Author Topic: Changes next week for the Eagles game?  (Read 6454 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Changes next week for the Eagles game?
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 07:38:15 PM »
If griff players seniors after barely a handfull of games in the past 2 years ..things are grim at tigerland

Things are already grim, what have we got to lose......unless he is completely unfit or carrying an injury, honestly what difference would it make with Vickery playing like he is?
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Gigantor

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 07:39:42 PM »
you have a point,vickery couldnt beat The ALP right now

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 08:06:31 PM »
Anyone of these or all for, Jackson, A Maric, Vickery

Griffiths, Webberley, Graham and yep....McGuane

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 08:10:53 PM »
If griff players seniors after barely a handfull of games in the past 2 years ..things are grim at tigerland

Things are already grim, what have we got to lose......unless he is completely unfit or carrying an injury, honestly what difference would it make with Vickery playing like he is?

Not that grim, this is the most competitive we have been for years and that is without Jack, Ty and Dusty firing

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2012, 08:22:48 PM »
Problem is our depth isn't still there. Miller was terrible but will survive especially if Vickery misses. Jacko should go but seems to be one of Dimma's favourites. Mini Maric is probably the one that will be cut as he got subbed out with Edwards coming back in.

Haven't watched the replay yet just about to do that  ;D

But being at the game Miller certainly wasn't "terrible" compared to Vickery. Miller led to space, attacked the contest when it was in his area, can't samy the same about Tyrone. Granted he missed a couple of set shots but at least I didn't walk away think "what the hell were you thinking" which is what I find myself doing right at the minute regarding both Ty & Jack

IMHO For Ty'a benefit he needs to go back the VFL and get his bloody hands on the footy. Haven't seen a player so down in confidence fro a very long time as Tyrone is right now

Again IMV you cannot drop both Reiwoldt & Vickery but at the same tigme you cannot keep playing them both at the moment because they are both playing crap  ;D

Apart from his goal in the 3rd Jackson was again very poor. The other we got told that the Coaches were happy with how he played on Shaw, early in the game today he was on Mackie. It was staggering to me the number of times he took Mackie to the contest resulting in Mackie gettng the cheap easy kicks he thrives. If peole ar egoing to say but Mackie only had 20 kicsk instenad of 35 I'll puke. I've said it many times give me 20 quality effective kicks over 35 "iffy" ones any day

INS: Webberely (must rewarded for decent form), McGuane

OUTS: Vickery (can't play him & Jack when they are both so out of form), Mini Maric (looked really lost today and stood outside of packs when he needed to hit the contest HARD),

Would drop Jackson as well but knowing this isn't going to happen what's the point in suggesting it  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 08:25:00 PM »
Think you may need to have a forward for an in

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 08:36:53 PM »
Think you may need to have a forward for an in

Nope because you could play McGuane as a forward because he will at least make a contest, bring it to ground & put in a second effort

Other thing at the moment is the 3 talls just isn't working, Eagles don't have an overly tall backline so the need for another tall forward is diminished.

As for the ruck situation - Miller?McGuane to pinch hit in the ruck. Centre clearance will be the key against the eagles - we need to structure up to work our clearances around their hitouts   

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 08:42:11 PM »
Totally agree with WP and the ins and the thoughts on McGaune
Also you might as well play McGaune and make him earn his big bucks that he is on

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2012, 09:12:32 PM »
Consideration needs to be taken if we are any chance need to combat Cox McGinnity Kennedy and Lynch in their forward line.

I think in the midfield we can break even.

Need to play our most skilled side.

I've said it before and I'll say it again Jako needs to be dropped.

Can I ask what his role is other than weekly ball butcherer, weekly oblivious to the obvious contestant and weekly no major contribution player.

I think Conca is going to get rubbed out too.

As for ins I really don't know I've ranted and now I can't be stuffed thinking. :lol :rollin :lol

Give Elton a go and Webberley. :-\

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2012, 09:50:10 PM »
Yea i fear for conc either edwards will come in or webbers
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2012, 10:09:27 PM »
Yea i fear for conc either edwards will come in or webbers

I think Edwards needs another rest....

"Rucks:

tony_montana

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 10:10:11 PM »
Bin the 3 tall fwds game plan, it just doesn't work. Would rather have more run and be able to hod the ball in the fwd line. Don't mess too much with the defensive chemistry we've found the last few weeks.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2012, 11:08:41 PM »
Monty I don't think the setup is wrong, rather it's the quality of the players.
Jack, TV and Miller have not been getting in each other's way.
They have been either:
a) unable to get to the ball - Jack and TV
b) unable or unwilling to get to the best position and compete - Jack and TV
c) unable to take marks - all three
d) unable to kick goals from limited chances - all three.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 03:09:55 AM »
Problem is our depth isn't still there. Miller was terrible but will survive especially if Vickery misses. Jacko should go but seems to be one of Dimma's favourites. Mini Maric is probably the one that will be cut as he got subbed out with Edwards coming back in.

But being at the game Miller certainly wasn't "terrible" compared to Vickery. Miller led to space, attacked the contest when it was in his area, can't samy the same about Tyrone. Granted he missed a couple of set shots but at least I didn't walk away think "what the hell were you thinking" which is what I find myself doing right at the minute regarding both Ty & Jack
8 possies (just 3 kicks) with a disposal efficiency of just 38% for only one point is a terrible return. I think in the game thread I flipped  ;D when Miller kicking with the strong breeze failed to even make the distance with his set shot. You can't afford to have such unreliable/poor kickers for goal. They are momentum killers whose misses hand back possession to the opposition. Also with Miller he needs to take the mark otherwise he is out of the play as soon as it hits the ground. Malthouse on 3aw wanted Miller subbed off in the 2nd quarter.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 07:08:36 AM »

8 possies (just 3 kicks) with a disposal efficiency of just 38% for only one point is a terrible return. I think in the game thread I flipped  ;D when Miller kicking with the strong breeze failed to even make the distance with his set shot. You can't afford to have such unreliable/poor kickers for goal. They are momentum killers whose misses hand back possession to the opposition. Also with Miller he needs to take the mark otherwise he is out of the play as soon as it hits the ground. Malthouse on 3aw wanted Miller subbed off in the 2nd quarter.

Arguement can be made that total possessions don't mean very much escpecially for forwards - having watched the replay it again hightlighted that at least Miller gave us a target up forward, he led into space rather either playing from behind = Jack or not presenting = Tyrone. I think out of those 3 I know which one offered the most on the day. Agree he dropped marks but cannot agree that once they are dropped he is "out of the play as soon as it hits the ground". Firstly the most obvious question is where are the crumbers? Isn't it their job to be front & square for this very thing (geez this is where we miss Kingy) but secondly at least when it hits the ground he makes a 2nd effort, sadly right at the minute we can't say the same about the other 2

As for missing goals he wasn't alone, struth Lids missed a soda in the final qtr, kicking with the breeze 45 metres out, the 2nd qtr all shots at goal were terrible reckon 5 behonds highlights that  ;D