Author Topic: Changes next week for the Eagles game?  (Read 6447 times)

Ruanaidh

Re: Changes next week for the Eagles game?
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 04:38:29 PM »
I think Edwards needs another rest....
Yes that was a fearsome leg injury afterall....... :rollin

Edited to correct quote

Thanks WP
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 07:05:16 PM by Ruanaidh »

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 05:04:21 PM »
I think Edwards needs another rest....
Yes that was a fearsome leg injury afterall....... :rollin

Edited to correct quote

Agree, nearly lost his life, best to air on the side of caution... ;D
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

tony_montana

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 05:22:18 PM »
Monty I don't think the setup is wrong, rather it's the quality of the players.
Jack, TV and Miller have not been getting in each other's way.
They have been either:
a) unable to get to the ball - Jack and TV
b) unable or unwilling to get to the best position and compete - Jack and TV
c) unable to take marks - all three
d) unable to kick goals from limited chances - all three.

agree they arent getting in each others way. Form is obviously a factor but im getting a sneaking suspicion that (laziness aside) opposition sides have worked out this setup - weve been playing it since last season, time for a change up imo. Plonk Jack at FF his best position, give him space and give Miller a run at CHF for a few weeks, then if Miller stinks it up bring in Vickery if he turns it around at coburg, if not bring in Elton for a taste before giving Griffiths a run later this season. Occassionally bring in a 3rd tall (horses for courses) but by and large Id put it on the backburner for a while. Look at Pies, Hawks, Cats, Crows, 2 talls and a 3rd mobile tall at times. Our 3rd tall aint mobile  :rollin

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2012, 06:44:47 PM »
agree they arent getting in each others way. Form is obviously a factor but im getting a sneaking suspicion that (laziness aside) opposition sides have worked out this setup - weve been playing it since last season, time for a change up imo. Plonk Jack at FF his best position, give him space and give Miller a run at CHF for a few weeks, then if Miller stinks it up bring in Vickery if he turns it around at coburg, if not bring in Elton for a taste before giving Griffiths a run later this season. Occassionally bring in a 3rd tall (horses for courses) but by and large Id put it on the backburner for a while. Look at Pies, Hawks, Cats, Crows, 2 talls and a 3rd mobile tall at times. Our 3rd tall aint mobile  :rollin

Yeah I probably agree with you about changing it up.
It may also have something to do with Williams taking over from Daly as forwards coach.
I also think resting onballers - Dusty, Cotchin, Deledio - can be sent to the square one-out and Jack coming out at times.
I'd like to challenge those guys to kick goals from the square. Think they'd love it.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2012, 07:13:32 PM »
They have been either:

Spot on TM :thumbsup I just watched the replay and the setup is way too predictable and lacks 'energy'. I also think that Millers misses at crucial times are sapping confidence. Vicks and Miller offer much the same but Vicks has more upside and can relieve Maric so he gets one more week to prove himself and we drop Miller. Elton has the pace to play short and tall so I would bring him in.

Therefore my updated ins and outs are:

Outs: Miller and guess who ;)

Ins: Elton (or Griff) and Arnot.

BTW I think this is a very winnable game as our defence and midfield are hitting some really good form.

dwaino

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2012, 07:20:27 PM »
They have been either:

Spot on TM :thumbsup I just watched the replay and the setup is way too predictable and lacks 'energy'. I also think that Millers misses at crucial times are sapping confidence. Vicks and Miller offer much the same but Vicks has more upside and can relieve Maric so he gets one more week to prove himself and we drop Miller. Elton has the pace to play short and tall so I would bring him in.

Therefore my updated ins and outs are:

Outs: Miller and guess who ;)

Ins: Elton (or Griff) and Arnot.

BTW I think this is a very winnable game as our defence and midfield are hitting some really good form.

I think Elton rolled his ankle on the weekend.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2012, 07:50:29 PM »
It's Griff time!

dwaino

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2012, 08:28:18 PM »
It's Griff time!

Make sure there is plenty of gaffer tape on hand!  ;D

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2012, 09:33:35 PM »
It's Griff time!
yes I agree totally. Nothing to lose.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2012, 09:36:25 PM »
Bring in the Griff!  I love the Griff.  Hang on this is sounding like a Seinfeld episode! :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2012, 10:48:39 PM »
Footy Barometer - Round 5
Herald-Sun
April 23, 2012

RICHMOND

ON THE BLOCK:
The entire Tigers forward line could be in trouble. Brad Miller had a shocker, Jack Riewoldt is a shadow of his 2010 self , Ty Vickery is struggling and Addam Maric was subbed out without hitting the scoreboard. Hardwick won’t drop a player in the ilk of Riewoldt, but the rest would be sweating over a possible return to Coburg.

ON THE CUSP:  Unfortunately for Richmond, there isn’t much in the VFL. Coburg lost to straggler Frankston yet again on Sunday, with Matt Dea and Jeromey Webberley a couple of players who tried hard. Dan Connors returned and although his usual drive was absent he should get an opportunity at some stage.

SAM LANDSBERGER’S FORECAST: Hats off to defenders Dylan Grimes and Alex Rance, who led the way for Richmond on Sunday, while trade acquisitions Ivan Maric and Shaun Grigg are also enjoying healthy seasons. A tricky month awaits the Tigers. Games against West Coast (home), Port Adelaide (away), Sydney (home) and Essendon are all tough but potentially winnable. A season-defining spell awaits.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/supercoach-news/footy-barometer-round-4/story-fncufbo5-1226336237137

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2012, 07:43:36 AM »
As a minimum they would have to win 3 of those 4 if they wanted to keep any hope of playing finals.
They are capable of winning all four, they need to drop one of the fowards reshuffle the foward line and be accountable.

Want to play finals?? Winning culture starts this week my friends...
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2012, 04:56:30 PM »
RICHMOND - In the Mix

Shane Edwards will come under scrutiny after withdrawing from Sunday's team with a leg injury. His replacement, Matt White, had only three disposals after coming on as the substitute during the third quarter. The interesting one is whether the Tigers will play an extra ruckman to try to curb Dean Cox and Nic Naitanui. Tom Derickx might just get to make his AFL debut.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/133950/default.aspx

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2012, 05:38:30 PM »
Would have to look at bringing in Webberly for Maric, maybe Gus for Vicks or Miller and either give White another go or swap him for McGuane.

I would like to see Griff get a go to but I just can't see us making too many changes.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2012, 08:29:52 PM »
Would have to look at bringing in Webberly for Maric, maybe Gus for Vicks or Miller and either give White another go or swap him for McGuane.

I would like to see Griff get a go to but I just can't see us making too many changes.

LMAO off WAT Gus and McGuane.......