Author Topic: Review 2  (Read 1318 times)

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
Review 2
« on: April 11, 2005, 01:51:48 PM »
General-

How bad was the umpiring?
What do you have to do to be awarded a mark?
The umpiring was abismal as it was on Sat night in the Lions Swans game. >:(

Richmond General-

We were alot better in the midfield, we were harder at the ball in the centre with Harts till he got injured, Tuck all day, Hyde in patches, and Cogs in the last, good. Our forward line was goodish though Richo & Brown look like the only Tigers capable of marking. I thought we moved the ball pretty well in the first half. Though we weren't under as much pressure as the Hawks applied.

Specific players-

Good-
Richo- That mark!  :bow ripped the bullies apart.
Bowdo- Solidish.
Newman- Worked hard disposal good.
Krak- Better...... in the first half.
Brown- LMFAO at him conducting the bullies cheer squad  :lol, captains knock.
Tuck- great
Snake- Good first half

Poor-  
Pettifer, please learn to run on.
Graham !?!! what's the point?  :banghead
Chaffey, not much better really.
Tiv see above comment.

Overall-

We won!  :cheers
Still too many skill errors.
Playing Freeo next week, pray for rain.
Our young players were great.
We wanted to win more.

PS

Lol at Richo walking away from the free downfield so Krak could kick it in the first half.  :lol

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Review 2
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 03:50:26 PM »
Graham !?!! what's the point?  :banghead

The point is he follows the game plan. :thumbsup

When he came on he did what was asked of him

Every mark he took yesterday he moved the ball quickly.

Also his attack on the ball in the final quarter when he should have been hit on the chest but it landed a metre in front of him enabled the TIgers to keep posession of the ball. He has something that alot of our blokes lack at times - footy smarts
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 04:12:09 PM »
Newman's a class act. Opposition sides still don't respect him though which is good for us.

How bad was the umpiring?
What do you have to do to be awarded a mark?
The umpiring was abismal as it was on Sat night in the Lions Swans game. >:(

Been good IMO this year until this round. Not a good weekend for the men in whit... umm whatever colour they wear now.

Cost us at least 2 12-point turnarounds by not paying marks as the doggies ran up the other end and scored goals that should have been ours :banghead. Mind you I thought the umpiring was poor in stages for both sides.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 04:22:48 PM »

1. The point is he follows the game plan. :thumbsup

2. When he came on he did what was asked of him

3. Every mark he took yesterday he moved the ball quickly.

Also his attack on the ball in the final quarter when he should have been hit on the chest but it landed a metre in front of him enabled the TIgers to keep posession of the ball. He has something that alot of our blokes lack at times - footy smarts

I respect what you have to say WP, but I just don't think he adds much to our side.

1. Kids on our list follow the game plan too.
2. What was he asked to do? I didn't see him do much.
3. I didn't see him take many marks either, though I saw him drop a couple (Gaspar kicked it strait to him in the last and he dropped it cold putting us under pressure).

He looks like he could be a wasted pick to me.

I hope he's a good trainer and is teaching our kids that way, because I wouldn't want them following his on field example.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 04:53:15 PM »
I hope he's a good trainer and is teaching our kids that way, because I wouldn't want them following his on field example.

That's basically it along with him being a mature body who can fill-in at senior level while our young kids develop at Coburg.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 04:56:05 PM »
He looks like he could be a wasted pick to me.

You speak to any of the coaches and they will tell you that he was picked up for a couple of reasons. One his experience, and two to help develop the young blokes. That development includes allowing the likes of Pattison, Archibald and Moore to be developed slowly without them being thrown to the wolves so to speak.

Point 2 above ties into what you are saying here H Tiger - he is very good around the club. Everyone I have spoken to rates him very highly around the Club whether it be on the track, in the gym etc. IIRC he won the best Clubmen award at Hawthorn a few times (4 or 5 I think). In a way the CLub has picked up an extra assistant coach in the deal.

Also considering he spent the first half on the bench it would be hard to get a kick I reckon  ;D :help

To me he is doing exactly what he was picked up to do - and at the end of the day I will trust Tezza's judgement on this one :thumbsup

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 01:11:15 PM »
We looked gone a few times, but it was good to see our players tough it out.  Beats losing, but being at the ground you really get to see just how far we still have to go.  It was tear your hair out stuff for much of the game, from both sides.  At one stage, I turned to the Bulldog supporter behind me and said we’ll toss you for the game, just to put an end to the frustration.  Talk about being put through the wringer.

If we’re going to improve then our decision making has to get sooooooooooo much better.  So many wasted opportunities.

The game, as a spectacle, wasn’t helped by the tactics adopted, but both sides would have been lucky to be within 6 goals of better opposition.  We can only get better.

Hartigan – was the best player on the ground, with his work rate and efforts, until he went off injured.  Looked to be in for his best game yet.

Coughlan – getting better every game.  Influential in the last quarter with a great goal from a tight angle and won the ball out of the centre and, in the same passage of play, linked up to deliver the ball to Richo for his 4th goal.

Deledio – once he picks up the tempo of the game and gains experience he’ll be a very valuable player.  Was good to see that he was right in the action late in the game, even though his confidence could’ve been knocked a little by that stage.

Jackson – great attitude.  One of those players who naturally seems to do the ‘team’ things.  Just needs time and experience and he’ll become a valuable player.

Gaspar – gradually working back to some better form.

Raines – didn’t get much time on the ground, but good to see him enjoy his first win.  :thumbsup

We looked gone a few times, but it was good to see our players tough it out.  Beats losing, but being at the ground you really get to see just how far we still have to go.  It was tear your hair out stuff for much of the game, from both sides.  At one stage, I turned to the Bulldog supporter behind me and said we’ll toss you for the game, just to put an end to the frustration.  Talk about being put through the wringer.

If we’re going to improve then our decision making has to get sooooooooooo much better.  So many wasted opportunities.

The game, as a spectacle, wasn’t helped by the tactics adopted, but both sides would have been lucky to be within 6 goals of better opposition.  We can only get better.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.