-ish.  He looks good running with the ball, but he loses the plot in a one on one and shirks alot of contests.  I don't think he thinks he belongs out there with the big boys atm.

Polo - struggled.  He's all arms and legs and looks stuffed most of the time.   Wouldn't say it's a case of not trying however.

Good to see Raines might get a game tomorrow.  If he does he won't look back and cement a spot in the best 22.  Go Andrew !!
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 11:57:33 AM »

IMO our best player was Nick Raines.  He is quite small but really goes in, gets the ball and delivers well.  Plays and looks very similar to his brother Andrew.  How old is he?  Any chance we can rookie him?  Coz I like the look of him.

Yeah I was impressed with Nick Raines as well HarryH (btw I missed the 1st quarter). I believe he is 22-23. He was once rookied by the Bears IIRC

Foley was also good, got alot of the ball and just knows where the ball is going before it goes there.  I love the way this kid pays HOWEVER I'm getting concerned about his kicking, especially under pressure and think that this, if anything, might be his downfall in the end.  In saying this, I beleive he deserves to be promoted as he is really good in tight and is brilliant with his hands.

Agree Harry - he is one tough nut. Also when you compare him size wise with the likes of Meyer, Tambling etc he is really solid which has to be a positive.

Pattison was ok without being outstanding and seems to be improving his kicking.  He really goes in hard for a kid, i'll give him that.  One passage of play on the wing was really courageous where he backed into a pack of 5 players and really got crunched.  The kid has guts.  Took some nice marks and overall the signs are good with Patto.

His kicking style lacks "grace" - it looks ugly but he was quite effective. He is certainly moibile for a big bloke. Certainly needs to bulk up a fair bit (especially across the shoulders). I think at the moment he would struggle in the seniors against established blokes but long term - a good prospect

Why is Moore being played in the forward line?  Did nothing and got injured and may miss a few. 

Hurt his shoulder - it was iced up at 3 quarter time. He hurt his shoulder when they moved him down back. I was actually surprised he played this week - I was told he was on crutches after the Bendigo game last week and all he did on Wednesday at training was run laps

Why were McGuane and Archibald sitting on the bench for extended periods - especially McGuane, who did some nice things in the last quarter.  Archibald is still too raw, especially in the mind.  He really needs to work on his reading and awareness, looked lost alot of the time.

I didn't notice McGuane at all - though you would think he would thrived in the weather yesterday being a Qlder :-\

Archie had a shocker I reckon. Though hopefully he would have learnt something about playing body on body footy in last quarter against Guerra. His decision making (especially yesterday) let him down terribly. A few times he should have gone with the first option, chose not to and got himself into trouble

Meyer, Gilmour and Roach played most of the game in the backline, which I found a bit weird.  Meyer played well and took a few good marks, made good spoils, and delivered well.  He got beaten by Murray and is not quite ready but the signs are good.  He needs to bulk up in the upper body, but he didn't hold back and went in hard, getting crunched but getting striaght back up.  Roach and Gilmour need to do more.  For some reason I just don't notice Gilmour at all.  Roach needs to go in harder and keep his head over it - he is becoming too outside-ish.  He looks good running with the ball, but he loses the plot in a one on one and shirks alot of contests.  I don't think he thinks he belongs out there with the big boys atm.

Roach played on Guerra for a while in the last quarter and got taken to the cleaners. Guerra was to physically strong for him and body on body Tom Roach couldn't match it.

Gilmour - he really needs to work on the defensive side of his game and that's the reason he gets put on down back quite a bit to make him accountable for his opponent. As I said I missed the 1st quarter but I am feel pretty confident in saying that I don't think Gilmour had a touch in the second. He looked more at home in the 3rd quarter when he was playing on the wing or half forward

Polo - struggled.  He's all arms and legs and looks stuffed most of the time.   Wouldn't say it's a case of not trying however.

I thought Polo played in the Coburg seconds ???

Tambling didn't play

Limbach played for the Burger seconds

Morrison - struggled at CHB but looked better when in attack - though still not holding his marks which is his biggest problem IMO. Had a hand in the 2 goals Coburg got in the 3rd.

Monteath - wears number 30 and looks like his old man. Not as polished as his dad was but has a great attack on the footy

Adam Houlihan - still starring in the VFL :rollin :-\

All in all a shocking display by Coburg
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 05:28:27 PM »
As WP mentioned in another thread Schulz played a half for Coburg reserves:

Scores From VFL Reserves Game

Coburg 0.3 1.3 3.6 4.6 (30)
Port Melb 5.1 9.2 15.6 19.10 (124)

Goals: S.Daniher 2, J.Mullins & J Schulz 1

Best: T.Jorgensen, L.McKinnon, D.Smith, D.Limbach, D.Strachan & D.May

RFC players: D.Polo, D.Limbach, J.Schulz

http://coburgtigers.goal.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=94283

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Coburg games being broadcast live on SEN next two weeks
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 07:03:04 PM »
Round 4 Vs. Box Hill & Round 5 Vs. Frankston Live On SEN

Our Next 2 games will have live coverage on SEN116, so if you can't get down to watch the boys live, catch the live action on SEN.

Monday 25th April Coburg Tigers Vs. Box Hill
12pm-5pm Live From Box Hill with Mark Doran, Liam Pickering & David Schwarz.

Saturday 30th April Coburg Tigers Vs. Frankston
12pm-5pm Live From Coburg City Oval with Liam Pickering, Bruce Eva & David Schwarz.

http://coburgtigers.goal.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&aid=94194

And of course Sarge will be playing as reported on the RFC site :thumbsup

Offline Tiv

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 08:47:16 PM »
Has anybody any info on when Coburgs reserve side will have a game televised??

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 10:28:02 PM »
Has anybody any info on when Coburgs reserve side will have a game televised??

The VFL reserves don't have their games televised. Only way to see them play is in the flesh at their games.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Coburg game being broadcast live on SEN now - Coburg by 41
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2005, 04:05:01 PM »
3/4 Time:

Coburg  11.4-70
Box Hill   3.11-29

Schulz 3, Houlihan 3, Rix 2, Pattison 1, Gilmour 1, Carlson 1

Best for Coburg:

Pattison 7k 3hb 6m (5 contested)  (quieter in that term)
Gilmour 12k 3hb
and Sarge before going off.

Moi

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2005, 04:17:05 PM »
Hawks 53
Coburg 70

Only 17 points difference

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2005, 04:19:07 PM »
Coburg doing their best impression of Richmond early 1987. Box Hill with the first 4 goals of the last quarter.

Coburg gone defensive.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 04:27:51 PM by mightytiges »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2005, 04:21:18 PM »
Roach gets a steadier - assist from Tambling

Coburg  12.4-76
Box Hill   7.11-53

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2005, 04:31:33 PM »
Tambling seals it after mark and goal - 12k 4hb 5m 1 goal

Pattison   14 possies 8 marks

Coburg  13.4-82
Box Hill  8.12-60

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Coburg won by 22 pts
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2005, 04:43:09 PM »
Final Score

Coburg   3.1  8.1  11.4  13.4-82
Box Hill   1.4  1.7  3.11   8.12-60

Goals: Schulz 3, Houlihan 3, Rix 2, Pattison , Gilmour , Carlson , Roach, Tambling

Best acc. to SEN (Richmond): Gilmour (B.O.G.), Pattison, Schulz, Tambling, Morrison (good in defence).

Moore 12 possies.

Best acc. to VFL site: Rayson Morrison Gilmour Moore Foley Kuret
« Last Edit: April 25, 2005, 06:06:49 PM by mightytiges »