Author Topic: On ya Chrissy Hyde  (Read 1984 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
On ya Chrissy Hyde
« on: April 10, 2005, 05:55:20 PM »
29 possies. Great game. B.O.G. Just kept running and running and got the ball forward when the dogs were on top in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Not sure who he was on as their was hardly any manning up in the game except for Tucky on West and Cogs on Cooney (both wins for us).

Gas had his best game in a few years. His disposal today was surprisingly good also.

Richo - well what more can you say  ;D.   :thumbsup to :banghead to  :rollin to  :thumbsup.

Thought Newman did enough on Brad Johnson to stop him cutting loose.

Now just waiting for JohnF to tell us about Cambo's 24 possies and winning goal lol  ;D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

Re: On ya Chrissy Hyde
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 06:56:27 PM »
Chris Hyde was BOG in my opinion, i know the writers in the paper will love Richo with 4 goals and 15 marks but Hydey worked his arse off all day and no one in our team worked harder than him today.

Not only did he get 29 touches but he won most of his own ball to go with it. He has developed into a real good tough midfielder and its a real credit to him.

I seen him a few times during the pre-season at training and he would be staying out after to work on parts of his game which need to be developed.

Well done mate. :thumbsup

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 07:03:55 PM »
Hyde is slowly developing into one of our best and smartest players.  Not only does he run and work his butt off, but he is becoming very cool under pressure, and is choosing the right options most of the times.  He's starting to remind me a bit of Matty Knights in the way he holds the ball and waits till the right option presents itself, and not rushing his disposal.  Well done Hydey.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 07:08:06 PM »
I named this dude in the off season as the big improver - good on me ::) go chrissie  :thumbsup

Just got home and cant wipe the ssmile off my face :cheers

Bring on freo  :thumbsup

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 07:15:33 PM »
I am shocked at what our midfield did today :gobdrop

Easily the best game Hyde has played for the club. I don't rate him that highly, and think he will start to be phased out of the team in a couple of years, but he stuck it right up me today. Fantastic effort. I hope he can keep this up. If he can get 22+ touches per game average by year's end he will have done very well for himself.

Now just waiting for JohnF to tell us about Cambo's 24 possies and winning goal lol  ;D

And after only playing 3 quarters of the game  :bow

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 02:00:51 PM »
Only thought Hyde was good in patches.

Composure with the ball was terrible at times.
29 touches is a great stat, but I don't think his touches were as effective as some others.

Bulluss

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2005, 02:34:44 PM »
While i respect your opinion H Tiger, i am very surprised at what you say.

Chris Hyde's game yesterday was brilliant in my view. He won plenty of the footy and used it well pretty much all day in my opinion.

The key word is "won" not only did he have plenty of it, he actually goes and get his own footy and made up for a lot of other peoples mistakes also.

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005, 04:10:27 PM »
While i respect your opinion H Tiger, i am very surprised at what you say.

Chris Hyde's game yesterday was brilliant in my view. He won plenty of the footy and used it well pretty much all day in my opinion.

The key word is "won" not only did he have plenty of it, he actually goes and get his own footy and made up for a lot of other peoples mistakes also.

I respect your opinion as well Bull.

Hyde was good yesterday, no doubt.

Its just IMO others were better (for eg Tuck, Cogs, Hartigan & Brown), in particular with their use of the ball.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 02:17:05 PM »
cogs in my opinion broke eben with #uck face!
harts only played a quarter
tuck was gr8
but

hyde was the man! in another thread he was labelled slow and not a smart footy player! my reply was he is faster than he appears and has a gr8 footy game! he proved me right1 go hydes, jack dyer medalist he will be this year !

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2005, 05:53:46 PM »
By Cogs and Tucky nullifying Cooney and West in the midfield we were then able to reduce the contest to who had the key forwards to win the game. In the end we had Richo while they had to rely on Brad Johnson who's still a top player but can't take a contested pack mark at only his height. If we had kicked straight then we would have won easily as many of the dogs' goals came from kick-ins after we missed. Obviously we still need to work alot on zoning and stopping the opposition from going coast to coast after we kick a point. The doggies did it far too easily although they are by far stats wise the best in the comp. at it. 

letsgetiton!

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2005, 06:52:35 PM »
By Cogs and Tucky nullifying Cooney and West in the midfield we were then able to reduce the contest to who had the key forwards to win the game. In the end we had Richo while they had to rely on Brad Johnson who's still a top player but can't take a contested pack mark at only his height. If we had kicked straight then we would have won easily as many of the dogs' goals came from kick-ins after we missed. Obviously we still need to work alot on zoning and stopping the opposition from going coast to coast after we kick a point. The doggies did it far too easily although they are by far stats wise the best in the comp. at it. 

play old fashioned man on man in defence and we dont have to zone

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2005, 09:14:03 AM »
Agree with you Mighty regarding the zone.  Too often the Dogs would play the huddle then sprint off to the flanks.  We were trying to play man on man, but were simply too slow to keep up with them hence they would go coast to coast.  I was screaming my lungs out for the zone defence, but Terry obviously didn't hear me.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2005, 05:32:54 PM »
Agree with you Mighty regarding the zone.  Too often the Dogs would play the huddle then sprint off to the flanks.  We were trying to play man on man, but were simply too slow to keep up with them hence they would go coast to coast.  I was screaming my lungs out for the zone defence, but Terry obviously didn't hear me.

Agree Harry. We went man on man because we were harder around the contests but it hurt us when the Dogs were kicking in. Just gave away easy goals when in general play the dogs were struggling to kick a score. We needed the zone set up to force a short kick or even better a contest. Once the ball was back in play we could have returned to man on man as the dogs had a small forward line which we had the arsenal and numbers to contain. We just needed to hold them up from running easily out of our forward 50 and into theirs.

ps. Need to bring a megaphone on Sunday Harry  ;D.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2005, 08:38:07 PM »
If he can show the consistency he had last year he'd be up there with the likes of Ling, Kerr and Reilly